Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe (21172 Views)

N45.9bn Fraud: EFCC To Try Tompolo Separately / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Josh316:

Yes! In a CHEQUE! or do you think he will drag a ghana must go bag to the priest? kai! undecided
Cheque?..In whose name will the cheque be issue and from which account?..Mine?..na wa o.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Ndu2000: 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
It's unfortunate EFCC is acting like a lame dog. They are probably looking for cheap publicity. We are watching how many high profile cases they have won. The crash of the stock market is still fresh in our mind. EFCC has not convicted anyone yet. The governors and ministers under obasanjo are still roaming freely after all the so called crime. Yet the EFCC wants to tell us the missing public funds are in the church with priests. What of the Pension fund scandal. Shame he

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by REVOLUTNIS: 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
GOD WILL BLESS ME SOMEDAY TO PAY HIM A TITHE OF 100 BILLION POUNDS.
IT IS NOT TOO MUCH TO GIVE TO MY GOD.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by nedu2000(m): 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ms_Oluchi: Have you heard of something called "cheque". That's another means of payment instead of tithe. Besides, super rich men can afford a tithe of 45 million naira because that's only 10% of their income.
the report said they were made in cash
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Horus(m): 12:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Church leaders accept tithes in the name of God. They'll say “God needs your help building the church”, What does god need with a multi-Billion Naira church?.Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath they will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by paris10: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Don't be stupiid in church you don't write your name on tithes. Tithes usually come with envelop and go into tithe box. Rev's don't know who and who pay their tithes, when it's time for tithes members who want to pay their tithe will move to the alter and pay tithes they don't hand it over to the priest hand to hand.

While most tithers aren't allowed to disclose their names when paying it, there are exceptions. £35 million tithe or even £10 million always arouse the suspicion of a Priest. Don't be fooled, Priests/Pastors knows the name of members who are capable of paying such huge amount. These members usually have special meetings with the Priest/Pastors behind closed doors.

Churches now know who pay what tithe. They now have a tithe number for their members. The numbers represent the names of these members. Priests have in time past summon members for non payment of tithe. How do they know this? They know you! They observe your givings and monitoring every huge donations you make.

Churches are now like Big Brothers!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Ayatullah(m): 12:33am On Oct 05, 2012
It is now clear why armed robbers are targeting these so-called reverend fathers. Thank God for Islam I would have been tempted to loot the church, what a pity, the church has now become the custodian of stolen money.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by ifeci: 1:14am On Oct 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Don't be stupiid in church you don't write your name on tithes. Tithes usually come with envelop and go into tithe box. Rev's don't know who and who pay their tithes, when it's time for tithes members who want to pay their tithe will move to the alter and pay tithes they don't hand it over to the priest hand to hand.

stupiid statement! so Atuche put the said 45 million in an envelop and put it in a tithe box(maybe the size of a house). and mayb he paid it in 5000 naira notes.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Ranoscky(m): 2:48am On Oct 05, 2012
1025:

you are mentally retarded and ur efcc do not have anything to offer.
nobody asks anybody to go and still to pay tithe but if anyone goes to arrest a rev father over such, the fire of God will burn that one to ashes.
God bless you, my broda! Well said!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by odehaj: 3:49am On Oct 05, 2012
Nobody in this world can subdue and bring the body of Christ to ridicule. people,group,govt in d past have tried but have failed. In my church, muslim's mallams,alhajis come to pay tithe. So God can get money from any place. Jesus said to Saul "it is hard for you to kick against the pricks"If you doubt it ask the satan. So keep wishing,keep mocking the church of Jesus Church. Muslims/unbelievers the church would fall on you and will grind you to powder.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 05, 2012
you seem to be on drugz u drop 45mila in an envelope? shocked
9ja_I_hail:

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by nwosas(m): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2012
He was a Bank CEO, does it mean dat a man in such position cant give such an amount dat will warrant d priest to start investigating? Mind u these two churches r in his home town.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 6:44am On Oct 05, 2012
ojeffo:
¶ jst feel like spitting on all these idiioots that are posting trash here in d name of trying to defend their socalled Rev Fr(s).Receiving stolen money in d name of tithe is even d least of crimes and taboos committed by these clowns called catholic Priests.It is now a common knowledge that they engage in homosexuality to d point of abusing little boys of 10 yrs old.In Nigeria,some of them sleep with the girls of their parish(¶ hv evidence of this) and some even sleep with d wives of their parishioners(¶ also hv evidence of this).So ¶ dnt understand whz some of d f.ools here r crying because EFCC wants to arrest d catholic clergy for baptising and receiving stolen money.And pls ¶ must add this,for all dese ignorant fools pouring jibberish trash about tithing...There is never a way sum1 can pay a tithe to these Priests w/out them knowing who did.They even give them car gifts and other things.PLS DNT LET ME EXPOSE U GUYS ON A PUBLIC FORUM..
Your parents must have been crying for a long time, energy, and memory wasted because am sure they would have fogotten the thrilling thrusts and high hight of 0rgasm that brought about you.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by bknight: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2012
If a man steals money and goes to d car dealer to buy a car or buys a house from d owner. Does the car dealer get arrested for selling d car to him and does the property owner go to jail too?

