Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students (22267 Views)

Mass Exodus From Apc To Pdp In Niger & Kebbi States / Mass Exodus Hits Hausa (northern) Community In Bayelsa State / World Ignores Christian Exodus From Islamic World(islamic Populated Countries) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by sage2(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
The killing of students of Federal Polytechnic Mubi at Yelwan Tsamiya (an off campus accommodation area) in Wuro Patuji area of Mubi North Local Government of Adamawa state, has caused an exodus from the town by both students and staff of the institution.

A lecturer from the school on condition of anonymity told Daily Trust on phone that he learnt that about 40 bodies had been deposited at Mubi General Hospital Mortuary.

Some of the fleeing lecturers of the polytechnic, who are not authorised to speak for the school, told Daily Trust that they saw, at least, 10 truckloads of soldiers and mobile police men moving in to the troubled North-Eastern town.

After the killings, which were said to have been carried out around 10pm by gunmen that stormed the students’ village in Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), angry students stormed the school carrying leaves and branches in protest, stopping the second semester exams that was schedule to take place today.

Some of the students were said to have converged at the resident of the rector of the school with their luggage as early as 7am.

As a result of the mass movement of people from the town, the vehicles in the town’s motor park have been exhausted, with those not lucky to board the polytechnic’s buses ferrying people to Mararaba area, trekking the 15-20 kilometres distance to get vehicles that will move them out of the town.

The BBC had earlier reported that, “at least 20 students have been shot dead by unknown gunmen in Mubi, north-eastern Nigeria,” a police source has told the BBC.

“The attack happened at a student hostel away from the Federal Polytechnic Mubi campus,” the source said.

A lecturer told the BBC that more than 40 students had been killed but there has been no official comment.

The reported killing comes days after a major operation against the Boko Haram militant group in the town.

The lecturer, who did not want his name to be used, told the BBC's Hausa service that the students were asked to say their names after lining up.

He says it is not clear why some were killed and others spared - some of those killed were Muslims.

“Everybody is scared and staying indoors now,” he said.

He added that students were now leaving the town, many with tree branches over their cars- a traditional sign of neutrality in Nigeria.

Mubi is in Adamawa state, which has a mixed Muslim and Christian population and borders Borno state, where Boko Haram came to prominence in 2009, staging an uprising in the state capital, Maiduguri.

Boko Haram has not yet commented on the Mubi attacks.

It is fighting to establish Islamic law in Nigeria and has killed more than 1,000 people in numerous attacks across northern and central areas this year.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/177996-mass-exodus-from-mubi-after-gunmen-kill-scores-of-students

1 Like

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
Now we wait for the adherents of this Satanic club to start shouting we are a religion of peace.

How sad and anti-God this wicked club is.

I have never known a warmongering set of people who while killing thousands of innocents , shout peace peace in the process.

Talk about delusion grandeur.

34 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by LeJeun3: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
Independence News! I really don't understand this Nation again. God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Bawss1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
Terrible news as usual from Nigeria. This is becoming all too frequent.
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by akraym(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why always (only) US

1 Like

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
real cowards,killing the unarmed.

6 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by juman(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why and why we have this kind of country.
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by abuaoyen(f): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
undecided GOD help us! may thier souls rest in peace!
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by SeyiGold(m): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ahhhhhh.. ikunle abiamo o.

1 Like

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by CrazyMan(m): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel: Now we wait for the adherents of this Satanic club to start shouting we are a religion of peace.

I have never known a warmongering set of people who while killing thousands of innocents , shout peace peace in the process.

I understand your anger Frosbel.

God just has to intervene in the Nigerian situation, because Its very obvious that the authorities can no longer handle members of the so called club.

Therefore, I would enjoin you to keep praying for our beloved country.

1 Like

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel: Now we wait for the adherents of this Satanic club to start shouting we are a religion of peace.

i think it's unfair to judge the whole muslims because of the waywardness of a few dissidents.

8 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by wirewire(m): 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2012
Am disappointed by their actions,y attacking students again una don tire for kirk and now want to chng.May d soul of d deceased rest in peace
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2012
I believe President Jonathan once said,if Nigeria wishes to divide,they would be a mass emigration of southerners from the north down to south.

