Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,104 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Is Nigeria ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nigeria ? (632 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Nigeria ? by DuduNegro: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2012
On August 30th of this year, at the end of a political meeting aimed at forging a new order of regional government at arms length from the center, the Yoruba National Assembly issued a communique statement resolving to adopt a fourteen point agenda to draw new relationships with Nigeria.

The first point of their statement raises plenty of questions that center on origin. If I say what is Yorubaland every Yoruba person know the answer and can respond to it readily....a commonwealth of lands and people tied by bonds or woven together by a thread of belonging, culturally, spiritually, philosophically and cosmologically, to Oduduwa.

When I ask myself 'what is Nigeria'..? I am blank, cant find a common ground for definition of who I am as a Nigerian.....I know who I am as a Yoruba. So I thought I should brig this out for open diacussion. In your own words answeer this question and share what Nigeria means to you

1. Noted that Nigeria is, once again, at a critical crossroad. After more than 50 years of Independence and less than 2 years shot of 100 years after the 1914 amalgamation, deep structural issues and Nationality Questions, such as Federalism, Fair and Equitable Revenue Allocation, Security, Free and Fair Elections, State Police and inter-relationship amongst the different Nationalities remain unresolved! Indeed, the need for a National Dialogue to resolve the issues has never been more pressing. The general state of the Nigerian federation is disturbingly unhealthy. There is general insecurity in the land, there is growing decay of infrastructure, and there is increasing tension in the polity, exacerbated by mounting unemployment all over the country.
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by PaulJohn1: 9:42am On Sep 28, 2012
A geographical land mass, comprising of extremely different people in all ramification.
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by OmoLisabi(m): 9:43am On Sep 28, 2012
Nigeria is an hallowed cesspit, a mere geographical expression anyway. Death to Nigeria!!!!!
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by kunlekunle: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2012
A name coined by lady SHAW a representative of royal nigeria company to describe her business entity (RNC) and to ensure a legality over it as a property.

its a name given to create unity between the muhamedians (hausa/fulanis) and the middle belt pagans.

A name given to ward off the french aggression of territorial expansion.

When presented to the parliament, it became a name to unify all RNC busineess territories that shares boundaries.
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by PointB: 11:07am On Sep 28, 2012
Awolowo answered that question correctly when he said "Nigeria is a mere geographical expression."

Case closed
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2012
Lord Lugard and Flora Shaw should come out from their graves and answer the question! undecided
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by omosexy1: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2012
A shallow minded poster. First correct your spellings.
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by Torch1(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2012
Nigeria is a cesspit according Dede and truly Nigeria is a cesspit.
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by ijawcitizen(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
I know who I am as an Ijaw man and what it means to be an Ijaw. Nigeria means NOTHING to me and I will see to the downfall of this evil blood sucking empire called nigeria. Ayiba kpo emi!
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by asha80(m): 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
all of you shouting nigeria means nothing to you when the times comes for disintergration of the country you all will ru into the bush.
Re: What Is Nigeria ? by ijawcitizen(m): 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
asha 80: all of you shouting nigeria means nothing to you when the times comes for disintergration of the country you all will ru into the bush.
Watch Me!

(1) (Reply)

Bakassi: Of ICJ Judgment And Obasanjo’s Haste / Nairaland Sovereign national Conference / Federal Ministry Of Finance To Be FUMIGATED With N43 Million.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.