Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,688 members, 7,823,940 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech (14445 Views)

Happy 52nd Birthday To Fashola: Checkout These His Lovely Pics With Tinubu / Governor Suntai Celebrates 52nd Birthday In Hospital / Happy 52nd Independence Day Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by adikachi(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
D thing with most Nigerians is we love bad/doom messages so we can gloat 'i said so' whats wrong with being optimistic and apprecitive of our success. Show some faith in d ability of Mr President. Wait till 2015 b/4 rushing 2 judge him
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by faithbukky(m): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
I can't agree less with Micklplus as he enunciates his points above. To buy fuel at the normal price is a problem. Reform by mouth. I have not seen electricity since I wake up. After 3 weeks of interrupted low current in Ilorin. A true Nigerian reformer must use the Rawlings experience. Jonathan wasted the goodwill that brought him to power by refusing to step on toes. Yar Adua voluntarily declared his assets but my uncle Jona does not give a damn. 1 year prayer without action is a waste of time. God has given us the WILL POWER to do the right thing. Poverty is prevalent even among the middle class while the rich are getting richer. Prayer ko, fasting ni.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by easyfem(m): 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
9ja result after 52yrs
Health=E8,
Poverty=A1.
Education D7
,Security=F9,
Corruption=A1
,Election rigging=A1,
Unemployment=F9,
Kidnapping=A1,
Bombin=B2
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by bblacky(f): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
How many hours did t took u reading dat long speech dr? Hw hungry man wan tk de listen to grammer for empty stomach? Electricity improved whr i neva c power supply for 5days even today 1st Oct.? We need results and not promises abeg!!!!
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Chegunn(m): 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
weaseloo: To all the critics on here, what have you done in your own little way to make Nigeria a better place?
We fail to forget that the change has to come from us. No saviour is going to come and deliver us. We have to work hard and work together to make this country great. In your own little way, do good and do not be sucked in by the bad and evil influences around you. This is our country, our home, OURS and no one else's. Quit bickering and criticising and start believing and working hard.

I believe in Nigeria, I believe in my country that we will one day have peace, fairness and comfort in this country. Amen!
I pay my tax, and i criticize our useless government. It is not until i start employing pple or bankrolling campaigns that i become a patriotic citizen. If u are as enlightened as u want to portray yourself on here then you should know that my tax is meant for infrastructural development, security among other things but sadly it is being stolen by d c-in-c and his fellow goons and yet you are still here asking me what I've done for d country abi.
Was it not only yesterday dat d self revealing daftluck said Nigeria is second only to d us in fighting corruption, a nation where one of d richest men in d world, Maddoff was sentenced to 150years imprisonment for running a ponzi scheme and another has been given 140 years. How many people have been prosecuted by this useless administration? yet u come on here and spew out of your reservoir of unintelligence asking us of our contributions as citizen.
They did not tell u in pri school dat a leader is supposed to direct, head in d direction he wants d pple to go, that a leader is supposed to assume responsibilities abi.
Our president eats with 3m per day, was involved in a fraud, his wife was involved in a fraud of $15m,his administration paid out over #2 trillion on subsidy etc and to you it's still d critics abi
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by dvcol: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
manny U: 2013 budget is ready and if passed would signify the end of our problems.
We are not fools Mr. President. What hapened to 2012 budget which (by this time) is yet to achieve 20% implementation...

Young men of 20/30 years achievd independence for our great Country.
And Ɣ☺ΰ an old man of 57 years is desperately running it aground.

Ɣ☺ΰ are religiously figting Corruption.
What a̶̲̥̅̊ blatant lie.. With all the Farouks and the rest whose cases have been swept under the rug already, even OBASANJO was a̶̲̥̅̊ better anti-corruption crusader than yourself.

