Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME (25184 Views)

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / JAMB Introduces E-facility Android App / JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by samguru(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has introduced three options for the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for candidates. Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, Registrar of JAMB, made the announcement, on Wednesday, when the House of Representatives Committee on Education visited him on an oversight function.

Ojerinde listed the options as Paper and Pencil Testing (PPT), Dibu Based Test (DBT), where questions would be presented on computers and answers would be on paper and Computer Based Testing (CBT) where both questions and answers would be done on computer.

Ojerinde stated that candidates were at liberty to choose one of the three options in the 2013 UTME.

The registrar said that the most advantageous part of the CBT was that candidates would get their scores few minutes after writing the examination on their GSM cell phones.

``The internet age has come to stay with us hence as actors in the new age, you cannot afford to stay on the fence, you must be prepared to join the train or else you are left behind,'' Dibu said.

He urged candidates to study hard for the 2013 UTME, adding that consistent hard work was the panacea to success in any examination.

Earlier, Rose Oko, the Chairman of the House Committee on Education, said that the members were on a visit to the board because of the importance of education to the society.

``The examination process is very key and strategic in education as well as the sanctity of the examination,'' she stressed.

Oko commended the board for its quick release of the 2012 UTME results and urged it to sustain the tempo. NAN

source;www.businessdayonline.com

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by bigtt76(f): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
Hahaha ...this country sef. Imagine the man naming one of the test after himslef 'Dibu Based Testing (Hybrid Test) involving computer presentation of questions and answer options while the correct answers would be on paper. So what happens when he's booted out? The new registrar renames it after him or herself? SMFH

14 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by wandeay: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
nice one, i know most nigerian students will go for the pen and paper option, but wich one b 'Dibu based test'? lol..
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Kslib(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dibu based....haahahahahaha.... This man is a clown

1 Like

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Onaolamipo: 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
I prefer CBT. Because it guarantees my success
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by SlyIg(f): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2012
Ok o o o o ... Thank God i don pass that one.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Ahmedie25(m): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2012
I prefer CBT ,u get ur result sharp sharp
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by wawaboy1(m): 9:38am On Oct 05, 2012
Onaolamipo: I prefer CBT. Because it guarantees my success
what if the internet is slow, NEPA takes light or there is no enough fuel to power the standby DG. Mind u any of these or all of these could happen while the exam is going like. Na so inec talk

6 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by obi123: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2012
samguru: The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has introduced three options for the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for candidates. Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, Registrar of JAMB, made the announcement, on Wednesday, when the House of Representatives Committee on Education visited him on an oversight function.

Ojerinde listed the options as Paper and Pencil Testing (PPT), Dibu Based Test (DBT), where questions would be presented on computers and answers would be on paper and Computer Based Testing (CBT) where both questions and answers would be done on computer.

Ojerinde stated that candidates were at liberty to choose one of the three options in the 2013 UTME.

The registrar said that the most advantageous part of the CBT was that candidates would get their scores few minutes after writing the examination on their GSM cell phones.

``The internet age has come to stay with us hence as actors in the new age, you cannot afford to stay on the fence, you must be prepared to join the train or else you are left behind,'' Dibu said.

He urged candidates to study hard for the 2013 UTME, adding that consistent hard work was the panacea to success in any examination.

Earlier, Rose Oko, the Chairman of the House Committee on Education, said that the members were on a visit to the board because of the importance of education to the society.

``The examination process is very key and strategic in education as well as the sanctity of the examination,'' she stressed.

Oko commended the board for its quick release of the 2012 UTME results and urged it to sustain the tempo. NAN

source;www.businessdayonline.com

DAFT is an understatement,why 3 options ? what is the point of the DBT? so you get the questions online , then you provide the answers on paper,then you have the normal paper based one , then you also have computer based one where both are done online .All this just so that when the time comes for allocation of funds to implement it, there can be more than one way of stealing money .

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Ariyke: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2012
The man no wan make U forget him after his tenure thats why he named one after himself Dibu Based Test indeed

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Holyrule(m): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2012
thats good to know, and i thinks its better this way.... no more cheating....
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by teewhy3(m): 9:50am On Oct 05, 2012
My humble question is: Do we have the infrastructure to run a DBT or CBT?
Would it lead to an increase or decrease in examination fees?

