Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa (5556 Views)

FIFA Rankings: Eagles Drop To 37th / Eagles Drop Rabiu Ibrahim And 3 Other Players For AFCON / Super Eagles Drop From 38th To 44th On Fifa Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by semid4lyfe(m): 11:57am On Oct 04, 2012
FIFA ranking: Super Eagles drop to 13th in Africa

World’s football governing body, FIFA has released its rankings for the month of October, and the Super Eagles of Nigeria have dropped five spots on the rankings and are now 63rd in the world.

The team also dropped out of the top 10 to now occupy the 13th position in Africa, coming after Cape Verde and Central African Republic.

Elephants of Cote’ d Ivoire remain the highest ranked African team on the list; they occupy the 16th position in the world and number one on the continent.

Algeria, Mali, Ghana and Egypt follow in that order, making it up the top five, while African champions, Zambia are in sixth position and are 41 in the world.

Tunisia, Gabon, Central African Republic and Cape Verde are the other countries that are in the top 10 in the continent.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/03/fifa-ranking-super-eagles-drops-to-13th-in-africa/
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Adanyebe(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
ITS PARTIALITY...... I THOUGHT THEY SHOULD BE IN 115th POSITION IN THE WORLD AND 30th IN AFRICA

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by semid4lyfe(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
FIFA ranking has always been rubbish but it has never been this bad.

Imagine ranking Cape Verde Island and Central African Republic higher than Nigeria shocked undecided

Nothing short of ridiculous IMO
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
once we reach 70 position, our players dnt qualify for epl transfer again, dis is sad
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Bertbert: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
The question now is what do we do to come up the list again?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Areaboy2(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
well, we are rubbish at football lately so i'm not surprised

@OP, Oya go baff on top transformer make we see grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Super1759: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
thank God they are still in the list

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Born2beRich1(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
NFF will blame Keshi for this outcome, keshi will blame the players (e.g Mikel,osaze,enyema), players will blame the pitch and small pay....Who the Naija citizens go come blame na.....Say na NFF, Keshi, Players or GEJ?... grin
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by omar22(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
What was Nigeria's position before everyone wanted Siasia out?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by CrazyMan(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
As usual, let's put the blame on Papa Jona - a typical Nigerian style adopted by we Nigerians to comfort ourselves from failure caused by our nonchalant attitude and incompetence. sad

I shall begin...Well done Papa Jona...you've succeeded in ruining our national team just also. sad

Next... sad

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by mkmyers45(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
semid4lyfe: FIFA ranking has always been rubbish but it has never been this bad.

Imagine ranking Cape Verde Island and Central African Republic higher than Nigeria shocked undecided

Nothing short of ridiculous IMO
Using statistical co-efficients those two countries have done better in the past year...IMO we couldn't even beat Niger
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by gezzyvinci(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2012
we even dey d list...Nigeria shud b banned from world football

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by destinedtee(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Born 2be Rich: NFF will blame Keshi for this outcome, keshi will blame the players (e.g Mikel,osaze,enyema), players will blame the pitch and small pay....Who the Naija citizens go come blame na.....Say na NFF, Keshi, Players or GEJ?... grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin U are so funny brother.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by SlyIg(f): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Their fall is in the order of NEPA and NPF. Keep down!
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by destinedtee(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
eddyjibs: once we reach 70 position, our players dnt qualify for epl transfer again, dis is sad
Really? shocked embarassed
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by gempo(m): 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
this country don tire me. When will we start hearing something positive in this country. Management at all levels in shambles.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Todaynatoday: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
Really, this is coming as no surprise to me. Nigerian football has been on a downward spiral since 2006 world cup. We need to go back to the drawing board.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Dreyl(m): 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
Na wa o
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
WHO CARES
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by ayoola2002(m): 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
Am not concern at all, if they like, they should rank them 170 in world, so far it does not affect EPL.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Afam4eva(m): 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
They should just drop us from FIFA, make we go rest abeg.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by klax(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
Bertbert: The question now is what do we do to come up the list again?

NFF should do the right thing at the right time and sack all these mallam out of our football house and everyone that is a plus to neccesity should be show the exit door, period!
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by BabaO2: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
It is a fair standing considering who is the coach. Togo and Mali were far behind 63 when he was managing them.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by dhanmccoy: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
This list used to mean something to me. Doesn't now. I just don't get their criteria. They even ranked England 3rd in the world after the Euros. Nonsense.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by omiobo: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2012
Super1759: thank God they are still in the list

gringrin
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
Who cares? Those guyz are good for nothing. The management is useless. The nation is fuckd up. They can drop to 500th positn 4 all i care. NEXT pls
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by kpozite(m): 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
Area_boy: well, we are rubbish at football lately so i'm not surprised

@OP, Oya go baff on top transformer make we see grin grin grin

No make e go touch high tension wire.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by misreal(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
Siasia shud be recalled.he is a beta coach lipsrsealed
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by searay(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
But wait a minute, how Fifa dey take do the ranking? Teams where never play go dey climb.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
We still dey 63,i actually tot we are long qualified to be in the list.
Nansense!! Pot belle old men playing for the corruption infestated NFA.

Abeg...waz the ranking for our ladies cause they're the ones making a lil happy these days...
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by ednut1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
destinedtee:
Really? shocked embarassed
yes o, i remember a time one relegation team wanted to buy one kenyan in 06 or 07 dem no gree cos kenya no dey top 70
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa by blendz4real(m): 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
Adanyebe: ITS PARTIALITY...... I THOUGHT THEY SHOULD BE IN 115th POSITION IN THE WORLD AND 30th IN AFRICA

U sef! U hash oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' / Why Doesn't Emmanuel Adebayor Play For Nigeria? / Old Bet9ja Mobile 35 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.