Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Facebook Hits One Billion Active Users. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Hits One Billion Active Users. (640 Views)

Facebook Ranks Nigeria, Kenya Top In Africa As Mobile Active Users / I'll Get You 1,000 Active Users For Your App/website For 1,000 Naira / Facebook Hits 1.5 Billion Active Users!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Hits One Billion Active Users. by infoscope(m): 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg posted on his wall today to confirm that the social networking site now has over a billion active users.
This morning, there are more than one billion people using Facebook actively each month.
If you’re reading this: thank you for giving me and my little team the honor of serving you.
Helping a billion people connect is amazing, humbling and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life.
I am committed to working every day to make Facebook better for you, and hopefully together one day we will be able to connect the rest of the world too.
Zuckerberg also released a fact sheet on the one billion users. Here are the highlights:
Over 1.13 trillion likes
Over 600 million mobile users
140.3 billion friend connections
219 billion photos uploaded
17 billion location-tagged posts, including check-ins
62.6 million songs have been played 22 billion times – that’s about 210,000 years of music
The median age of the user is about 22
The top five countries where people connected from at the time we reached this milestone were Brazil, India, Indonesia,
Mexico and the United States (in alphabetical order)

http://naijaedutech.com/2012/10/facebook-hits-one-billion-active-users.html
Re: Facebook Hits One Billion Active Users. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
It spreads even faster than a virus. Cool social networking! I see twitter overpowering Facebook soon just the same way Facebook overpowered and made MySpace almost completely useless. The pirate bay not a social network but still remain my favourite website! #weapon for mass distribution smiley

(1) (Reply)

Admin 4 Dis New Site Wanted / webshop, ecommerce, onlineshop, web design in lagos, abuja, kaduna, Jigawa, / How Much Will It Cost Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.