Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! (2638 Views)

Secrets Of the gods / What You Must Know As A Writer Or As A Student Of Literature / The Secrets Behinde Toefl Exman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by ghettodreamz(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2012
I just stumbled across this on a Website, and thought I'd share it with everyone, I hope you find it worthwhile for your time, read on...

What Warren Buffet says about basic investing, spending, savings are so true. Most of us know it, however too many of us do not live it.

If it does make a change in your life, thank HIM (I mean God) because this is common sense. WB said it once, I am just reproducing it.

1. On Earning:

Do not depend on a single income. Invest and create a second/ third source of income:
This means when you are young your first task should be saving and investing. By creating a second source of income you are quickly reducing your dependence on your job. This could help you to set out on your own one day. The quicker you can do it, the better.

2. On Spending:

If you buy things that you do not need, you may soon have to sell things you need:

It kind of summarizes Gen X’s reaction towards ‘luxuries’. As a part of Gen X we were perhaps criticised for some of our expenses, so it could be a generational thing even for WB. However, having goals and knowing where you are going, and not spending just to ‘show off’ are important lessons for all generations.

3. On Savings:

Do not spend what is left after spending, instead spend after you save/invest:
Also called ‘Pay Yourself First’. If you realise that investing in a pension plan or for your kid’s education is just helping you to save more later on. It is not a sacrifice, it is just postponing consumption. So understand, invest and then spend.

4. On taking Risk:

Never test the depth of the river with both your feet:

If you are doing something, do small. If you are a first gen investor, do not be carried away by equity lovers like me and put all your money in equity. Do a SIP with a small amount, and test the waters. Do a SIP of Rs. X (which could be 10% of your take home pay) for 5 years and then step up. And for heavens sake understand risk of inflation, and the concept of real returns

5. On Investing:

Do not put all eggs in one basket:
Immaterial of who you are and how much you understand, create a portfolio. A full range lunch plate is always better than just one item. So create a portfolio with bonds, bond funds, PPF, NSC, equity, mutual funds, and on the risk side medical and term insurance.

6. On Expectation:
Honesty is expensive, do not expect it from cheap people:

Not everybody is honest, nor does everybody want to be honest. Honest advisers are difficult to find especially in Health and Wealth, be careful.

1 Like

Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by jhydebaba(m): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2012
True talk. I love the piece.
Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
i love this ghettodreams
Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
~vicky~:
i love this ghettodreams

me too..

vicky, how have you been? missed you!
Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
acidosis™:

me too..

vicky, how have you been? missed you!

am good Acidosis, thanks
Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
~vicky~:

am good Acidosis, thanks

I appreciate your courage on that thread..you're a sweetheart!
Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by ghettodreamz(m): 5:12am On Oct 04, 2012
acidosis™:

I appreciate your courage on that thread..you're a sweetheart!

Man, I go sue you ooooo, no turn this thread to romance thread na grin grin grin
Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2012
ghettodreamz:

Man, I go sue you ooooo, no turn this thread to romance thread na grin grin grin
abeg no vex grin grin I go ask her email address . no vex grin
Re: The Teachings Of Warren Buffet-Secrets You Must Know! by ayandee: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2012
Are you a voracious reader? Would you like to have more books delivered to your doorstep at affordable prices? Booksmart Ventures offers the following books for a token:

WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO BY TIM LAHAYE(N800)
RICH DAD, POOR Dad BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI(N600)
THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON (N600)
CONSPIRACY OF THE RICH BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI (N1200)
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING (N1000)
ACT LIKE A LADY, THINK LIKE A MAN (N1500)
LOVE AND RESPECT BY EMERSON (N1500)
THE MAFIA MANAGER (N700)
THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE BY STORMIE OMARTIAN (N900)
THE POWER OF A PRAYING HUSBAND BY STORMIE OMARTIAN (N900)
THE POWER OF A PRAYING WOMAN BY STORMIE OMARTIAN (N900)
THE POWER OF A PRAYING PARENT BY STORMIE OMARTIAN (N900)
INTENDED FOR PLEASURE (N1500)
ANSWERS FOR YOUR MARRIAGE BY BRUCE AND CAROL (1000)
SPIRIT OF LEADERSHIP BY MYLES MONROE (N1300)
BECOMING A LEADER BY MYLES MONROE (N800)
HIS NEEDS, HER NEEDS BY WILLIAM HARLEY (N1500)
ACT OF MARRIAGE BY TIM AND BEVERLY LAHAYE (N1000)
HOW TO WRITE REPORTS AND PROPOSALS (N700)
EVERYDAY A FRIDAY BY JOEL OSTEEN (N1200)
GIFTED HANDS BY BEN CARSON (N700)
HOW TO BE RICH BY NAPOLEON HILL (N1000)
AS A MAN THINKETH (N1000)
NEVER GIVE UP BY JOYCE MEYER (N1000)
BATTLEFIELD OF THE MIND BY JOYCE MEYER (N800)
LIVING BEYOND YOUR FEELINGS BY JOYCE MEYER (N1000)
POWER OF BEING A WOMAN (N1300)
WHAT A MAN WANTS IN A WOMAN/WHAT A WOMAN WANTS IN A MAN (N1500)
TAKE THE RISK BY BEN CARSON (N700)
NO MORE SHEETS BY JUANITA BYNUM (N1500)
ME AND MY BIG MOUTH BY JOYCE MEYER (N1000)
BETTER EYESIGHT WITHOUT GLASSES (N1000)
THE MAGIC LADDER OF SUCCESS (N1000)
HOW TO MAKE IT BIG AS A CONSULTANT (N2000)
BECOME A BETTER YOU BY JOEL OSTEEN (N1000)
ART OF WAR BY SUN TZU
DESTINED TO REIGN BY JOSEPH PRINCE (N1200)
12 STEPS TO BECOMING A MORE ORGANISED WOMAN (N800)
WHY ASK WHY BY JOHN MASON (N600)
HOW TO WIN FRIENDS BY DALE CARNEGIE (N700)
HE-MOTIONS BY TD JAKES (N1500)
21 MOST POWERFUL MINUTES IN A LEADER’S LIFE BY JOHN MAXWELL (N1200)
THE LADY HER LOVER AND HER LORD BY TD JAKES (N1200)
SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH (N900)
SEVEN THINGS THAT STEAL YOUR JOY BY JOYCE MEYER (N1000)
100 BEST LOVED BIBLE STORIES FOR CHILDREN (N1500)
LOOK GREAT FEEL GREAT BY JOYCE MEYER (N1000)
WHEN FAITH SEEMS WEAK AND VICTORY LOST BY KENNETH HAGIN (N900)
HOW TO CHOOSE THE SEX OF YOUR CHILD (N1500)
I BELIEVE IN VISION (N900)
SOLOMON’S SECRET (N1000)
GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR MONEY (N800)
OUTLIERS BY MALCOLM GLADWELL(N1500)
TIPPING POINT BY MALCOLM GLADWELL (N1200)
THE BIG PICTURE BY BEN CARSON (N1000)

REPOSITION YOURSELF BY TD JAKES (N1000)
DREAM SEED BY MIKE MURDOCH (N900)
7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE (1200)
FOLLOWING GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE (N900)
RULES OF WORK BY RICHARD TEMPLAR (N1000)
HOW YOU CAN BE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD (N900)
48 LAWS OF POWER (1500)
21 LAWS OF LEADERSHIP (1000)
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING (N900)
THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE BY RICK WARREN (N1200)
BUSINESS SCHOOL BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI (N1000)

Cost of delivery within Lagos is N500. We combine orders so you save more on delivery if you order two or more books. 24 hour delivery within Lagos. You do not have to pay ahead of delivery. Only ensure you have the right amount of cash when the delivery agent comes around.CALL 08029440614, 08084244904

Booksmart Ventures (...at your service)

(1) (Reply)

My Careless Mother Final Episodes (e-book/story) / The Flower Girl Episode / My Experience With Yahoo Boys At Emeka Offor Plaza_ Onitsha In Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.