I so can't wait for 2015 (that is if U̶̲̥̅̊ go reach) when Ɣ☺ΰ shall be vigourously deported back τ̅☺ Otuoke.. U̶̲̥̅̊ are definately not the Messiah we seek. Not at this time.
Grow up and reason properly!
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by takedat(m): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
Its a new month and the LAPPY team just received their emolument so they are firing on all cylinders.Crumbies
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
chucky234: Best Independence speech ever? Are you for real,aside the brief acknowledgment of the struggles of our heroes past which bought us Independence from the British in 1960,the rest are nothing but compilation of his past promises and failed transformation agenda.
You dwelled so much on power as a major achievement of this administration but today the power is as worst as ever after spending billions of dollars to achieved as little as 1,200MW on power projects that were implemented by OBJ with 76% completed.
Our dear president also failed to mention our huge domestic debt with N2.8tn borrowed in just 24 months.
Speech is a written shyte that cannot translate to success because a similar speech was made last October but today there is absolutely nothing to justify that,therefore this wonderfully written speech will amount to nothing if our dear president keeps talking without working to justify his lousy speeches.
You are known for wealth of complaints, a trait, you inherited from your parents, who inherited from their own parents too. But what has changed since this generational lineage of complain-ism, I guess nothing. You read speeches, not to be uplifted by the ambiance of hope it creates, but with a view to spotting loopholes and raising far more complaints. You, of late, started praising OBJ, but negate Yaradua, futuristically after 2019, you will start praising GEJ while criticizing whoever will be president then. Life must be very good for you for being a blind critic. Congratulations to you no doubts, that Nigeria has made it as one indivisible country at 52 against your wishes and commands.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by otokx(m): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
A country that is experiencing flooding like never before and this chap is coming to feed us with expired lies... chai.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by weaseloo: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
Chegunn:
I pay my tax, and i criticize our useless government. It is not until i start employing pple or bankrolling campaigns that i become a patriotic citizen. If u are as enlightened as u want to portray yourself on here then you should know that my tax is meant for infrastructural development, security among other things but sadly it is being stolen by d c-in-c and his fellow goons and yet you are still here asking me what I've done for d country abi.
Was it not only yesterday dat d self revealing daftluck said Nigeria is second only to d us in fighting corruption, a nation where one of d richest men in d world, Maddoff was sentenced to 150years imprisonment for running a ponzi scheme and another has been given 140 years. How many people have been prosecuted by this useless administration? yet u come on here and spew out of your reservoir of unintelligence asking us of our contributions as citizen.
They did not tell u in pri school dat a leader is supposed to direct, head in d direction he wants d pple to go, that a leader is supposed to assume responsibilities abi.
Our president eats with 3m per day, was involved in a fraud, his wife was involved in a fraud of $15m,his administration paid out over #2 trillion on subsidy etc and to you it's still d critics abi

Oga, there is no need for personal insult here o. You dont know me neither do I know you. I also have my own issues as a citizen of Nigeria.

Everyone  in this country everyday is a victim of the injustice in this country. But we cannot always dwell on the bad and always be negative. It doesn't in anyway help you or even encourage others who are in a different frame of mind. There is always hope after all don't we usually say: once there's life there is hope. 

So when we see any good being done, why not admit it. We need to learn to encourage each other and not always criticise and fight (which is a norm here on nairaland). 

I will celebrate this birthday in mind that things will indeed be better in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
Only 52 years...that is a drop in the bucket for any country. Progress does not come over night and President Jonathan cannot do it all by himself. Each one must also take personal responsibility. I do believe that the Chinese are the best allies for improving infrastructure, however consulting groups from the US and UK should be used to improve government affairs. That is only my humble opinion.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by micklplus(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
faithbukky: I can't agree less with Micklplus as he enunciates his points above. To buy fuel at the normal price is a problem. Reform by mouth. I have not seen electricity since I wake up. After 3 weeks of interrupted low current in Ilorin. A true Nigerian reformer must use the Rawlings experience. Jonathan wasted the goodwill that brought him to power by refusing to step on toes. Yar Adua voluntarily declared his assets but my uncle Jona does not give a damn. 1 year prayer without action is a waste of time. God has given us the WILL POWER to do the right thing. Poverty is prevalent even among the middle class while the rich are getting richer. Prayer ko, fasting ni.

Don't mind all the liars that are feeding us with bullpoo!
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by dvcol: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
Frank-C:
I just pity the innocent readers here who have no political affiliation or other interests to protect because they will be the ones to be deceived. The wheel of change is moving surely. Opportunities are opening up. People with balls are opening businesses and making great returns. Real Nigerians (not people that complain and insult) are making progress. It started like this when Telcos came in. People were busy insulting government for selling NITEL but smart people were lining up to provide support business for the them. Today, we have mega recharge card business dealers, Telco Subcontractors, cleaners and security companies providing support services. I can assure you that none of them spent a minute to contemplate the negative.

Now a few checklist:

Do you have more hours of power supply in your area now?
How long did it take you to clear your goods from the port in 2010 and how long does it take you now?
What is the verdict of Transparency International on Nigeria anti-corruption war?
What are international business men saying about Nigeria investment climate now?
For farmers, have you observed any improvement in procurement of seedlings, fertilizer and machinery?
For people with skills in oil and gas, do you observe any change in available opportunities and technology transfer as a result of local content?
For journalists, how do you compare your access to government information now compared to October 2012?

