Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? (1357 Views)

Do You Have An Addiction? What Are You Addicted To? / I present to you MY HERO! / Strange Aircraft Responsible For Building Collapse-TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
Looking at the trend nowadays, you will discover something weird about today youths-

1. Most are now so idle they prefer to waste 90% of their precious time on social network sites chatting with faceless people and discussing irrelevant things that can never add to their life positively. to the extent that most hardly open their books to read, or if at all they squeeze out time to read, they flip through just to get back to their wasteful internet life that adds no dime or value to their lives.

2. They now hardly do house chores (especially the females) cos they are always in a hurry to go back online to chat and socialize with people they hardly know

3. Most have lost focus they can hardly identify when true love comes their way in real life, hence they throw it away ignorantly cos of faceless friends

4. Most have lost focus they can hardly maintain a stable or healthy relationship in real life because they are always engrossed with social networking online than giving their partners the required attention in real life, hence d reason so many relationships/marriages are breaking more easily than in the past.

5. Most are indirectly/ignorantly cheating on their innocent real life partners in the name of socializing online with faceless people

6. Most have turned internet social networking addicts to the extent that they can hardly have time to develop their God-given talent(s) or gifts.

7. Most have lost focus they spend their study time on the internet trying to socialize or hook-up with faceless people they don't know, which is greatly affecting the overall performance of students in Nigeria of today.

etc etc.

Plz, what could be responsible for majority of youths turning to internet romance addicts could it be any of the reasons below:

- lack of focus in life?

- loneliness?

- boredom?

-greed to acquire what they do not merit?

- peer-pressure ?

- joblessness?

- relationship heart break?

- general life frustration?

- quest to find impossible love?

- increasing rate of infidelity amongst today youths as a result of today sex-appeal marketing going on in every corner of the society?

- poverty and insecurity ?

- attempt to find lost joy lacking in their lives as a result of family misery ?

So I heard, that there are now more than enough dating sites where Nigerian youths spend 24hrs of their time, not even bordered with how these platforms were created, how they can create one.....a friend mailed me a list that goes like this:

2go, badoo, twoo, smiggle, eskimi, mobbosfree, hookup, just to mention but a few...and also learnt the majority of females in these platforms have turned those places to where they run to for financial begs ranging from begging guys for recharge cards to BB subscription, BB, Brazilian hair, etc...while the guys have turned such places to oceans where they go to fish preys...to hunt for vulnerable girls to lure into immoral life of sex, etc.

Please can we reason on this intellectually, why so many youths nowadays waste most of their time on social network sites searching for love and vanity friendship?

BTW, what could be the negative outcome of this latest craze on the youths in mere future
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by 190: 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
this daily news is a problem grin grin grin
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
190: this daily news is a problem grin grin grin
Not again plzz.....air ur mind on this topic intellectually...I know u are...plz dont derail, dont join d bandwagon..... cheesy shocked
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by 190: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
why are you swallowing panadol for others headache

have you developed your own personal life? undecided
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
190: why are you swallowing panadol for others headache

shocked shocked cheesy cry
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by 190: 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
DailyNews: shocked shocked cheesy cry

SMH
Ignorance is bliss

if you are sucessfull
your sucess would bring you out you dont have to come out and make noise
about it, do you think you are better than half/tons of the people here
we are in a very corrupt and dangerous country so everybody sofree keep quite
face him lane, stop bringing yourself out my man else you'll just be a target front for whoever.whatever

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Mynd44: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
190: why are you swallowing panadol for others headache

Good question
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
190:

SMH
Ignorance is bliss

if you are sucessfull
your sucess would bring you out you dont have to come out and make noise
about it, do you think you are better than half/tons of the people here
we are in a very corrupt and dangerous country so everybody sofree keep quite
face him lane, stop bringing yourself out my man else you'll just be a target front for whoever.whatever

Let's stay on the topic chair....this thread isn't about ppls achievements but about Nigerian youths and the latest online dating craze...its really hitting our dear country hard n will soon manifest in d lives of our youths negatively.... grin smiley
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Good question

...em, em...ok, let me try n answer d qstn...am working towards dvlopin masef....so can u address d topic intellectually now pls
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by 190: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
DailyNews:

