Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) (35661 Views)

52-Year-Old Woman Marries In Salvation Ministry (Photos) / Jos Holds Mass Wedding For 52 Couples! (Photos) / Pictures Of Nigeria@52 Celebration In My Locality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by hardbody: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva:
At least they still have one. many zoos throughout the country have been turned into residential homes. The zoo that used to be in Enugu is a case in point.

Eyaahhh, so that zoo at Enugu is no more? i recall when my dad used to take us there. Been a while though
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by CY09: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
yuzedo:
grin grin grin

Omo, forget story. No better Zoo for Naija at all!

1. Ibadan Zoo dem kill lion because pastor enter him cage to cast demon comot Lion body (Daniel in the Lion's den) undecided
2. Jos Zoo the animals run comot because dem say Joz worse pass Jungle! cry
3. UNN Zoo na d only place i don see animals dey commit suicide because of owu! Imagine where dem dey give Lion okpa/igba (dat food wey be like moi-moi).. Lion dey chop akamu, elephant dey chop beans and ayaraya, snake dey chop cashew... Chai Naija we hail!!! grin grin grin
Guy, if i no die of laughter today, i no go ever die again!
So you mean say dem dey feed lions okpa?ldtmbo! grin
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
yuzedo:
grin grin grin

1. Ibadan Zoo dem kill lion because pastor enter him cage to cast demon comot Lion body (Daniel in the Lion's den) undecided
3. UNN Zoo na d only place i don see animals dey commit suicide because of owu! Imagine where dem dey give Lion okpa/igba (dat food wey be like moi-moi).. Lion dey chop akamu, elephant dey chop beans and ayaraya, snake dey chop cashew... Chai Naija we hail!!! grin grin grin

grin grin grin I don die, choi!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by bigmaut: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
D ph zoo is more of an animal stable, d govt. or who ever is in charge need 2 give us a [b]REAL ZOO [/b]with assorted animals not common donkeys,pepeye,fowls & monitor lizards B4 i4get where d hell is okija juju in dat damn picture.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by gbokukueba(m): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pls dont call this a zoo at all...
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
i dont believe in zoo concept. it is wrong to cage animal. we have good tracts of forestted land. Govt. must sponsor breeding programs for variety of native animals and release them into these habitats. they can then make revenue through jungle safaris which can also generate foreign income by bringin tourists and most important of all, save our environment and native species.

just like what Kenya is doing in Masaai Mara. they are earning millions through that.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
Make we remember say person when dey take care of the animal go eat belly full before him fit look after animal. These zoos where performing very well in the 80s, I could remember port harcourt zoo. But now, I don't think the staff are well paid to take good care of the animal. Imagine someone with poor salary training dog... you and I know the result.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by yindil: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Zoo or meseum?
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Goldieluks: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
A zoo with wooden animals? Classic!!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Iolo(m): 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
ItsModella:
Nah, Port Harcourt zoo is way better than that Ogba zoo. That has to be the worst zoo in the country. Port Harcourt zoo had a few interesting animals but Ogba was a complete write-off. The only animal I saw was a tortoise.

Ogba zoo had two lions, wild dogs, some snakes, chimpanzees and sum oda monkeys the last time i was there in 2010.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Revolva(m): 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
make lion come out and chop all of em ..lol....dem go run for dem life..zoo for an independence celebration...dammm
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by eaglechild: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
@ OP
From the initial pics (no animals) i thought u were just pulling our legs.
The subequent pics however show the disturbing state of these animals.
I suggest u shld upload them to an animal rights site.
They might get them to put these animals out of their misery.
Govt wey never care for human beings finish, go carry animals add for their wahala.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by amiskurie(m): 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
Is this the end of life?..no animals in the wild,no animals in the zoo.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by mike404(m): 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
olaezebala:
I think say na only me no see animals
You no see animal wey dey on top bicycle??
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 04, 2012
Iolo:

Ogba zoo had two lions, wild dogs, some snakes, chimpanzees and sum oda monkeys the last time i was there in 2010.
Oh really? Well, thank goodness they've upgraded.