With dat noted, I think d best way to fight this corruption thing should be a bottom-up approach. Fathers,mothers,siblings,friends,teachers,clergy etc are the most effective weapon against this multi- facet monster called corruption. Not presidents, efcc etc

Clergy men now only preach against fornication, adultery but forget to openly preach against indecent dressings.

Clergy men of God only preach abt owning many houses and cars as success but forget to fervently oppose and criticize civil servant,politicians and businessmen who loot,steal,defraud

The family only respect d younger brother who did yahoo-yahoo and disregard the elder doctor with integrity. Nigerian society is fast loosing her grip on values.

If churches can not openly preach against indecent dressing then they should not stop me from having sexx angry
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 6:57am On Oct 05, 2012
hisson3: your imams nko? Infact Muslims are more corrupt than their Christian counterparts.
Whose talking about that here?
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by ojeffo: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2012
fortyfeet:
Your parents must have been crying for a long time, energy, and memory wasted because am sure they would have fogotten the thrilling thrusts and high hight of 0rgasm that brought about you.
Now ¶ hv hit u where it dfinitely hurts!..Randy Priest like U!.Go and lick ur rotten wound.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!¶ don laff sotey ¶ paid 10billin naira tithe!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by lastpage: 7:01am On Oct 05, 2012
Look, EFCC needs to get its own share of that Tithe! grin grin grin

Abi na only Catholic Priest sabi better thing?

I will suggest the Priest do a "plea-bargain" and surrender 20% of the Tithe!
shocked shocked

Gawd no go vex after all, people like Tinubu, Ceceilai Ibru and many notable Nigerians have done the same plea-bargain, when caught pants-down!
wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Parsonpikin: 7:01am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=9ja_I_hail]

Don't be stupiid in church you don't write your name on tithes. Tithes usually come with envelop and go into tithe box. Rev's don't know who and who pay their tithes, when it's time for tithes members who want to pay their tithe will move to the alter and pay tithes they don't hand it over to the priest hand to hand. so 45milion is in envelop
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by skidos4u(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2012
maclatunji:

You are implying that N35 million and N10 million were delivered in cash to the two churches and the clergymen were "blissfully" ignorant of the donor?
yes its posible 4 d priest nt 2 knw d donor xcept if it ws handed 2 d priest personaly. in d catholic chrch u nither write ur name nor d amount u r tithing n drop @ d tithing box sometyms whn u drop it no 1 wil b there in chrch 2 evn c u. am tryn 2 b defensive here bt if dt money ws handed 2 d priest personaly, den its condemable.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 7:05am On Oct 05, 2012
akthedream: Can you imagine?Na wah for Christains and Christainity.
Not only that he is not a Catholic, he is not a Christian.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by chigy3: 7:07am On Oct 05, 2012
Lwkmd! u guys are hilarious. There are two sides to this issue.
1) The bank CEO can afford to pay 45MM as tithe, considering his position and its possible the said amount he paid is an accumulation of his tithe over a long period of time. Now this is a simple analysis to guild u.
The lowest the MD of any Nigerian Bank can Earn on a monthly basis is 9MM(+ other allowances) also note that most of them have their own business they control and run.
With this simply math’s n assumed figure, 12month tithe is 10.8MM + his allowances and private business. Also put in consideration the last time he paid his tithe.
2) Irrespective of what kind of church, I think that amount is quit much for the church board not to notice. Like someone pointed out, he couldn’t have give cash; it had to be a Chq, Bank Draft or a Transfer. I think it’s very important church discourage their member paying their tithe from ill gotten wealth.
To summarize it all, the EFCC has no right what to ever to arrest a Priest for the tithe someone paid in his church. The only thing they should do is to tell the church to return the money back while investigation is ongoing. Not arrest a Man God for obeying the commandment of God.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2012
akthedream: Cheque?..In whose name will the cheque be issue and from which account?..Mine?..na wa o.
Cheques are not issue, they are issued.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by lastpage: 7:08am On Oct 05, 2012
paris10:

While most tithers aren't allowed to disclose their names when paying it, there are exceptions. £35 million tithe or even £10 million always arouse the suspicion of a Priest. Don't be fooled, Priests/Pastors knows the name of members who are capable of paying such huge amount. These members usually have special meetings with the Priest/Pastors behind closed doors.