Let's stay on the topic chair....this thread isn't about ppls achievements but about Nigerian youths and the latest online dating craze...its really hitting our dear country hard n will soon manifest in d lives of our youths negatively.... grin smiley

and what makes you think youths of today are addicted to the romance internet

what exactly did you discover that made you arrive at this analysis of yours

have you been visiting cafes and seeing youths on various romance sections forums

have you done a general mass question to youths to discover to arrive at this answers

or you are targeting specific group of people on nairaland and basin your assumptions from there (which you and i know is true) and as such

the reson for my earlier question - WHAT AND HOW HAVE YOU DEVELOPED YOURSELF BEFORE POINTING YOUR FINGERS at others !!
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Mynd44: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
I go with the post (190's) above mine
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
190:

and what makes you think youths of today are addicted to the romance internet

what exactly did you discover that made you arrive at this analysis of yours

have you been visiting cafes and seeing youths on various romance sections forums

have you done a general mass question to youths to discover to arrive at this answers

or you are targeting specific group of people on nairaland and basin your assumptions from there (which you and i know is true) and as such

the reson for my earlier question - WHAT AND HOW HAVE YOU DEVELOPED YOURSELF BEFORE POINTING YOUR FINGERS at others !!

Trust me, this topic had been on ma mind for some time now before I stumbled upon a pamphlet where it was being discussed at length. y must u guys think I create topics cos of anyone on nairaland plz? lets let this guilty act go plz...cos am over it. won't I open topics of my choice anymore cos some group of ppl are beefing me plz 190, cut this issue plz. see check my profile, I have loads of topics, I create them while I blog or update my personal blogs....it didn't start today or yesterday n it cnt die today cos some ppl feel guilty of whatever I write here.

If anyone is innocent, y would they border or feel guilty of whatever i write here Plz stop this n address d topic at hand or let it slip.... cheesy
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Dreystar(f): 8:59am On Oct 04, 2012
Every human has an enemy within, which strives so hard to bring such human down. Fortunately for some, they've found a means of over-powering the enemy. While unfortunately, most peopole has handed 'total operation' of their lives over to this 'enemy', this enemy in return blindfolds people and lure them into time wasting ventures(majorly through social networks--"online romance addiction"), thereby graudually robbing them of their precious time, forgetting that "compilation of every second/minute/hour makes up every human's lifetime"

Lack of focus, No set goal/aim, peer pressure are one of the major causes of such addictions!
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by ITbomb(m): 9:10am On Oct 04, 2012
The addiction is so bad that some can say ' I luv u ' to a complete stranger he just met for 7 days online.

And for others its so bad that they spend their productive time opening hopeless topic and staying up to check on the replies.

And yet again some can be so addicted that they can no longer differentiate between their online life and real life.

And finally , the addiction could degenerate to the level of memorizing the names of all online characters and inviting faceless forum members to a hotel.
#PATHETIC

3 Likes

Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2012
ITbomb: The addiction is so bad that some can say ' I luv u ' to a complete stranger he just met for 7 days online.

And for others its so bad that they spend their productive time opening hopeless topic and staying up to check on the replies.

And yet again some can be so addicted that they can no longer differentiate between their online life and real life.

And finally , the addiction could degenerate to the level of memorizing the names of all online characters and inviting faceless forum members to a hotel.
#PATHETIC
grin grin grin
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2012
Dreystar: Every human has an enemy within, which strives so hard to bring such human down. Fortunately for some, they've found a means of over-powering the enemy. While unfortunately, most peopole has handed 'total operation' of their lives over to this 'enemy', this enemy in return blindfolds people and lure them into time wasting ventures(majorly through social networks--"online romance addiction"wink, thereby graudually robbing them of their precious time, forgetting that "compilation of every second/minute/hour makes up every human's lifetime"

Lack of focus, No set goal/aim, peer pressure are one of the major causes of such addictions!

Awesome response....
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2012
ITbomb: The addiction is so bad that some can say ' I luv u ' to a complete stranger he just met for 7 days online.

#PATHETIC

Good analysis too...at least u tried by pouring out ur opinion smiley
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2012
sexkillz: grin grin grin

No response
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2012

#PATHETIC
hhahhahahahaha!!!!! dailyshyte u see ir life? u invite d gal come hotel? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Callotti: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
Haba!
Give them time. grin
After meeting a few 'dim-wits'. . .they will learn to stay away from such social networks.
Mu he he he he he he

Oh dia! I have soooooooooooooooooooooo learned my lesson.
Never again.
So help me GAD!!! cheesy

Thank my Agnostic God say I don marry before the invention of such a nuisance as 'social' net-working sites.
Lord knows I would have failed 'ALL EXAMS'!. . . .BRAIN DON BLOCK READING NONSENSE ON NL AND GOD KNOWS WHERE ELSE. grin
The worst people I have ever come across in my life are from such places.
Very entertainoing.
Some people are lucky to meet decent people online via such social networking sites. . . .
BUT MAJORITY ARE TOTALLY USELESS!
Tufiakwa.

