Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 (2851 Views)

Olympiakos Vs Arsenal :UCL (0 - 3) On 9th December 2015 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (2 - 1) On 28th September 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by socceryarn: 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants his side to make amends for Saturday's defeat to Chelsea when the Gunners take on Olympiacos in the Champions League tomorrow.

The north Londoners saw a successful start to the season abruptly halted at the weekend as they fell to a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal sit seven points shy of the Barclays Premier League leaders as a result, but attention now turns to their Champions League campaign.

Wenger's side takes on the Greek champions tomorrow and the Frenchman wants to see an improved performance in the Group B encounter.

``The players are focused and disappointed that we lost the game,'' the Arsenal manager said.

``They are still down of course, but we have a Champions League game in front of us at home and we want to put things right.

``It is about how we respond. I am impressed by the mentality of my team, but the mentality is as well about how you respond to disappointment.

``I am confident we will, but that is what we want to show tomorrow.''

Arsenal will be hoping to make it two wins from two Group B games tomorrow, having returned from Montpellier with three points on matchday one.

Olympiacos lost their opener at home to Schalke and Wenger knows tomorrow's clash at the Emirates provides a chance to take a stranglehold on the group.

``Olympiacos are already in a position where their backs are to the wall because they have lost at home and in this Champions League when you lose at home it is very difficult,'' the Frenchman said.

``They are highly motivated to know they have to give everything to make it through. They are experienced and basically it is the same team (as it was) at the back of last season.

``I think they had a difficult start against Marseille and after became stronger and stronger through the competition last year.

``It looks similar this year, they had a difficult start at home against Schalke and if you analyse their team it is 90% the same as last season.''

Wenger, who is still serving a three-game touchline ban, will have to do without several key players tomorrow night.

Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is still three weeks from a return from an ankle injury, while midfielder Tomas Rosicky and right-back Bacary Sagna remain sidelined.

Playmaker Mikel Arteta faces a fitness test on an ankle injury, while midfielder Abou Diaby is out with a thigh strain that forced him off against Chelsea.

Olympiacos will have to do without talisman Rafik Djebbour for tomorrow's trip.

The Algeria international was rested for Saturday's 1-0 league win at Atromitos but has failed to recover from a thigh injury in time for the match.

Djebbour is joined on the sidelines by Ljubomir Fejsa, Vassilis Torossidis and Tassos Papazoglou, while Francois Modesto faces a late fitness test.

``Our aim is to perform well,'' Olympiacos coach Leonardo Jardim said.

``We are not the favourites in this match, yet in football you never know what can happen.''

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/355659/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by tayoccu(m): 9:29am On Oct 03, 2012
3 points in the bag.
My prediction 2-0 to arsenal!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by qplus(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2012
ARSENA! arsenal!! ARSENAl!!! how many times i call una?

Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Adufaye(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2012
gooners all d way
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by peckers: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2012
i don't think arsenal should blame his boys they really tried against chelsea, did you know what it takes to win the champion league? i think if you do you will know that your boys tried
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Adufaye(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2012
peckers: i don't think arsenal should blame his boys they really tried against chelsea, did you know what it takes to win the champion league? i think if you do you will know that your boys tried
lol grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Venchy: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2012
Gunners 4 Life.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by cbjonstage(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2012
it is not over gooners, until it is OVER beginning from knock-out stages...thats where we know the best in UCL !
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Adufaye(m): 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
cbjonstage: it is not over gooners, until it is OVER beginning from knock-out stages...thats where we know the best in UCL !
yea
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by ichieakpo(m): 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
arsenal will beat this pirus 4 - 1 wit metsacker @ d heart of defence and gervinho scoring
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by emmke(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
In this not-so tough game Wenger should have started Giroud...
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by dotcomnamename: 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
Where is Mukina sef
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Brezzybone(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
The match never start? Abeg make una help us when no get television, the black and white our papa use remain phcn high current don burn am make una help us abeg
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
Brezzybone: The match never start? Abeg make una help us when no get television, the black and white our papa use remain phcn high current don burn am make una help us abeg

grin grin grin grin grin.....Make all of Una help this lad abeg
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Brezzybone(m): 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin.....Make all of Una help this lad abeg
Bros i need am like mad. Na two black and white we get bt the other one na negative e dey show
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by dotcomnamename: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
Brezzybone: Bros i need am like mad. Na two black and white we get bt the other one na negative e dey show

But where is Mukina, and why the Live scores not on the front page as usual? Whats going on O!??
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by dino2006(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Why is the thread static? No score line, no commentaries. Mukina, fredooo, havilah et al maka y nw
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
Na wa o, empty house
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by wyvilleinc: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Arsenal 2 - 1 up Gervinho and Poldi. Up Gunners
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ramsey scores! Who's gonna die tomorrow?
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by wyvilleinc: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
Goaaaaal Ramsey makes it 3. 3-1 Full time

1 Like

Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
naijababe: Ramsey scores! Who's gonna die tomorrow?
. . . . . Now That Ramsey has scored again. Who's Gonna die? Hop you all remember all his goals antecedent? Hmmmmmm, it should be a bad man o!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012 by tayoccu(m): 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
naijababe: Ramsey scores! Who's gonna die tomorrow?

Hmmm this one wey dame sick...

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Not Showing Uefa Champion League / 10 Most Overpaid Players In The English Premier League / Inter Milan Sack Claudio Ranieri And Appoint Andrea Stramaccioni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.