Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods (7734 Views)

Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns / Police Assistant Commissioner Drowns In Lagos Pool While Celebrating Valentine / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by impetus: 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
The heavy flooding across many cities and communities in Nigeria is showing no signs of abating.

In Delta State, an additional 120 communities have been hit hard by the floods. In fact, so severe was the flood in Ndokwa East Local Government Area of Delta State, that a traditional ruler reportedly drowned when the boat in which he was being evacuated from his flooded community capsized.

According to a villager who confirmed the incident, the name of the royal father cannot be disclosed now due to some traditional reasons.

Chairman of the Flood Disaster Committee and deputy governor, Prof. Amos Utuama, who briefed Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, yesterday, on the activities of the committee, said the flood disaster was getting worse in the state. In all, over 220 communities in Delta have been affected with Aboh, Oko Kingdom and Gbelekor communities being some of the worst hit.

Utuama said that the committee was working hard to curtail the flood’s effect by visiting the affected coastal areas, opening of rehabilitation camps and ensuring that relief materials were distributed to the rehabilitation camps.

On his part, Gov. Uduaghan decried the nonchalant attitude of the local government areas to the flood disaster. He said that that it was the responsibility of the councils to cater for displaced persons in their jurisdictions.
http://www.ynaija.com/tragic-traditional-ruler-drowns-in-delta-floods/deltafloodynaija/

This is terrible. FG is very slow in everything except in corruption.
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Afam4eva(m): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
Na waoo
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by aljharem(m): 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
No government agenta to recuse
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Torch1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
God have Mercy!
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: No government agenta to recuse
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by fittty(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by aljharem(m): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
afam4eva:
sorry I meant there are no government authorities to rescue flood victims
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by gator666: 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Why is the death of a traditional ruler more important than any other death in such circumstances?

p.s. My condolences to the family.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Slizbeat(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
M.H.S.R.I.P, AMEN.
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by chucky234(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Omo this flood don near my second village sha,but my Lagos dey kampe.
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Afam4eva(m): 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
chucky234: Omo this flood don near my second village sha,but my Lagos dey kampe.
Are you from Ndokwa?
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
This thang no funny ooo.... 9ja is goin extinct gradually...
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by aduje(m): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
In the North.....Boko Haram i.e. bombing and explosion per second
In Lagos....Plan Crash & stiff LASG laws
In Abuja....High level intimidation by politicians
In Niger-Delta/Middle Belt....Flood/Kidnapping
In Bakassi....people have been forced to have another citizenship
In Benin/Ore Road....Road Crashes due to bad state of the roads
In Oyo Axis...NURTW troubles
On V/I, Lekki, Ikoyi...The rich gets it all
In Aso Village, Dame/Perm Secretary Patience GEJ is still ill
On Lagos Ibadan express...Ritual Killings
In Kwara...the Zimbawe farmers have taken over
Which way Nigeria.
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Pukkah: 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: sorry I meant there are no government authorities to rescue flood victims

The Federal Government stated that it has done its best on the flooding. I guess they are just watching now.

https://www.nairaland.com/1059520/weve-done-best-flooding-fg
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by olaakeem2: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
I wonder at times d kind of govt we av in dis con3. Immagine non chalant atitude towards everything. I hope God wil show us way forward one day.
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by feelamong(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
FOR NOW, ITS EVERY ONE FOR HIMSELF AND GOD FOR ALL!!!
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by impetus: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
aduje: In the North.....Boko Haram i.e. bombing and explosion per second
In Lagos....Plan Crash & stiff LASG laws
In Abuja....High level intimidation by politicians
In Niger-Delta/Middle Belt....Flood/Kidnapping
In Bakassi....people have been forced to have another citizenship
In Benin/Ore Road....Road Crashes due to bad state of the roads
In Oyo Axis...NURTW troubles
On V/I, Lekki, Ikoyi...The rich gets it all
In Aso Village, Dame/Perm Secretary Patience GEJ is still ill
On Lagos Ibadan express...Ritual Killings
In Kwara...the Zimbawe farmers have taken over
Which way Nigeria.

I think we should be asking ourselves which way we are heading to? Does it mean that the flood would wash us into the Atlantic ocean or what? What is happening in Nigeria calls for sober reflection. Who knows, it could be signs of end time.
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by powerblaze(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
I'm from Ndokwa-West.. Heard the flood don reach my villa... chai... embarassed
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by duality(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
i still don't think its all because of the rains
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by jege456: 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
can u imagine dis uduaghan guy! shifting the blame to his inaction to the local governmen councils! which planet is dis guy from?

the guy does not care one bit! so heartless and indifferent to the sufferings his people while he sits and plunders the state's resources.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: No government agenta to recuse

grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Walexz02(m): 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
??
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Aphrygian(m): 3:27am On Oct 05, 2012
I wonder wat will happen to japan if they have those babaric leaders we have in nigeria
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by NAJALYN: 10:41am On Oct 05, 2012
God have mercy on us Nigerians and urgently come to our rescue. Put a STOP to all problems plaguing our great nation in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by Chookym(m): 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
The story is true oo, but it was the traditional rulers fault .He desisded going on his own boat instead of the rescue boat the govt provided. Thank God his wife was saved
Re: Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods by splendour10: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
jege456: can u imagine dis uduaghan guy! shifting the blame to his inaction to the local governmen councils! which planet is dis guy from?

the guy does not care one bit! so heartless and indifferent to the sufferings his people while he sits and plunders the state's resources.

(1) (Reply)

Over 100 Building Demolish For Ogun Road Project / An Okada Man (hausa) Stabs A Trader To Death (igbo) Naij.com / Ogun Transport Projects, Catalyst To Socio-economic Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.