Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. (1754 Views)

Buhari Has Not Done Anything Good 2 Fight Corruption- Transparency International / Corruption: Transparency International Says Obasanjo Government Worse Than Gej's / Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by bubadaniel13: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

But the facts before me hinders my brain to tune in to such. its overwhelmingly damning. Things were bad in 2010, became worse in 2011, transparency even complained in May 2012. Common, how do u expect me to be optimistic with corruption index forthcoming. These are the facts before us all. i also want things to be better, don't be deceived.
Oga Demdem pls what's the way forward?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
Camilia247:

I am so optimistic of not just dis fact but abt nig getting beta. The same way TI complained bitterly, the same way d praised d effort made to fight corruption, so letz wait and c wot de have under their sleeves

definately Nigeria will get better but as regards corruption, its getting worse under this govt. That is a fact. Btw 2010 and now, its getting worse. The praise is for the past decade. TI appreciated the efforts put in place by OBJ/Ribadu to fight corruption. The only thing coming from TI for this govt as regards corruption is condemnation.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
bubadaniel13: Oga Demdem pls what's the way forward?

The first thing is for the Retardeen to make up his mind by leading by example. telling me on live TV that he doesnt give a damn does not suggest that he truly wants to fight corruption. work towards eliminating the immunity clause. By the way, someone that consumes approximately a billion naira worth of food in a financial year in the midst of abject poverty and spent millions daily on newspapers etc can never fight corruption truthfully.

When this is done and the retardeen still needs more advise, am at his service. Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by MurphyT1: 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]
when u quote me, plz dnt tamper with my words, i hav respect for pple, and i wudnt just called somebody a retardeen, let alone the president... the kudos was given in sept 14th precisely, after the complained in may.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Camilia247: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

definately Nigeria will get better but as regards corruption, its getting worse under this govt. That is a fact. Btw 2010 and now, its getting worse. The praise is for the past decade. TI appreciated the efforts put in place by OBJ/Ribadu to fight corruption. The only thing coming from TI for this govt as regards corruption is condemnation.

YOU ARE SO WRONG, de commended Nig's effort in sept.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by MurphyT1: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

The first thing is for the Retardeen to make up his mind by leading by example. telling me on live TV that he doesnt give a damn does not suggest that he truly wants to fight corruption. work towards eliminating the immunity clause. By the way, someone that consumes approximately a billion naira worth of food in a financial year in the midst of abject poverty and spent millions daily on newspapers etc can never fight corruption truthfully.

When this is done and the retardeen still needs more advise, am at his service. Nigeria will be great again.

chere were advise grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
Murphy T:
when u quote me, plz dnt tamper with my words,

i didnt tamper with ur words. i only stressed an important point. by the way those words i wrote had a different font colour. i did nothing wrong. its within forum rules

i hav respect for pple, and i wudnt just called somebody a retardeen, let alone the president...

i also respect people but for the Retardeen, i dont. at least for now. u arent the Retardeen but my president. i cant help it if u dont like it. Other leaders are also called names here on NL so the retardeen shouldnt be an exception. by the way, its within forum rules.

the kudos was given in sept 14th precisely, after the complained in may.

The kudos also came with a timeframe. the specifically told us what they are praising
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
Camilia247:

YOU ARE SO WRONG, de commended Nig's effort in sept.

was there a timeframe there or not? (the years they referenced)
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
Murphy T:

chere were advise grin grin grin

abegii, speak English and let me understand grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by MurphyT1: 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

wot were they praising? or were they praising the sucess of para olympians smiley
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
Murphy T:
wot were they praising? or were they praising the sucess of para olympians smiley

Oga, u are just going in circles. have stated what they were praising several times. here is it again:

The survey on global corruption perceptions for 2011 versus 2001 showed that the third best improvement in the world was in Nigeria, with its score improving by 1.5 points. In the scoring, Nigeria follows the United States of America, which scored 2 points, while Bangladesh scored the highest by 2.3 points.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception

Read that as many times as possible hope u saw this:
"perceptions for 2011 versus 2001"
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by FrankC3: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

Let me assume for a moment that you are an anti corruption crusader who does not give a damn (at least all of us have something we don't give a damn about) any political party, please, let us pay a visit to Lagos, the nearest approximation of Nigeria in composition. Did Fashola declare his assets publicly? And while at it, please, tell how much Gov Fashola's feeding budget for 2012 is. You may also find out whose job it is to remove immunity clause. Tell us who represents you at HoR and who your Senator is and how you have made your case to them to push for a bill to remove immunity clause.

