Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. (15059 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Caption This Straight Face Of The New Chief Of Defence Intelligence. Photos / Meet The New Chief-Of-Staff, Hamid Ibrahim-Alli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by tpia5: 2:38am On Oct 05, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday in Abuja approved the appointment of Vice Admiral Ola Ibrahim from Kwara as the new Chief of Defence Staff.

A statement issued by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Reuben Abati, said Rear Admiral D. J. Ezeoba from Delta was appointed as the new Chief of Naval Staff.

The statement said that Air Vice Marshall A.S. Badeh, from Adamawa, was also appointed as Chief of Air Staff.

“The incumbent Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, retained his position.”

The statement said Jonathan thanks the outgoing service chiefs for their meritorious and commendable service to the nation and wished them well in their future endeavours.

Ihejirika and the three retired Service Chiefs were appointed by Jonathan on Sept. 8, 2010.

The retired Service Chiefs are former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Oluseyi Petinrin and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Mohammed Umar.

Before his new appointment, Ibrahim was Chief of Naval Staff.

http://nairareport.com/?p=19285
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Adufaye(m): 3:48am On Oct 05, 2012
emmatok: Just asking when was the last time an Army Officer occupied that post CGS .
ALL I see is the Navy and Airforce.
u cnt compare army 2 navy or air force 4 brain,i went 2 military sch nd navy do teach us,mostly maths,english,govt,physic,t.d e.t.c, recuit 4 dat mata...amry na olodo jor
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Adufaye(m): 3:56am On Oct 05, 2012
i wuld hv met wit him wen i waz doin my pasin out parade POP 4rm sec sch in 2011,bt un42nately he waz busy in abj,bt met n shake hands wit his beautiful wife who speak dsame english lyk GEJ wife grin nd i also shake hands wit western naval command FOC, E.A Ogbor,who told me am gud 2 go 2 NDA
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by seunajia: 4:15am On Oct 05, 2012
Danka7777:

Yoruba people are always short-changed in everything.

President- South South
Vice President- North West
Senate President- North Central
Deputy Senate President - South East
Speaker - North West
Deputy Speaker - South East
Chief Justice - North West
[/b]

And you rarely see them whining and/or playing the victim.

3 Likes

Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by tit(f): 4:52am On Oct 05, 2012
seunajia:

And you rarely see them whining and/or playing the victim.
not too long ago, the south west had the president, speaker and chief justice, etc, etc.
perhaps they are still wolfing down their desserts.
the whinning is just underground.
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by reigningwisdom: 5:32am On Oct 05, 2012
by musiwa7: 12:15am
the university of ilorin , i saw on their website.. is now teaching about it. people lack the understanding mostly igbo people who write nonsense on the internet on issue they dont know about.

You dont write about something you dont know. we are yoruba people. and we know our history. even many ilorin people have become confuse of who they are because of the nonsense the igbo people write online..
MY DEAR FRIEND, HOPE YOU ARE CATCHING UP WELL THERE? THAT BEING THE CASE, I'D LOVE TO APPEAL TO YOU FOR ONE THING REGARDING YOUR TYPINGS HERE ABOVE. PLEASE, LEARN HOW TO EDUCATE OTHERS WITHOUT TRIBAL NAME CALLING OR LETTING DOWN AND MAKING ACCUSATIONS ON A PARTICULAR TRIBE OR ETHNIC,CONTRARY TO MY APPEAL ABOVE CASES INFLAMMATION IN NIGERIAN SOCIETY AND HARMS SPIRIT OF ONENESS.YOU, YOUSELF MAY NOT GET IT WELL IF ASKED TO TELL ABOUT IGBO CULTURES AND TRADITIONS, ETC. TRY TO KNOW THAT, TRIBES (PPL) IN NIGERIA GOT WOUNDS IN THEIR HEARTS(MIND)AND, WHENEVER A TRIBE IS PICKED THE PEOPLE FEEL OFFENSIVE, UNDERSTANDING DIFFERS AMONG NIGERIAN TRIBES AND ETHNICS, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING. SO, TEACH WITHOUT SCORNING YOUR STUDENTS COS THEY DISLIKE(HATE)YOU COS, YOUR TEACHING METHOD MAY SOUND POOR OR HARH TO THEM, SO, TEACH WITHOUT SAYING IGBO THIS IGBO THAT. ALL TRIBES IN NIGERIA ARE IGNORANTS OF YOUR ACCUSATION ON IGBO TRIBE. I MET ONE OF MY FRIENDS WHO IS A SOUTH WESTERN NIGERIAN HERE IN NEW YORK AND HE 'S ONE OF THE LECTURERS IN LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, THIS YOUNG MAN WAS MISTAKING ALL SOUTH SOUTHERNERS AS IGBOS COS OF WHAT HE WAS TOLD ABOUT NIGERIA-BIAFRAN WAR. PLEASE, LET'S TRY TO COME TOGETHER AND TRY TO HEAL NIGERIA AND THE ENTIRE AFRICA SO THAT WE CAN HARMONIOUSLY WORK HER DEVELOMENT TOGETHER AS OTHER COUNTRIES AND CONTINENTS DID AND STILL DOING TILL TODAY, IF POSSIBLE.
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by akorlade(m): 5:46am On Oct 05, 2012
emmatok: Just asking when was the last time an Army Officer occupied that post CGS .
. That's GEJ breaking new grounds "Dare To Be Different". Next up na police or civil defence go take that office.
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by emmatok(m): 6:30am On Oct 05, 2012
akorlade: . That's GEJ breaking new grounds "Dare To Be Different". Next up na police or civil defence go take that office.
LOL you must be joking. cheesy
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Jungleprince1(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2012
PStylish:

He's from Ilorin.