Goldieluks: A zoo with wooden animals? Classic!!
hehehe, I like to think they were moulded.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by chatterly: 5:34am On Oct 04, 2012
i was 'the UI zoo in Ibadan in 2011,its a far cry from what it was while growing up but its still presentable and all the animals are there including some new ones.The only major miss is the Gorilla (Haruna)that died and they have not been able to replace
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Jehdorb(m): 7:38am On Oct 04, 2012
ItsModella:
Not in Port Harcourt zoo man, that place is almost empty.
Don't say wat u don't knw. Dat's PH zoo, I've been there myself some yrs bak its such a pitiful zoo.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 04, 2012
yuzedo:
grin grin grin

LWKMD @ Elephant dey chop beans... Wetin we no go see for NL
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by sexy74(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2012
Zoo are ment to keep animals, but the Nigerian case is different they keep Human beings.
May God Help us always.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by ayobarmy(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2012
afam4eva:
That's a zoo. I know that because i've been to that particular zoo. It has reall animals. The day i went there i saw a lion, snakes etc But i don't think showing the animals is the basic reason for this thread. It's about Nigeria's independence celebration.
guy pls where is this zoo located in ph? Bcuz i have been to the one @ tourist beach, it was just empty..... Thanks
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Ibime(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2012
Okija_juju: NEXT!!!! The Port-Harcourt city Zoo Museum Now for those of you who grew up in Port-Harcourt like myself, there is a myth surrounding the Lions in this picture.. They were said to have been shocked to death and stored in the museum after the Lions killed their white Zoo keeper...

Thanks for the memories.

This myth was actively promoted by the zoo staff.

I have been going to that zoo since I was 3 years old and those lions have always been there.

We are talking from late 80's till now. I thought they would have suffered wear and tear by now.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by preshuspee: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2012
StarBoard: Okija_juju in his natural habitat.
He was happy that fellow humans came to visit him on October 1.
As the head baboo, he had to take pictures

JESUS WEPT!!! CHEI SEE YABBIN OOO!!! LMFAOOO
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by hubreality(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2012
mazaje: Where the animals na?. . .Abi na the human beings be the animals?. . .
grin grin
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by preshuspee: 11:48am On Oct 04, 2012
Lexusgs430: Animals must hold humans accountable, for calling this thing a zoo!!!

LMFAO!!!! grin NA WA OOOOO
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by preshuspee: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2012
quote author=aryzgreat]Okija, abeg re-caption this to PH museum! cos na relics of python and moulded lion i see for this ur so called zoo. mtcheeww if na owerri u get this pix, u for don dey shout Rochas Rochas tru out the whole thread! u know see snail or scorpion snap? na wa o![/quote]

grin grin MAKE UNA NO KILL ME OOOOO
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by preshuspee: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2012
grin
Demdem: ^^^^^^^

No be u talk say u go zoo grin grin grin

EWOOOOOOOO!!! WHY WE NO GO ABUSE AM! Who dey go zoo no show animals na@! even dead mosquito he suppose show. grin grin
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by oderemo(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
i tot the whole country was the zoo.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
Make una cool down look through all the thread na.. I post pictures of Animals later.. I been get work to do na ehn make I abandon the thread small before posting the animal pictures.. Make una no vex!!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Ibaku(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
That's a poultry !!!!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
Jehdorb:
Don't say wat u don't knw. Dat's PH zoo, I've been there myself some yrs bak its such a pitiful zoo.
So what is the difference between what you just said and I said? Or you just wanted to comment?
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by abifoluwa: 1:27am On Nov 15, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by jpphilips(m): 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

PORT-HARCOURT TOWN Borokiri Area.. Close to Nigerian Navy Secondary School AKASO!

i didnt see those community boys, where were they when you took the shot?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Who Died The Same Day In Accident Buried Same Day Amidst Tears (Pics) / Obituary Of A Nigerian Couple Who Died On The Same Day / Fat Lady Barred From Wedding Train By Her Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.