Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,540 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. (1379 Views)

How Young Staff Can Get More Respect At Work / Document Evaluation For Education, Employment Or Immigration Purposes To The USA / Dvd Video Course For Education, Certifications & Skills (watch, Listen & Learn) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by Inova(m): 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
Does it bother you or is it just me. Have you noticed that in Nigeria it seems the more you seek education, the higher your chances of being unemployed.
To be a politician: Minimum education is pry 6
Salary package: stupiiiiddd money money$

To be a fresh graduate employee: minimum of BSc second class upper
Salary Package: God help us ??

So now at least we see a reason for our backwardness.
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by AjanleKoko: 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
Inova: Does it bother you or is it just me. Have you noticed that in Nigeria it seems the more you seek education, the higher your chances of being unemployed.

Una don come again embarassed

You sef, stop seeking education ke. Go and become a politician o jare grin
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by deolub: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
@ajanlekoko lol...leave the guy nau make him stop school then...most peeps have forgotten that the fad of politicians amassing public fund will soon be over...infact a time is coming that nigerians will vote leaders based on the values we fink they can add to the country...I see a better Nigeria
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by Inova(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2012
deolub: @ajanlekoko lol...leave the guy nau make him stop school then...most peeps have forgotten that the fad of politicians amassing public fund will soon be over...infact a time is coming that nigerians will vote leaders based on the values we fink they can add to the country...I see a better Nigeria

Guys don't get me wrong. I am a masters holder and I have a great job. My concerns goes to the unemployed graduates out there. I just wish someday all dis madness would eventually end and we'll be able to give credence to education some day. Served in Benue state some time past wen I acosted some of the truants for not comming for his classes. He asked me if Tuface went to school....... Dats the mentality some of our young ones are having now. Its not only all about the Politicians
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by AjanleKoko: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2012
Inova:

Guys don't get me wrong. I am a masters holder and I have a great job. My concerns goes to the unemployed graduates out there. I just wish someday all dis madness would eventually end and we'll be able to give credence to education some day. Served in Benue state some time past wen I acosted some of the truants for not comming for his classes. He asked me if Tuface went to school....... Dats the mentality some of our young ones are having now. Its not only all about the Politicians

You don't need to defend yourself pally. My comments were made in light-hearted mode.
Though your rant on education shows that you take yourself a bit too serious. Education on its own guarantees nothing. Only the right kind of person knows what to do with the education they have acquired. A certificate in itself is not a guaranteed meal ticket.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by Inova(m): 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Una don come again embarassed

You sef, stop seeking education ke. Go and become a politician o jare grin
LOL. No be so. Na vex I dey jare. E dey pain me.
Imagine a reputable company telling my friend dat he's OVER QUALIFIED for a position because he has a masters degree. Haba
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by deolub: 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
Inova: Does it bother you or is it just me. Have you noticed that in Nigeria it seems the more you seek education, the higher your chances of being unemployed.

Oga don't be defensive joor ...initially you were comparing education wiv politics and now entertainment the fact is a lot of Nigerians are into politics, entertainment and are yet to make a living out of it after years of hardworks....if Tuface tells you his story am sure u will even be more discouraged...so nothing in Nigeria comes easy getting a job, becoming a politician...becoming a Dbanj et al. You ve gat to keep pushing and trusting God...God help us

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by AjanleKoko: 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
deolub:

Oga don't be defensive joor ...initially you were comparing education wiv politics and now entertainment the fact is a lot of Nigerians are into politics, entertainment and are yet to make a living out of it after years of hardworks....if Tuface tells you his story am sure u will even be more discouraged...so nothing in Nigeria comes easy getting a job, becoming a politician...becoming a Dbanj et al. You ve gat to keep pushing and trusting God...God help us

Very well said.
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by mikkybrick: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Nobody is mentioning rituals/blood money..lol..no need for education na.. grin
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by AjanleKoko: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
mikkybrick: Nobody is mentioning rituals/blood money..lol..no need for education na.. grin

Na your own line be that abi? undecided tongue
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by KAYZZZZZZZ: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Have You Noticed That Nigeria Has No Respect For Education. by Inova(m): 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Very well said.
Na you sabi

(1) (Reply)

Pössible Reason You Are Still Unemploy / Ethernet Roadmap 2016 - All Graphics / How To Make Money With Your Phone By Just Reading And Commenting On News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.