Abeg give them time. . . It is a phase. . .
Men remain predators and women remain desperados.
Mu che che che che che che che

My phone don rest! USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSELESS GISTS FROM CYBER RIFF-RAFFS! GOSSIP! GOSSIP! GOSSIP!

TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
Callotti: Haba!
Give them time. grin
After meeting a few 'dim-wits'. . .they will learn to stay away from such social networks.
Mu he he he he he he

Oh dia! I have soooooooooooooooooooooo learned my lesson.
Never again.
So help me GAD!!! cheesy

Thank my Agnostic God say I don marry before the invention of such a nuisance as 'social' net-working sites.
Lord knows I would have failed 'ALL EXAMS'!. . . .BRAIN DON BLOCK READING NONSENSE ON NL AND GOD KNOWS WHERE ELSE. grin
The worst people I have ever come across in my life are from such places.
Very entertainoing.
Some people are lucky to meet decent people online via such social networking sites. . . .
BUT MAJORITY ARE TOTALLY USELESS!
Tufiakwa.

Abeg give them time. . . It is a phase. . .
Men remain predators and women remain desperados.
Mu che che che che che che che

My phone don rest! USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSELESS GISTS FROM CYBER RIFF-RAFFS! GOSSIP! GOSSIP! GOSSIP!

TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

The worst part of it all is that most of them youth addicts can hardly accept the truth, or learn to listen to ppl who had been there n learn from them, instead, they prefer to get their hands burnt before they would learn.

Seriously, this online social networking craze will greatly affect Nigerian youths in mere future when many will wake up to realize they graduated with the poorest result due to their ignorant waste of their study time online talking to ppl they dnt know or met online.

Most will probably end up poor as a result of this online thing cos they will be busy socializing online & forget to develop their God given talents & skills that will help them in future.

Most will also get repeated heartbreak online & end up miserable.

Another set will ignorantly turn to prostitutes online without knowing they have & this will affect their future marriages cos they will be unfaithful to their partners in d name of socializing online.

...and many more.

Thanks bro for this honest word of advice for d wise ones who cares to listen smiley
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by beylinko(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
It is well! All work and no play makes jack and lola a dull...
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Callotti: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
DailyNews:

The worst part of it all is that most of them youth addicts can hardly accept the truth, or learn to listen to ppl who had been there n learn from them, instead, they prefer to get their hands burnt before they would learn.

Seriously, this online social networking craze will greatly affect Nigerian youths in mere future when many will wake up to realize they graduated with the poorest result due to their ignorant waste of their study time online talking to ppl they dnt know or met online.

Most will probably end up poor as a result of this online thing cos they will be busy socializing online & forget to develop their God given talents & skills that will help them in future.

Another set will ignorantly turn to prostitutes online without knowing they have & this will affect their future marriages cos they will be unfaithful to their partners in d name of socializing online.

...and many more.

Thanks bro for this honest word of advice for d wise ones who cares to listen smiley

Haba!!!! I say leave them. . .dem not dey tell 'deaf' man say war dey for 'town'! OR SAY HOUSE DON CATCH FAYA.
When im see every barry dey run. . .im go pick race ke! TO WHICH EVER DIRECTION NEAREST TO IM EYES. . .OR TILL IM BEGIN SMELL OTHER PEOPLE AZZE DEY BURN!!!! cheesy

Mu he he he he he he he he grin
If experience is not the 'best' teacher. . .ignorance go try sha! cheesy
Between 'predators' and 'desperados'. . . you can't afford waste your breath ke.

Mu he he he he he he

This wan wey 'Rohipnal' to r-ape and kill both young and old women or 'video camera' to FIM toto full for youtube abi? cheesy

Abeg wey my darling husband and boyfriends jare. . . vacation here I come! cool

No work for one month. . .starting today!!! cool
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
DailyNews:

...and many more.

like u did rite? we all understand. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
Idowuogbo:

like u did rite? we all understand. cheesy cheesy cheesy

...u wish I was right ...& for ur own classified info, I walked away cos I am too big for all those online shitz, if u doubt it, u can dig for d details, I believe u knw where n hw to get d info smiley...if I need a date today, all I need is browse tru my numerous uncountable well-to-do admirers stalking on me in real life.

BTW, do u know how many elegant ladies trying all they can to win DailyNews who refused to fall for their feminine wits if u ever get to knw, m sure u may take a rope smiley
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Mynd44: 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
See self praise
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mynd_44: See self praise

Not tired of following yet
Re: What Could Be Responsible For Present Day Youth Online Romance Addiction? by Mynd44: 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
You wish

(1) (Reply)

Funniest Video Ever (EAT DA POOPOO) / BEDC New Tariff Rate. / #nigeriansathogwarts Currently Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.