I encourage fact checkers to go to town with Mr. President's speech and come back to give us feedback. That is what i will call doing something, you may even make a living as a fact checker and help improve this country.
This is what i call brain!...poeple who complain from time to time seem not 2 make it in life#word
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
dvcol: This is what i call brain!...poeple who complain from time to time seem not 2 make it in life#word
It was written, and it is written.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by berylLOL(f): 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
long and short run..GEJ has not done well. That SURE-P does sound funi btw.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by dvcol: 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
otokx: A country that is experiencing flooding like never before and this chap is coming to feed us with expired lies... chai.
please bro are u sitting on your brain...#justasking
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by alahamad(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
there's nothing more to say cos the 40 laptops have bombarded the thread...

bastards....
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by micklplus(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
I copied this from my friend's Facebook wall

"Proudly Nigerian" yet our favorite teams are English and Spanish, our clothes must be "UK" or "US", our holidays and degrees must have a foriegn spice, wetin pain me pass na garri, Garri self don get foreign and local one. Proudly Nigerian, I hear. abeg"
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI88:
Dude, don't you ever get tired of this whole garri ish?
Get a life man.

How many lives have u gotten?
Cow dung!
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by chucky234(m): 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
Billyonaire: You are known for wealth of complaints, a trait, you inherited from your parents, who inherited from their own parents too. But what has changed since this generational lineage of complain-ism, I guess nothing. You read speeches, not to be uplifted by the ambiance of hope it creates, but with a view to spotting loopholes and raising far more complaints. You, of late, started praising OBJ, but negate Yaradua, futuristically after 2019, you will start praising GEJ while criticizing whoever will be president then. Life must be very good for you for being a blind critic. Congratulations to you no doubts, that Nigeria has made it as one indivisible country at 52 against your wishes and commands.
Hmmm the only Billyonaire of NL,you can't just cease to amaze me.
I was one of OBJ critics but today its a known fact that OBJ fared better than GEJ as he left office no debt,$64bn in foreign reserve,$34bn in excess crude account,poverty level was also low,Naira did well against the dollars,power projects were initiated with 76% implemented,roads contracts were signed one of which is the Ibadan-Lagos expressway.
But today under GEJ Nigeria's domestic debt stands at N6.80tn with N2.21tn borrow in the last 24 months with nothing to show,foreign reserve $3bn and only recent hit $9bn,excess crude account not a single information as its now being operated secretly,poverty level has hit all time high in just 24 months,power is still a fairy tale despite the billions of dollars spent by Barth Nnaji to refurbish and supply gas to the already implemented power projects by OBJ.
Our roads are still far from motorable,GEJ's govt has the highest number of Senior Special Advisers in the world with each taking home billions of naira annually in salaries and allowances.
A govt that is ranked the most expensive in the world,and the most corrupt ever with public funds mismanaged/looted running into trillions.
Why did you referred me to as a blind critic when I have facts to back my complains,your lies have failed.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by winioluwa: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
What a long speech. Good one at that but remember that Nigerians are result oriented. I am not in aposition to criticise you as a leader but kindly make things happen as quick as you can. Economically, we are not balanced and that has affected alot of business owners across the country. In sport, there too many unprofessional attitude character in the sport ministry. when last have we as Nigerians won medal at any football event without the bribery and corruption scandals ocurring. Mr President, i love this country and kindly take time observe some days fast and declare open to Nigerians to join in delivering this spiritual battle that we all need to win before the physical one.

