Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App (5665 Views)

Shopinfo.com.ng - Nigeria's First Local Shopping Search / Nigeria Weather App - Redesigned (opinion) / Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by donniemc: 9:57am On Sep 30, 2012
On the occassion of the 52nd year of our independence, the giant of africa finally bags its maiden weather application [WEATHER NIGERIA]

Weather Nigeria --> a weather application that helps Nigerians find local weather conditions of any of the 36 states in the country.

--> Search Weatther for Nigerian cities with your voice [Available for google chrome user]

--> Available for Blackberry on the Blackberry appworld [SEARCH FOR WEATHER NIGERIA]

--> Available for android and Blackberry Devices on the getjar appstore http://www.getjar.com/weatherng

--> Available for Google chrome on the Google chrome store
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mgebmlijnkpgddcgblcadfjhiflnmjhi

- ->OOps we almost forgot, it also has a voice Narrator codenamed "Shayo" that reads the weather out aloud for visually impaired Nigerians [available only for google chrome users]

*********************HAPPY INDEPENDENCE***************************************

Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by remoranger(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
fantabulous and incredulistic
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by gen2briz(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
Good job...but come oo u sure say the forcast go correct sha

1 Like

Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
I can't find any link for java phones. N.B: THIS SPACE IS FOR SALE.
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by 0yewale(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
nice one..
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by ibrash600: 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
what of symbian/window mobile smartphone undecided
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by DeeAe: 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
no ios? cheesy
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by donniemc: 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dee_Ae: no ios? cheesy
Unfortunately none sad
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by kellystech(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
It sucks on android cry
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by donniemc: 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
kellystech: It sucks on android cry

What??..how?
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by ChideraFavour(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
Is dt wht we supose 2 achieve 2day as a 52yrs old country? I beg talk of beta thing jaree! Mtsheew!
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by DeeAe: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
k no ios, sucks on andriod..this app is bull, sorry to say
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by larrypage: 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
Love the app!!..works brilliantly on Android grin grin grin grin
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by larrypage: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dee_Ae: k no ios, sucks on andriod..this app is bull, sorry to say
chief.....d ting work well on my android oo....which kin phone u dey use ? grin
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
If its not on Ios, its plain sick and messed up....
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by gsmcoder: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nice, if permited I can modify this app to install on ios.

pls contact me if you are the developer and my request accepted

andrew@gsmcoder.net
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by donniemc: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
::gsmcoder:::

andrew@gsmcoder.net

imma contact you thanks
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
@ donniemc, I just downloaded the app now and tried it. I think it's a nice concept, and a nice simply design, but there are issues.
1) Man I use a blackberry curve 4, the APP is not an APP if to use it, it has to be loaded by my default browser. It takes time that way and it those not offer the ease of use, I was expecting.

2) I cannot multi-task with this app. If I go back without the intention of closing the app, the weather app automatically closes by itself. Meaning that I have to reload the app to use it again.

3)When the app loads and I click on say port-harcourt city, port-harcourt city opens in another tab. That is not good. It is not efficient.

4) This software is not an app if it cannot function without the default browser on the mobile device.

Please, man I want to support you and use your app, but it is not efficient, it does not offer you speed like an app should, it takes too many TABS to function.
For me, I'd have to delete the app from my phone until all the aforementioned issues are fixed. Great job though.
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by oladayo042: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
@OP
Like Henry120 said, the app doesn't work as an app on some BB models and it keeps redirecting to your homepage. If I can go to your homepage directly, why should I use the app?

After addressing this issue, you can implore users to leave you a favourable rating if they found the app useful. That way, it will be easy for others to find the app.
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by donniemc: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Thanks..my friend...its a type of app called a web icon, The goodnews is that it helps you check the weather in any state in nigeria....you can try the android app.......its native
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by donniemc: 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
oladayo042: @OP
Like Henry120 said, the app doesn't work as an app on some BB models and it keeps redirecting to your homepage. If I can go to your homepage directly, why should I use the app?

After addressing this issue, you can implore users to leave you a favourable rating if they found the app useful. That way, it will be easy for others to find the app.

Thanks..my friend...its a type of app called a web icon, The goodnews is that it helps you check the weather in any state in nigeria....you can try the android app.......its native
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by donniemc: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
Henry120: @ donniemc, I just downloaded the app now and tried it. I think it's a nice concept, and a nice simply design, but there are issues.
1) Man I use a blackberry curve 4, the APP is not an APP if to use it, it has to be loaded by my default browser. It takes time that way and it those not offer the ease of use, I was expecting.

2) I cannot multi-task with this app. If I go back without the intention of closing the app, the weather app automatically closes by itself. Meaning that I have to reload the app to use it again.

3)When the app loads and I click on say port-harcourt city, port-harcourt city opens in another tab. That is not good. It is not efficient.

4) This software is not an app if it cannot function without the default browser on the mobile device.

Please, man I want to support you and use your app, but it is not efficient, it does not offer you speed like an app should, it takes too many TABS to function.
For me, I'd have to delete the app from my phone until all the aforementioned issues are fixed. Great job though.

Thanks..my friend...its a type of app called a web icon [used by Cnn,Box.com and other big companies], The goodnews is that it helps you check the weather in any state in nigeria....you can try the android app.......its native!! once again Thanks!!
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by DeeAe: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
larrypage:

lol i no be android person, i posted dt cuz of dis:
kellystech: It sucks on android cry

Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by Francheezy(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dee_Ae:

lol i no be android person, i posted dt cuz of dis:

funny dude
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by searay(m): 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Why you know produce something where go work for Nokia 3310? Or are you not producing it for Nigerians?
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by KINGwax(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2012
larrypage:
na china phone the guy dey call android o. Make una face your business make one mumu no waste your time. It's working fine
::gsmcoder:::

andrew@gsmcoder.net
that's the spirit jare. With time, it'll be available with the help of good willed individuals like u
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by saudatu(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
oga, wat of we way de use nokia (symbia) pls do sometin. Tnx
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by Israel5(m): 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
where does dis leave chinko users?
Re: Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App by deloon(m): 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
angry No compatible version was found for Blackberry 9800 Torch

(1) (Reply)

6 SEO Trends You Need To Be Aware Of / What Does Hosted/non-hosted Adsense Mean? / My Dhtml Board Games Project :: Featuring Ludo, Snakes And Ladder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.