Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Android: Low internal Memory Solution - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android: Low internal Memory Solution (17950 Views)

How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) / Low Internal Memory? Solve It Here And Get Up To 1gb Free Internal Memory / Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android: Low internal Memory Solution by cj1080(m): 1:17am On Sep 29, 2012
Once again gentlemen, I come bearing gifts

We all have experienced the low memory issue that comes from our sheer download and usage of Various android apps and

games, that some times we find ourselves uninstalling and installing apps so that we can free up space.

Now gentlemen jump with joy because as Avast says" Avast me hearties, you ship of dangerous seadogs be safely in your sd."

This works for Android phones and tablets running Android 1.6 to 2.3 and higher as in froyo to icecreamsandwitch.

So without further adue, lets get started

For Foyo or Gingerbeard OS.

1. Make sure your Android devices is rooted
I can't stress this any louder- if you want to root your devices google how to root your device.

2.YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED!!!!!! Stressing this again.

3. You must have superuser installed and active.

4. You need a partition creator app.
This is an app that can create partitions on your SD card via your droid phone or tablet.
Do a google play search for partition creator or just download paragon partition creator.

5.You need to create two partitions on your SD card and you will make those partitions your primary partitions.
Some phones have the ability to create partitions on your Sd and name them ext,ext01. use you root explore to check your

root folder for mnt(mount) folder. If its there and it shows folders in your phone memory as against your SD. then you will

need to create the partition on your SD through a partition creator.

6. Once the partitions have been created(beginning to sound more like windows now).

7.Look for link2sd on googleplay and download and install it.
This app is like your basic app2sd but better and with more funcions. Fountions that enable you move even your systems app

to SD.

8.Once installed, open Link2sd it will show you all the apps installed on your system including all your system apps.

before it opens Superuser will ask that you allow or deny the app access. click allow.

9.Now for the hard part. You will need to select the apps you want to move to the partitions you created on your SD card.

This you can do by tapping the app. Once you select or tap an app on limk to sd, scrol down til you see twwo buttons "Move

to SD' or "Actions" if an app shws only actions button, tap the action button.

10. Once you tap the action button it will give you the option to convert that app to a system or user app.

11.Convert the app to a user app and go to your applications option in your settings. you will see hat now you can move the

app to sd. if the option is not there, use link2sd to move the app to sd.

For gingerbread and higher.

1. You may or may not need a partition depending on your phone

2.Open link2sd. and select those standard apps that came with the phone. e.g facebook,twitter,googleplay,gmail,google

maps,youtube. and convert them to user apps and move them to your SD.

Thats all folks.

Enjoy more space on your phone and less worry of space issues.

p.s when creating the partitions on your sd, use 100-200mb for partition space just to be on the safe side so as not to

worry over it getting full.

For any details shot me a viber call on 0023430967.
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by brianromel(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
Adding my own two bits.

Do not convert any of your core system apps to user apps. Apps like contacts.apk or camera.apk and move them to sd.

You can covnvert these apps. but most likely your phone or tablet will give u errors when u remove your sd card.

Big thanks Cj1080
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by Mafia4life(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
To add more details. U can also search and download "Root All 2 SD" to do this because not all files can be moved to SD eg Lib files, Data and cache still remains in fone memory. This app will partition a section of ur SDcard and clone it as fone internal memory.
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by cj1080(m): 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mafia4life: To add more details. U can also search and download "Root All 2 SD" to do this because not all files can be moved to SD eg Lib files, Data and cache still remains in fone memory. This app will partition a section of ur SDcard and clone it as fone internal memory.

Nicely done buv
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by cj1080(m): 11:09am On Oct 01, 2012
What up people happy independenc day

Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by cj1080(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2012
No tested replies yet.
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by Mayorwer: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
my phone is rooted but this seems harder to me.....
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by Mayorwer: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
Thank you very much guys.my phone is rooted.(1)i cant find partition creator on google play store,it brings link2sd.(2) i downloaded link2sd,choose app that i want to move,but some app did not bring option to convert to user app while some bring d option.My phone is samsung gallaxy y duos.os 2.3gingerbread.Thanks.
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by Mayorwer: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2012
Mafia4life: To add more details. U can also search and download "Root All 2 SD" to do this because not all files can be moved to SD eg Lib files, Data and cache still remains in fone memory. This app will partition a section of ur SDcard and clone it as fone internal memory.
pls can i have your mobile number.
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by Mayorwer: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2012
pls "Root all 2sd" is nt on google play store.where can i download it.
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by cj1080(m): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
ok for the full tutorial of how you can use link2sd or partition your drive.

check here: [url]htcexplorertips..com/search/label/link2sd[/url]
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by francis247(m): 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
What's this I've been reading on this board about rooting a
Droid phone just 2 move an app 2 sd card. Simply download Android
Assistant (it's a widget) from google play. Place it on one of dem front screen, tap on left side of d widget, tap move2 sd.
All apps that are movable pops up, select that which u want 2 move sd card.

1 Like

Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by brianromel(m): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
people there is a big difference between move2SD and link2SD.

move to SD only moves your installed apps. while link2SD. enables u to create a partition on your memory card and use it as ur phones internal memory. there by freeing up usage of your phone internal memory.

meaning more ram to work with. more multitasking.

it also provides move2SD features. but it's far much more better than app to as it move to sd which just saves the app to as but does not save the apps data or libs.

link2sd saves all files of the apps u install to sd. Please freeing up space for u for your phone or Tab to work it.

plus it allows the option for you to convert system apps to user apps. them link them to SD.

To use it first create a partition of any size on ur SD. using fat32 to create the partition,then select it with link2SD.

once done. that partition becomes your phones internal memory. e. g I created a 2gb partition that now subs as my phone memory. So now I can install more apps. and play more games.
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by Donlokobanty(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
Any app that can help save application data on SD... THIS sucks my phone memory...
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by simplicit(m): 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
hey guys, my infinix joyad (tablet) is still showing internal memory low, even after partitioning my memory card and link2sd. After moving my apps to memory card using link2sd, i see no changes at all....pls guys what is the solution?
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by tonyx4x44(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2013
after partitioning when i inse
rt the sd into my Phone tecno p3 it keep saying sd card damage xlick here to format
Re: Android: Low internal Memory Solution by varrd4real(m): 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Gr8 work guys, tanx!

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Edge 2020: Release Date, 8GB RAM And 42MP!!!! / Signs You Are Addicted To Whatsapp / 9mobile Introduces 9X Recharge Bonus Offer, Get 9 Times Value And 1GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.