Mr. President i wish well for the next 365days when nigeria will be celebrating another independence.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by chucky234(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
FortuneTeller: Only 52 years...that is a drop in the bucket for any country. Progress does not come over night and President Jonathan cannot do it all by himself. Each one must also take personal responsibility. I do believe that the Chinese are the best allies for improving infrastructure, however consulting groups from the US and UK should be used to improve government affairs. That is only my humble opinion.
52yrs only? I am sure you just came out of coma, I'll advice you to ask questions before commenting.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by taharqa: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
faithbukky: I can't agree less with Micklplus as he enunciates his points above. To buy fuel at the normal price is a problem. Reform by mouth. I have not seen electricity since I wake up. After 3 weeks of interrupted low current in Ilorin. A true Nigerian reformer must use the Rawlings experience. Jonathan wasted the goodwill that brought him to power by refusing to step on toes. Yar Adua voluntarily declared his assets but my uncle Jona does not give a damn. 1 year prayer without action is a waste of time. God has given us the WILL POWER to do the right thing. Poverty is prevalent even among the middle class while the rich are getting richer. Prayer ko, fasting ni.
And afta Yar'adua declared his assets publicly what happend to d 'war' on corruption? Wait wasn't it Yar'adua dat sackd Ribadu( by asking him to go on a fanthom course and demoting him), brought a certain Farida to head d EFCC and practically stopped/slowd down d then on-going prosecutn of his brother govs? Was it not d Yar'adua that declard his assets publicly dat refusd to sign d FOI bill and mk public ALL d revenue flow and expenditures of d budget including such 'state secrets' as what d State House uses to feed itself( all of which GEJ did immediately he became Acting President)? Was it not during d Yar'adua tenure that d 'war' against corruptn almost grounded to a halt so much so that all d international bodies and countries supporting EFCC then withdrew support and TI given us a stern warming? was it not afta sm changes by GEJ that they hv now reengaged wit 9ja?....PS: I bliv that GEJ shld on moral grounds declare his asserts PUBLICLY and also force his officials to do same, just as he has to do much more in combating corruptn( no doubt), however we shld quit chasing shadows in dis country rather concentrating on d Substance . you cannot actuali compare Yar'adua's fight against corruptn wit dat of GEJ- one was chasing shadows, the oda is doing sm fundamental things albeits still having a looooong way to go; actuali one cannot even begin to compare Yar'adua wit GEJ except you are one of those persons that bliv dat Yar'adua ONLY achievement in 3yrs( apart from d controversial Amnesty programme) was d reductn of fuel price from #70 to #65!.. except that( @chasing shadow Or dealing with d Substance)
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
GARRI™:

...cos he is not a dumbass grin

Your just a soup without meat..
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
chucky234: 52yrs only? I am sure you just came out of coma, I'll advice you to ask questions before commenting.
mumu it was a joke angry i shud have put a lol before i went on to offer support. who knew u wud take it seriously!
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by chucky234(m): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
FortuneTeller:
mumu it was a joke angry i shud have put a lol before i went on to offer support. who knew u wud take it seriously!
Well it didn't sound like a joke but outlined how stu:pid you are,ode.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by harizonal123(m): 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
East-west road the only road to Mr President's state is worst than the condition mr President met it with the very slow pace of work since the time he took over. The price of fuel & electricity tariff soaring by the day. The rate of unemployment is increasing amongst Nigeria graduate resulting in mass migration into the western countries in the name of master's degree. For the 1st time in history the price of beans is higher than that of rice & u stand there to tell me mr president is working
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by otokx(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
dvcol: please bro are u sitting on your brain...#justasking

the fact that you can think up such a thing as sitting on a brain reveals your intelligence.
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Smoj(m): 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hw does dis long speech change d price of garri in d market?
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by samregi: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
i still don't agree with most of his declarations..

For the past 2weeks, 85% of filling stations has not been dispensing fuels to the public through sales, yet oil tankers have been loading adequately... ROBUST PETROLEUM INDUSTRY BILL my foot....

unemployment rate is still on an alarming stand... many graduates still roam about with despair..

education and health sector still on jeopardy..

state of SECURITY..... write off.... all man on his own...

so what on hell is he celebrating and declaring....
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by Chuksgeo: 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, did anyone hear Mr. President say anything on Education or about Education sector?
Re: Jonathan's 52nd Independence Day Speech by gezzyvinci(m): 7:27am On Oct 02, 2012
micklplus: I laugh oo.

Creating jobs for millions of who? Aliens? Which job?

Power tarrif? Reduced? I now pay over 400% yet, no light ooo.

Health sector? Yet, he ferried his wife abroad for treatment ooo.

FDI ke? Presi, cool down nah!!! How is naija hub of investment and has 20% of investment into the continent when companies are relocating abroad?

Electoral reform? Ok o, why did u remove the only person that could challenge PDP? Salami?

What is our stand in the comity of nation? Vacant seats when our presido was giving his speech at the UN?

Maybe police have been strenghtened and empowered, I am yet to fully feel our askaris ooo.

Corruption? Hmmmmm, oga presido? Fuel subsidy? Pension scam? Malibu? Na wah

We are not even a sleeping giant again, we be proper giant in a coma!
I'll come back for more.

baba...U don talk evry...dt syd wey e talk abt naija, TI n corruption...biggest lie of d century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facts And Documents Why Atiku Abubakar Can't Travel To America... Pictures / Deal Ruthlessly With Bandits, Kidnappers, Others - Buhari Orders Security / Suhaila Zakzaky: El-zakzaky Could Die Of Lead Poisoning - Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.