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by zeefa: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2012
wawa_boy: what if the internet is slow, NEPA takes light or there is no enough fuel to power the standby DG. Mind u any of these or all of these could happen while the exam is going like. Na so inec talk

There will be a standby UPS to ensure data are well stored to prevent issues! So if the light goes up! There will definitely be a generator to power the systems as soon as possible.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by DANILSA(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2012
DIBU BASED TEXT grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by bodmaxis1: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2012
wawa_boy: what if the internet is slow, NEPA takes light or there is no enough fuel to power the standby DG. Mind u any of these or all of these could happen while the exam is going like. Na so inec talk
If you are wise you would not JAMB use ur career as a laboratory test, it is better to watch the trend of the success of the project rather than rushing into it. I am sure it is a learning curve to get everything standardized. In the vein of naming an exam style in your name is too local, you are a public officer and coining a name if needed should follow a legacy of the purpose not the personality. Else he could patent the concept first and claim it as Dibu whatever, when will people understand patriotism away from the dictionary?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by megxo(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2012
u'll start seein eEXPO NOW cheesy

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by blessedmayor(m): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2012
Dibu based text Iz diz dude ok?
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Archmed(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2012
CBT TEST,DIBU Test...or whatever nomenclature they bear,have not been tested so cannot be trusted.A wise candidate will stick to the conventional paper test,until the latter's reliability can be confirmed

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Clemzy16(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2012
Nigerians will not seize to amaze me. Imagine the prof. naming one of the choices after himself. When i earlier saw the post on Facebook, i was like.. Which one is Dibu? Anyways, I'll prefer the computer base exam. I think it will be more accurate and precise. Also, it will help to reduce the rate of corruption in our educational sector. Most people charged with the responsibility of conducting exams are so gullible as to making you feel exempted at the time the result is being released. Although, it'll come with some challenges and requires alot of finance inorder to manage, but i feel the computer base is a better choice above the others.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Bishop4bella(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2012
I blif diz cn nt b accepted by Nigerian. Wot of whr der is no internet service. House must delibrate on this.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by arabambi: 10:21am On Oct 05, 2012
The membership of d house that was presented with d options had no input or sugesstion as regards d naming convention? The practical and advantage or the diasdvantages of one to the other as it concerns the candidates.
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Ukavwe: 10:21am On Oct 05, 2012
Oh Jamb,in 2010/2011 they issue out calculator that were bad,candidate couldn't use them in 2011/2012 they couldn't provide one,now they want to provide laptop that will not work.well i pray it come out good,u know that is all we do in nigeria,we pray
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by ujchief(m): 10:25am On Oct 05, 2012
Hahahahaha... Dibu based test... Hahahaha, i hav to stop opening Nl while at work, i could get sacked oneday... hahahaha.

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by iverson2319(m): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2012
Next news now will be that FG allocated 63billion naira to jamb body for procurement of item ...waste of fund and ways of smuggling

1 Like

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by talktrue1(m): 10:37am On Oct 05, 2012
The woman has gone to prepare ground for either her child. How come she didnt say anything concerning the options
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by buchibabe: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2012
zeefa:

There will be a standby UPS to ensure data are well stored to prevent issues! So if the light goes up! There will definitely be a generator to power the systems as soon as possible.

How sure are u? Do u work in Jamb?
Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Fynist(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2012
Experimenting at the expense of thier Candidates. If to say na thier Money. Dem nor go do like this oooo. Maybe Jamb next exam fee will be #10000 WITH ALL THIS DUBIous Charade

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Peterpan1(m): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Nice concept,bt my advice to aspirin candidates out there is that you shuld stick 2 d pen 2 paper test,other options are nice bt lets face d fact,in Nigeria anything can happen, especially in d exam hall,imagine if d server broke down in d middle of d exam,pls choose carefully.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by tjdj: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2012
DBT is an acronym for Dumb Based Test...lol>how the f_ck can u name a test after youself

1 Like

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by ultraGM: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Hahaha ...this country sef. Imagine the man naming one of the test after himself 'Dibu Based Testing (Hybrid Test) involving computer presentation of questions and answer options while the correct answers would be on paper. So what happens when he's booted out? The new registrar renames it after him or herself? SMFH

there is no offence if he named it (the HYBRID) after himself, and there it can be changed because its a legacy.

what if the Internet is slow, NEPA takes light or there is no enough fuel to power the standby DG. Mind u any of these or all of these could happen while the exam is going like. Na so inec talk

Sorry Bro, even Chinese laptop can stay up to 1:30min before it shutdown and transmitter doesn't consume much power, SO Power can't be issue. By the way they introduce Biometric Finger Print during registration, and they did not fail,

My humble question is: Do we have the infrastructure to run a DBT or CBT?
Would it lead to an increase or decrease in examination fees?
The DBT will be alternative for those who can't handle mouse(pointing device) very well but still want to Enjoy the CBT.
About the Cost, definitely there will be increase in exam fees, as some they will obtained new equipment.

Your guys are right you object the new Idea, but i assume its normal for people to resist environment change, it is the duty of the System Analyst to convince the people.

So fellow Nigerian, the introduction of CBT is a great improvement to Education Sector, as it will minimize the rate of Malpractice. Although it will be difficult to adjust but one Day, i believe our SSCE Exam will be CBT

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by dmahn(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2012
Then billions of dollars will be needed to operate the CBT or DBT..Im sure this man doesnt knows what it mean to do CBT UTME(where there will be millions of candidate).Utme dat cnt provide calculators for all candidate how will dey provide computer for that...A lot of money sha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME by Oluwadare: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2012
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick / NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates / MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.