Now what does he have to say to this? undecided
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by otokx(m): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
Its 5 o'clock in the morning, conversation got boring...
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by blueheart(m): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
What kind of govt is this, dat stays silent n ineffective in d face of terrible crimes like this? Smh

3 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by jereal(m): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
its better the students move out of that town...cos that place is about to turn into a battle ground...there's gonna be a major crackdown on terrorists' hideout...
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Ganys: 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2012

Are You High on Alomo mixed with Ogogoro Cant you open your eye to read the article very well. Why should u allow sentiment & bigotry to becloud your reasoning...??
according to the article, Muslim students were killed. What evident do u have that the crime was commited by Muslim in the name of Islam....
Get this into your useless skull now!!
ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE, NO CONTROVERSY...If you no gree, go hug transformer

10 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2012
Rolling.:

i think it's unfair to judge the whole muslims because of the waywardness of a few dissidents.

Indeed , no one said all Muslims are terrorists , however we are talking about a recurring pattern of events.

Not all Muslims are part of this Club or abide or even adhere to it's tenets.

I am referring to those who support this madness and scream peace in the process.

Thanks,

4 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ganys:
Are You High on Alomo mixed with Ogogoro Cant you open your eye to read the article very well. Why should u allow sentiment & bigotry to becloud your reasoning...??
according to the article, Muslim students were killed. What evident do u have that the crime was commited by Muslim in the name of Islam....
ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE, NO CONTROVERSY...If you no gree, go hug transformer

Well the fact that Muslims students were killed is no surprise since we all know from current and historical affairs that the main victims of terrorism are Muslims themselves.

Should we now rejoice because they killed their own people, or do you think we are like you.

I don't care if the dead are Christian or Muslim, they are all human beings.

25 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Mekky2010: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
Have u ever asked yourself "blasphemous" question like, where was God when blood suckers maim innocent souls in His name?
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Les: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Islam, islam, islam, wethn harmless students do una na? Nawa o!

3 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
CrazyMan:
I understand your anger Frosbel.

God just has to intervene in the Nigerian situation, because Its very obvious that the authorities can no longer handle members of the so called club.

Therefore, I would enjoin you to keep praying for our beloved country.

Indeed I will my brother, we are living in very scary times, the end is indeed near.
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by ABAKA72(m): 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Divid this contraption called "NIGERIA" now.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by dumodust(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
what are students doing in the north? and mubi of all places? anybody who justifies killing innocent students, the future of this nation is just a blood thirsty serial killer...bleep boko haram if it's them but i'm also hearing that they called the students out by name fueling speculations of a cult war/school politics.

check link below

http://news.yahoo.com/27-students-killed-northeast-nigeria-164546190.html
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
This is xoxo unfortunate..
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Blackteeth(m): 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
I dont think its a good idea to blame this on boko haram straightaway cos the truth will remain covered if actually something else caused this. And it may happed again.
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by olumaxi(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
undecidedBut my questn is..y r al terorist a muslim?..d talibans,alqueda,bokoharam etc

6 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by Les: 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ganys:
Blackteeth: I dont think its a good idea to blame this on boko haram straightaway cos the truth will remain covered if actually something else caused this. And it may happed again.
Ganys:
who else ask for your name or religion b4 they strike you dead?

6 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by pneumaticos(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
meeen this is one single attempt that coth so many young pple.....i aready knew they would face the schools cos it so easy to kill enuf there.....pls hear me now..if you have any body schooling in the north..tell them to make a change now...thats der new focus ..they v not been doing this cos of the mixup ,but now they v found a way...to realy defrentiate the muslims from the christian...take heed
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by pneumaticos(m): 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
this got me speechles meen...40 souls gone in 20munites...realy realy sad
Re: Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
It's the southern elite (traditional rulers, politicians, clergy, etc) that i blame. If not, tell me how these lilly-livered individuals that pass for leaders of their respective zones/ethnicities can sit by and only mouth protestations and take umbrage over these wanton and senseless killings of their children in the north, just so 'one indivisible united naijeriah' can continue?

These goons (the south, plus christian Plateau and Benue) need to call a meeting immediately in which they give the core/moslem north an ultimatum to fish out the murderers in their midst and put an end to these senseless killings being carried out b'cos they're angry a southerner is President (or b'cos they want to ethnically cleanse the north of christians/southerners- with an eye on 2015); i know this is one of the things the 'political' boko haram is hoping for, so they can cause kata-kata for the President, and then hopefully -with the threat of disintergration- the army would take over. But we need to make a stand once and for all, and make it clear that this nonsense cannot continue....these animals don't know the value of life since they attach little value to theirs in the first place.

We are just not like-minded, and the sooner we realise this and part ways with these dirty vermin, the better for everyone.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court-backed Young Democratic Party(YDP) fixes Its Primaries For Mar 26th & 27th / Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC / Soldier In Sambisa Forest Drops A Rap Freestyle (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.