Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,069 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

When Will The Naija Of My Dreams Begin! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will The Naija Of My Dreams Begin! (475 Views)

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin / Is Apc The Naija Version Of Muslim Brotherhood Of Egypt? / Free Market Economics: Why Is The Naija Private Sector Unable To Bring Growth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Will The Naija Of My Dreams Begin! by popoyeh(m): 5:34am On Oct 01, 2012
I love my country, I no go lie.

It is home like no other. I can travel from East to West and from North to South, but no place like home. No place like Lagos, the ever busy, ever bustling city. I miss bus conductors shouting, calling passengers, I miss sachet water vendors running around, I miss head-packers (Alabaru) pushing you with their loads in the streets of Lagos Island, I miss area boys collecting dues (owo-ile) in Idumota. I miss Oshodi, Ojuelegba, Iyana - Ipaja, Mushin, Shitta, Campus etc. Oh, I miss Naija.

The only country in the world, where leaders will be corrupt with impunity and still come out to beat their chest, the place where millions live below $1 per day and a few ride in private jets and exotic cars; If the jets and cars were bought with money from their sweat, I'll care less, but most of them are being bought with money from the 'national cake', which is supposed to be every man's right. The country where you can do almost anything and get away with it, as long as you know how to dine with the Cabals. The place where 'cabalocracy' and 'lootocracy' are the courses the youths want to study in the universities.

But wait, are the leaders only to be blamed, are all these misappropriation and maladministration being perpetrated just by these few or they are being helped, helped by You? Yes you. The words of Lagbaja's song comes to mind; "200 million mumu". Are we not the ones? The ones who cast our votes for the highest bidder; with 1000 Naira hidden in 70 Naira Agege bread, we sell our present and future. Are we not the ones who cast our votes for the free spending candidate without asking what his occupation is? Are we not the ones, who sit back and cross our legs, satisfied as our resources are being raped over and over again? Are we not the ones who come 2015, will line up to collect bread, a cup of rice and our usual 1000 Naira? Maybe with the expected advent of 5000 Naira note, we might be upgraded to 1500.

People, think deep and hard. Is this the Nigeria you want? Is this the hope of our future, Is there a way out, what can be done, must we all expect the non functioning government at all levels provide for our basic needs? Hmmm, No! I don't think we should.

I have no answer to the issues raised above and if I do, what is the assurance that I will be listened to? What is the assurance that my tiny voice will be heard when great men have come and gone telling us the same things, what is the proof that the 200 million mumu's are not enjoying being swayed like leaves on the sea, what is the surety that we will change? NONE!

Instead of giving you an answer, I rant. I rant, so that we can begin to think, to create a thought process as individuals and collectively which will enable us channel a way out of this mess. To think of what legacy we want to leave behind to the unborn children of tomorrow, to think of what the future will be if we continue on this path. To imagine this continuous steady rot of our identity as a nation. To think of what we as a nation can achieve if everything is working accordingly, to dream and act our dream of a great Nigeria, a great future which no doubt begins WITH YOU.

Happy Independence Day!

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read : A Message From Nigeria On Her Birthday / Commissioner Kidnapped In Delta / ACN Sold Ribadu’s Presidency Bid To Goodluck Jonathan For N16 Billion,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.