Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,245 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke (671 Views)

Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn / Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters / We’re Under Threat For Endorsing Buhari – Christian Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:23am On Oct 02, 2012
Bakassi: Nigeria’s territorial integrity under threat —Imoke
on OCTOBER 2, 2012 · in NEWS
1:27 am
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru

CALABAR—GOV-ERNOR Liyel Imoke of Cross River State has called on Nigerians to unite so as to protect the labours of the founding fathers of the country, saying that the Bakassi Peninsula challenge posed a great threat to the territorial integrity of the country.

Governor Imoke, in his 52nd Independence Day address, said: “On this day every year, we are compelled by pride in our nation and a true sense of citizenship, to celebrate October 1, as arguably the most important day in our national history.

“We commemorate this unique day in the annals of our history with great respect and reverence for the sacrifice and struggles of our founding fathers, which marked the end of colonialism and the commencement of our enlightenment as a people and a nation.

“We celebrate the day of our independence and self-determination, not just with symbolic pageantry and ceremony, but also with great expectation and an even greater desire to ensure that we all contribute to the development of this blessed nation. It is important that this day serves as a constant reminder of this fact.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/bakassi-nigerias-territorial-integrity-under-threat-imoke/
Re: Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke by ujchief(m): 3:02am On Oct 02, 2012
I thut someone swore an oath to protect the territories of the federal republic of Nigeria, including the lives and properties of its citizens? He even got a Gcon for that! What a waste of honour!
Fresh air o jare!
Re: Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke by Onlytruth(m): 3:35am On Oct 02, 2012
My sister Bliss4lyfe I wonder why you are so obsessed with this Bakassi issue. Please give it a rest because it is bigger than Nigeria.
The day Nigeria stands up to defend things like Bakassi is the day Nigeria will disintegrate, and Nigeria fears disintegration like a plague! The forces that be has spoken on it and no person can ever ascend to the presidency of Nigeria if he questions those forces. Why do you think that no Igbo has ever been allowed to be Nigeria's president for over 43 years? I can bet my last penny that no Nigerian president of Igbo extraction would allow this type of "a Bakassi issue" to go unchallenged.
Nigerians are the most fatouos group of homo sapiens in Africa, nay the world.
So, give it a rest and move on. cool
Re: Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke by christemmbassey(m): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2012
What Imoke meant was 76 oilwells and not Bakassi.. It was a typo/speako.
Re: Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2012
Onlytruth: My sister Bliss4lyfe I wonder why you are so obsessed with this Bakassi issue. Please give it a rest because it is bigger than Nigeria.
The day Nigeria stands up to defend things like Bakassi is the day Nigeria will disintegrate, and Nigeria fears disintegration like a plague! The forces that be has spoken on it and no person can ever ascend to the presidency of Nigeria if he questions those forces. Why do you think that no Igbo has ever been allowed to be Nigeria's president for over 43 years? I can bet my last penny that no Nigerian president of Igbo extraction would allow this type of "a Bakassi issue" to go unchallenged.
Nigerians are the most fatouos group of homo sapiens in Africa, nay the world.
So, give it a rest and move on. cool

Interesting analysis Eze Nairaland Onlytruth. Not Obsessed but trying to generate awareness and publicity for the displaced people of Bakassi. They need every assistance they can get with their story. Beside, they are fellow south-easterner Nigerian. Case will be closed in the next couple of days and then i will say no more on Bakassi.

(1) (Reply)

Governor’s Wife Pays Fines To Free 40 Prisoners In Borno / Stop Visiting War-torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens / Any Part Of The Country Can Break Away From 2014. . . . . . . .shuluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.