Transparency is the first and most important tool in the fight against corruption. If you want to know how to fight corruption with institutions, please tell us what Yar'adua and OBJ feeding budget is like. OBJ's methods failed because the battle was very personalized. Structures need to be being put in place to make corruption unattractive. We have not obviously done enough in the fight against corruption, just like all aspect of our national life but to claim that corruption is higher now is simply not true. Rather, we know more about what formerly happens behind the curtains now and this is what i see as the real anti-corruption war, driven by the common man like Demdem and Frank-c and not from the Presidential Villa only that Demdem chose to battle the guys that put him incharge of this battle.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by 1025: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
this is a useless news. even the corrupt idiots in nigeria know that nobody is fighting them.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
Frank-C:

Let me assume for a moment that you are an anti corruption crusader who does not give a damn (at least all of us have something we don't give a damn about) any political party, please, let us pay a visit to Lagos, the nearest approximation of Nigeria in composition. Did Fashola declare his assets publicly? And while at it, please, tell how much Gov Fashola's feeding budget for 2012 is. You may also find out whose job it is to remove immunity clause. Tell us who represents you at HoR and who your Senator is and how you have made your case to them to push for a bill to remove immunity clause.

[b]U chose to pick whatever of my words and dwell on such. Anyway, its allowed. I said, the retardeen should lead by example. Because its not required constitutionally doesnt mean it isnt needful in a wretched society like ours. He reluctantly declared years ago because his boss made him do so and the perception within the populace then was a good and encouraging development. what has happened between then and now. let the head lead by example and its a matter of time, it will tickle down. Dont ask me about Fashola because i know whatever he may be doing or allocating, it will definately be less than the FG. If GEJ decides to eat approx a 20Million naira of food ion a financial year, i will like to see the governor that will eat more than that that the populace wont attack. I attack the head because that is where the Bulk of the rot comes from.

Again, i said the retardeen should work on removing the clause. The same way he tried unsuccessfully for his tenure elongation being his first bill to NASS after elections, let him also do the same. Even if he did not succeed in this good cause, it will be on record that he tried. The question is what has he done so far about it? what lobbying has he done in making sure this good initiative is implemented.

Besides his party men are the bulk of the peeps in NASS. he is the leader of the party? what has he done to actualise this has a party policy. asking me who my rep or senator is hogwash because if i give u a name, how can u confirmed such?
[/b]

Transparency is the first and most important tool in the fight against corruption. If you want to know how to fight corruption with institutions, please tell us what Yar'adua and OBJ feeding budget is like. OBJ's methods failed because the battle was very personalized.

We know now because the PIB bill initiated by Abike Dabiri from the opposition is in play. The bill suffered for years and thank God Abike was tenacious about it. Kudos to the retardeen for making sure he passed it into law but it was not initiated either by him or even the killer party. Obj methods didnt fail because we have culprits in jail to show for it. Fine they may be his enemies but the question is are those ones crucified guilty or not? when OBJ left, it was the turn of OBJ's friends who were once untouchables like Fani-kayode etc. its wrong for u to say that it failed even when TI itself acknowledged that things did improve then.

Structures need to be being put in place to make corruption unattractive. We have not obviously done enough in the fight against corruption, just like all aspect of our national life but to claim that corruption is higher now is simply not true. Rather, we know more about what formerly happens behind the curtains now and this is what i see as the real anti-corruption war, driven by the common man like Demdem and Frank-c and not from the Presidential Villa only that Demdem chose to battle the guys that put him incharge of this battle.