Churches now know who pay what tithe. They now have a tithe number for their members. The numbers represent the names of these members. Priests have in time past summon members for non payment of tithe. How do they know this? They know you! They observe your givings and monitoring every huge donations you make.

Churches are now like Big Brothers!

And God forbid you need a "Reference" from your church in future!
The Church will disown you completely....... after-all, you no dey pay Tithe!

Even for "unemployed youths" in church to avail of church job adverts, your Tithe position will have to be confirmed first!
See how they arm-twist members into this their financial rascality, huh?

My own church Pastor hates me so much, since he made the "mistake" of putting me on pulpit to give a speech and my topic was about "Tithe"! grin grin grin

I no send am sha!

Lastpage!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by bknight: 7:10am On Oct 05, 2012
And let me quickly add, some churches ask members to write their names on d envelop containing their tithes.

In some other churches, the names of d people giving tithes are already typed out on envelopes and placed on a slab in d church arranged alphabetically, so when u come, just pick urs and put ur tithe (cash/cheque), then place it back.

In fact, some other churches have registers for people giving tithes, so each month u pay, it is ticked. So they know when u pay and when u don't pay your tithe.

Christians shld not say things here just to justify any actions.

I still put it to d church and all other religions, that they condone corruption else corruption wld have drastically reduced. Do you know how ppl worship and obey anything their pastors/immams say?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by SlyIg(f): 7:11am On Oct 05, 2012
gidiMonsta:

So a reverend father involved in Money laundering should be left alone, just because you don't want to touch a 'Man of God'? No wonder Africa is so backward.

NB: It's 'steal' retard.
You aint serious at all. What money laundering are you talking about. Someone paid a tithe to church,did the priest ask him to steal any money for him? Or does your church use gun to ask members to pay tithe? And as a matter of fact,catholic church doesnt even preach tithe giving as other new generation churches. Free the man Abeg,let whosoever stole money face his music alone.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by sallybonne(f): 7:37am On Oct 05, 2012
funny enough the catholic church in question have not. Said anything. What if this is a ploy by the MD to distract EFCC thinking or knowing fully well that the church can't be probed.let's see and watch for updates on this so called case.@ poster hope u update this
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2012
ojeffo:
Now ¶ hv hit u where it dfinitely hurts!..Randy Priest like U!.Go and lick ur rotten wound.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!¶ don laff sotey ¶ paid 10billin naira tithe!
Keep dreaming, don"t wake up, time is waiting for you!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fuke(m): 8:11am On Oct 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Are you serious?

#30million in a tithe box?

#30million in an envelope/ How big is that envelope?

How do you carry #30million to the alter without raising curious eyes?

Now, who says you do not pay tithes to Revs in their rooms?

I am a Christian, but I think govt. should have a look at how churches are being run.

The other day, a junior clerk in one of the A list hotel between Anthony and Ikeja
stole money to pay tithe to a church that sounds like where you collect visa.

We didn't hear anymore of it.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2012
fuke:

Are you serious?

#30million in a tithe box?

#30million in an envelope/ How big is that envelope?

How do you carry #30million to the alter without raising curious eyes?

Now, who says you do not pay tithes to Revs in their rooms?

I am a Christian, but I think govt. should have a look at how churches are being run.

The other day, a junior clerk in one of the A list hotel between Anthony and Ikeja
stole money to pay tithe to a church that sounds like where you collect visa.

We didn't hear anymore of it.

You don't say you're a Christian, you should be seen a Christian.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by matrix789: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2012
Again the FG are chasing shadows.They should arrest the man and not the Priests.
When they arrest a priest it sends a wrong signal to the entire world.
they cant really do much on Tithing because it is a divine instruction.there are other issues like stealing money by the Big-wigs in government they should be after
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Vogue50: 9:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Someone stole money from his bank , offered the loot to his church as tithe or donation. Obviously the act is criminal and punishable by law , no doubt about that.
In church, offerings and tithe boxes are been moved around for people to cast their seeds or positioned where people can come and drop whatever they have for GOD without the pastors knowing who gave and how much given.
Please, how does it make a priest an accomplice to the crime?
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by talktrue1(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2012
[size=14pt]EFCC should leave the church out of this. Bill Gate gave Nigeria billions of dollars and the American govt didn't ask him why he gave out such amount.
A tithe of N30m to Bank CEO once in a long time = A monthly tithe of N1000 to an applicant.
If Dangote pays a tithe of N1b to thank God for the progress he has recorded, should the MOG reject it [/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / Osun 2022: Aregbesola Declares War, Criticizes Oyetola, Tinubu, Akande / Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.