But I'm not sure if he is Yoruba or Fulani even though he has a Yoruba name.

There are Fulani indigenes of Ilorin even though they bear Yoruba names and speak Yoruba. e.g
Kolapo Sulu-Gambari (the Emir)

Ibrahim Agboola Gambari (fmr UN envoy)

Olusola Saraki

Bukola Saraki

e.t.c

Congratulations to the new CDS. Wishing him a successful tenure.
olusola and bukola saraki are yorubas
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by ocelot2006(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2012

Really? You've definitely not been Nigeria, else you would've known that army officers held that post most of the time. The Airforce only held it 2 (post military-rule), and the navy once or so.
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by 76virgins(m): 8:04am On Oct 05, 2012
tyson55:
What a question!
Nigeria and trabilism. SMDH!
Does it really matter where he is from? In as much as he is a Nigerian, I think that should do. No?

Dont mind him,he wants to be the first to start the nonsense of abusing him bcoz he is ...
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by christ4mi(f): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2012
decrox199: YORUBA NATION COMPLETELY SHORT-
CHANGED?
Chief of Army Staff: South East.
Chief of Defense Staff: North Central.
Chief of Air Staff: South South.
Chief of Naval Staff: North East.
Inspector General of Police: North West.
Comptroller General of Custom: North East.
Director General of SSS: South East.
Comptroller General of Immigration Service:
South East.
EFCC Chairman: North West.
Great and Worth-while Sons and Daughters of
Oduduwa, where are you?
Where are the Senators & Reps Representing
Yoruba Nation In Abuja?
Please arise before Jonathan wipes up Yoruba
Nation oooo!
Ire o.
Pls EFCC is from north East, while Comptroller General of Custom is from Katsina North West. It seems the North West has everything in this administration.
Vice President- North West
Speaker House of Rep - North West
Chief Justice of the Federation - North West
National Security Afviser North West
Inspector General of Police North West
Comptroller General Custom North West
Minister of Defense (Expected to be North West)
Minister of Education North West
Minister of National Planning North West
Minister of Sport North West
Minister of Environment North west
Minister of Mines and steel Development North West
Minister of State for Finance North West
Minister of State for interior
Minsiter of State for work and housing
Head of FIRS North west
Head of National Pencom west North
Only Geogprahical zone with 7 states
Only Geographical zone with the highest Number of Local Govt areas and members in the House of Rep
The only Geographical the Produce Presidents more than anyother zone (Murtala, Shagari, Buhari, Abacha and Yar'adua) making this zone to be the most powerful politically wise in this country. Foolish Nigerians
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2012
CHANGED?
South East.
Oduduwa, where are you?
Yoruba Nation In Abuja?
Nation oooo!
Ire o.

Chief of Defense Staff: North Central.......He's a Yoruba man from Ilorin, Kwara State....A Yoruba man from Kabba, Kogi State is also a Northerner based on region but the Truth is He's a Yoruba Man.
Chief of Air Staff: South South.......NO NO NO......AS Badeh is from Mubi in Adamawa State....North East.
Chief of Naval Staff: North East......NO NO NO.....DJ Ezeoba is from Northern Delta in Delta State.
It's not all about ethnicity....Yoruba man from Ipetu-Ijesha in Osun State (OO Petinrin) just left the position of Chief of Defence Staff.
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Jarus(m): 8:40am On Oct 05, 2012
They have occupied it most. Let Naval and Air Force officers also do teh job. I actually grew up thinking CDS was only for Army officers.
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by WilyWily5: 10:12am On Oct 05, 2012
CHANGED?
South East.
Oduduwa, where are you?
Yoruba Nation In Abuja?
Nation oooo!
Ire o.
The reason why Yorubas are not there is because they are not good managers, Yorubas are only good in Embezzlement,
Jonathan should create a new ministry call Ministry of Looting and Embezzlement only for the Yorubas, that is what they know best, they are good on it.
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Ganys: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:
Where is he from, where's his wife from.

His parents?
He is From Alfa Agba Compound, Ilorin & His wife is from Ori Okon Compound in the same emir's palace area in Ilorin...Kwara State
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by DANILSA(m): 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
CHANGED?
South East.
Oduduwa, where are you?
Yoruba Nation In Abuja?
Nation oooo!
Ire o.
GUY I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS TOPIC BUT PLEASE YOU CANT TELL US NO YORUBA MEN OCCUPYING JUICY POSITIONS IN NIGERIA,PLEASE DONT BE MYOPIC. GOING FOR RESEARCH, WILL BE BACK LATTER
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by bibina: 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
CHANGED?
South East.
Oduduwa, where are you?
Yoruba Nation In Abuja?
Nation oooo!
Ire o.
Why shout? why not wait until Tinubu and co take over
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by mikeywise(m): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
musiwa7: at a point many year ag many nigerian dont wear shoes

I DONT SEE ANY SENSE IN WHAT U WROTE.HOW DO U MEAN?
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by DisGuy: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
Egbon Musiwa is killin' in right hurrr!!!

the scholl he went to is in the very first post sir, Egbon make you upgrade your maps o, it's almost 2013!!
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by lacasa: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
Who cares?

Are they not all conspirators undecided
Re: Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 06, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections / McDonald Obasuke Disrupts Obaseki's Campaign With Thugs (photos / ECOWAS Court Adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s Human Right Case Against FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.