Well, there is no fixed way in fighting it and different peeps with different opinions. Some will tell u structures, some will tell u transparency, some will say killer squad etc however i strongly believe in leading by example. Let Aso-Rock lead by example in deed, in action and projects under utmost disclipline and its a matter i believe the populace will catch the cold.
Even when corruption was minimal in Nigeria during Buhari/idiagbon time, it fever started from the top and not below
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by bubadaniel13: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
1025: this is a useless news. even the corrupt idiots in nigeria know that nobody is fighting them.
Except you abi....when last did you pay your tax?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by bubadaniel13: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
Frank-C:

Transparency is the first and most important tool in the fight against corruption. If you want to know how to fight corruption with institutions, please tell us what Yar'adua and OBJ feeding budget is like. OBJ's methods failed because the battle was very personalized. Structures need to be being put in place to make corruption unattractive. We have not obviously done enough in the fight against corruption, just like all aspect of our national life but to claim that corruption is higher now is simply not true. Rather, we know more about what formerly happens behind the curtains now and this is what i see as the real anti-corruption war, driven by the common man like Demdem and Frank-c and not from the Presidential Villa only that Demdem chose to battle the guys that put him incharge of this battle.
hmmmmm,all these noise makers on NL parading themselves as anti corruption crusaders are just not fair in their analysis,how do you expect corruption to be wiped out in one year,something that has become systemic,GEJ is not a magician,he also inherited a battered system,u dont just wake up and expect everything to change,governance is a continuous process,we as individuals must also join the fight in our little way,abusing office holders will not and cannot bring any solution.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
^^^

No one is asking that it should be wiped out in one year. what we all are requesting is gradual reduction. It cant even be eradicated. However what we have seen so far in this administartion (from 2010 till date) as attested to by Transparency International itself is the opposite. Transparency international said things are getting worse. That expalains why peeps like me believe the Retardeen isnt doing enough if at all he is doing anything except to talk and boast about it. No action. If it improved during OBJ's time why shouldnt it improve now?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by bubadaniel13: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem: ^^^

No one is asking that it should be wiped out in one year. what we all are requesting is gradual reduction. It cant even be eradicated. However what we have seen so far in this administartion (from 2010 till date) as attested to by Transparency International itself is the opposite. Transparency international said things are getting worse. That expalains why peeps like me believe the Retardeen isnt doing enough if at all he is doing anything except to talk and boast about it. No action. If it improved during OBJ's time why shouldnt it improve now?
how transparent is TI?should we continue to allow outsiders to rate us as they wish,I don't subscribe to imperialists judgements.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
bubadaniel13: how transparent is TI?should we continue to allow outsiders to rate us as they wish,I don't subscribe to imperialists judgements.

Excellent. then why are they the basis of Retardeen's boast. Jonathan qouted them to rate his admin high in relation to US. Probably our President doesnt know what he is talking about also
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
very sad to see this. the hand of nigeria forced jonathan to admit to a lie even when he was not at fault. embarassed
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by bubadaniel13: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

Excellent. then why are they the basis of Retardeen's boast. Jonathan qouted them to rate his admin high in relation to US. Probably our President doesnt know what he is talking about also
they bring all sorts of false statistics to make people feel bad abt the govt,we have a choice to subscribe to their lies...GEJ is not a liar, I don't we will ever get a gentle President like him,I wish we can all support him he will certainly deliver...
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
bubadaniel13: they bring all sorts of false statistics to make people feel bad abt the govt,we have a choice to subscribe to their lies...GEJ is not a liar, I don't we will ever get a gentle President like him,I wish we can all support him he will certainly deliver...

Well Gej himself thought otherwise because he trust them, no wonder he qouted them and brag about their report.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Rejects Jonathan's Amnesty Idea / Boko Haram Amnesty Committee. The Woman In Black Is Who? Guess / Breaking:Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Group May Endorse Buhari- APGA Chairman, Cambell Umeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.