Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Can You Take An HIV Test? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can You Take An HIV Test? (1415 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / World AIDS Day: Still A Long Way To Achieving An Hiv-Free Generation / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Take An HIV Test? by icebitch(f): 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2006
the question is can you take an hiv test if it was not made mandatory?
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by gentleaura(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2006
LOL, that question seems hilarious, I have taken HIV test, voluntarily atleast once a year since 2003!

2wice in 03, one for immigration purpose though. The one I took this year, when someone i 'nearly' had unprotected sex called me to tell me they got tested for someone STD like that, common but not dangerous, I freaked out and I went for a test.
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2006
HIV n i have no links/bexwax
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by snazzydawn(f): 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2006
I have gone for the test like 5 times every school session.When I was in school,it was a prerequisite to registration for the session,and in the school's medical centre.
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by Hotstepper(f): 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2006
I haven't cuz there is no need 2 but kinda worried cuz one stupid boy dat sleeps around kissed me when I turned 2 say sumthing 2 him, I felt like killing him dat day tongue
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by dominobaby(f): 12:50am On Apr 15, 2006
I can, y not. I havent seen a need to anyway
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by hotangel2(f): 1:11am On Apr 15, 2006
I would take it. I wanted to take it in school like last semester, but the lady was like am i 18, have i had sex, the form was like, list of things i haven't done. So she said they only take the test for people that have done almost everything on the list. I was explaining to her that i do my nails at the beauty shop, and i wanna take it blah blah. SHe looked at me like a devil and said she needs my Dad's consent. I was like, woman in in COllege!

ANyways, i would take the test, but there really isn't a need to. Except of course, u never know who did their nails last or had an hair cut or summ sum.
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by SIBLI06(m): 12:20pm On Apr 21, 2006
I have to take one every year for my health insurance. I must admit the first time I was really worried about getting the results. Not that I have played around but just the fact that a positive result (Back then) was so final.
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by darlingbas(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2006
yes i can, infact i just did today after reading about all the lies and un scientifical facts that surrounds the hiv. wana know more? please read this. (i was hiv-negative ofcourse)

http://www.virusmyth.net/aids/data/drinhibit.htm
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by darlingbas(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2006
you can also read this if you are really curious

http://tmh.floonet.net/articles/damnlies.shtml
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by darlingbas(m): 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2006
My point is i beleive both Hiv and Aids do exist, but It has not yet been proven that hiv is the actual cause of aids, and after reading a lota Duesberg's articles, i've come to realise that you can have Hiv and still live the number of years God wants you to live.Hiv is just like every other retrovirus, and scientifically, retroviruses doesn't kill its host cells,hiv is not as dangeruos as it is currently perceived by a lot of individuals, if you have the time just try and read through the link

http://tmh.floonet.net/articles/damnlies.shtml
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by omogenaija(f): 2:40am On Apr 23, 2006
I don't have a reason to take an HIV test. but i will be tested for ALL STDs before marriage. because u never know. but god forbid something bad.

amen
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by mamaput(f): 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2006
I too have had myself tested
Its something that one just has to do now and then.
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by kimba(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2006
Ive been tested several times, due to academic requirments etc, have no fear when you aint got nothing.
grin grin grin
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by adexway(m): 11:02am On Apr 25, 2006
Hmm grin,
With all my heart, I will like to often, an interval of three months, go for HIV test. The first time I had one was following a severe illness and knowing too well my games though not reckless, I opted for one. Thanks to Jah, I didn't come out positive.
Since then I have advice youths like me to go for test. Knowing your status direct your focus for your life. It doesn't really means a death sentence but a reshapening of life, focus and target. wink
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by face969: 2:37am On Oct 24, 2007
I wldnt because its like playin' russian roulette with your life, the test has a low specificity and high sensitivity anything even a bad day could render it positive.
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by Scopium: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2007
face969:

the test has a low specificity and high sensitivity anything even a bad day could render it positive.
Is there any link to read more about this specificity and high sensitivity of the HIV test?
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by engee2(f): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2007
beta to die and know y, believe me it safer . do and get it over with .
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by ifyalways(f): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2007
i take it voluntarily every three months.it makes one very careful and confident .
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by oyie(f): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2007
the first time i heard of hiv,i told mysef if i have it,its better i never know.

then i meant my boyfriend,he was its always better knowing.so 1 day i just
went and did it.

since i had to do it twice again for offical reason.am still scared (it can come from anywhere but i try to be careful)
but not as before.
if right now am asked to do it i do,i now know its better to discover early and starting doing something about it
Re: Can You Take An HIV Test? by almondjoy(f): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2007
Yes.  I think I like to do that as part of my annual physical exam---screen for major STDs if you are active in that "area".  Complete yearly Bio-physical profile is in order so you can be well-informed about your health status.  Nothing to be scared of. Makes you take better care of yourself and stay away from "trouble".

(1) (Reply)

Itching Of The Nipple / Nafdac,the Bottled Water Companies Or The Public? / Incessant Air Pollution In Owerri Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.