Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Product Haul Thread :) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Haul Thread :) (3485 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Official "Haul Thread" where members can rate and discuss products they like or dislike. smiley
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 3:50am On Oct 05, 2012
YESS!! I am in the lab (my room) which smells like acrylic fluid right about now grin grin
(i don't mind because it smells like a salon...and i am loving it! tongue)

Reason being that I have spent the last hour "professionally" doing my own nails. smiley
I am excited to do this haul which will feature a simple nail kit that many foolishly overlook just to overpay!!!

The kit used was [size=18pt]"Kiss: French Acrylic Sculpture Kit"[/size].

It only cost me about $11 and I purchased it at a local drug/pharmacy store today after watching it for months and being afraid of "wasting [my] money".

I will say IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!! cheesy
My nails not only look professional (and better than when I have paid $30-40 to get them done in salons) but they are to my liking.

The hardest part though was applying the actual acrylic mix. tongue The kit includes the acrylic powder which you must dip the application brush in after soaking it in the acrylics liquid solution. My nails came out just fine but on a few it was so lumpy it took a long time for me to file them into the desired shape. Again, I am still working on a few of the flaws, but am soooooooooo happy with the results so far! cheesy The other issue is it is time consuming but what the heck, we are talking NAILS!

I will definitely buy this product again!!! cool

rating: 5/5

Process in pictures (short version lolz):

Re: Product Haul Thread :) by somalia5: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2012
my baby is doing her nails. awe
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
^lol, ediot!

I will come back to post. smiley
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by onila(f): 1:39am On Oct 06, 2012
somalia5: my baby is doing her nails. awe
grin grin

yr funniest post ever grin
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by somalia5: 2:28am On Oct 06, 2012
onila: grin grin

yr funniest post ever grin

matters of the heart are strange indeed
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by onila(f): 2:49am On Oct 06, 2012
somalia5:

matters of the heart are strange indeed
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 06, 2012
smh.
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by somalia5: 3:05am On Oct 06, 2012
*Kails*:
smh.

smd
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
I will come back later to explain why.

[size=18pt]UPDATED 6/1/13[/size] (yes o!! i forgot to update this post lol!)
Here are some hair product "families" I RATE and others I don't much care for.

YAY cheesy
Soft Sheen & Carson's: Dark & Lovely/ Optimum

Both D&L and Optimum are created by the same company.
I don't know what they do to have such superior hair products but whatever it is, I am loving it!! Their hair products work best on chemically straightened hair (permed). Not so much on natural hair which is pretty much common sense considering this company primarily deals with perms and maintaining the "straight and plenty of body" look. The shampoos are so soothing and full of lather which if distributed properly, gives the hair/scalp a thorough cleaning. Their conditioners are the cream of the crop! Now again, I don't know what they do but they do a great job! The conditioners (regardless of the kind) restore the straightness of [even a stale] perm adding plenty of softness, sheen and not to mention a fragrance that is very pleasing to the nose. cheesy

They have plenty of leave in creams which serve as the final touch in the effects of the conditioner/s; locking in the shine and body for up to two to three days...(that is if you wrap your hair!). All in all, this company rules. smiley

NAY tongue
Motions

Let's just say that everything is not for everyone!
I had a friend who used to come to my house or any event with her hair looking wonderful! Plenty of Body, lot's of shine and smelling good! smiley I asked her what it was that she used that she told me about motions..well I tried motions. I purchased the shampoo, conditioner, shine gloss and the leave in lotion. The ONLY thing that worked wonders was the shine gloss. It's kind of like grease but only requires a small amount to be distributed in the hair and it will give plenty of shine. Everything else? Bleh. First of all even after shampooing/conditioning my hair was still brittle. As for the lotion, well it was so runny and clumpy that even shaking the bottle did little to help it.

So it may work for others, but no more Motions for me! undecided

Doo Grow

Their products leave your hair greasy and clog your pores.
The scent is not always flattering either. I have not had any good luck or experience with Doo Grow's products.

#flop.
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Mynd44: 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Is this some kinda advertisement thread?
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
Mynd_44: Is this some kinda advertisement thread?

*Kails*:
Official [size=18pt]"Haul Thread" where members can rate and discuss products they like or dislike. [/size] smiley

Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
[size=18pt]"Spoiled"[/size] fingernail polish.

First of all let me say that the creators of this line are geniuses!! wink
Beautiful color selections. From dull to bright all having extended variations that come in metallic or glittery. smiley

What i love about this line is not only the pricing grin @ $1.99 USD which shows they have great consideration for their customers who may not be able to afford the more expensive brands (or refuse in my case), but also that the colors only require maybe two coats. When dried they have a shine that other lines do not and need the final coating of clear nail hardeners to get.

My only gripe with them are the actual bristles on the brushes. They are rarely even with a few being longer than the rest. Because of this flaw, I would not recommend using this brand to do designs or french manicures unless you cut the bristles to your liking or can tolerate having to manually fix the inevitable errors these out of place bristles will put on your nails.

Other than that this is definitely a favorite polish line of mine. I love it!! smiley

rating: 4.5/5
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Onegai(f): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2012
Makeup Artist secret love: Zaron lip pencils. They're the same quality as MAC, but for a fraction of the price. Check out their red and fuschia pencils.

Tara Orekelewa Powder foundation. Lovely and good coverage.

Milani lipsticks in Bella-Tini (your lips but better shade) and Mandarino (the brightest orange). Fantastic feel and pigmentation.

www.facebook.com/nory.mua

1 Like

Re: Product Haul Thread :) by 190theclown: 1:08am On Nov 13, 2012
I nid some shampoo for my armpit hair

please OP what do you suggest undecided

1 Like

Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 13, 2012
190-the-clown:
I nid some shampoo for my armpit hair

please OP what do you suggest undecided

try sandpaper and camel piss cheesy grin
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by 190theclown: 6:55am On Nov 13, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 13, 2012
190-the-clown:
undecided undecided

awe!! you asked! tongue

not good enough?
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 13, 2012
btw you got mail tongue
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by 190theclown: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2012
undecided
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
thanks. wink
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
[size=18pt]Nailgrowth Miracle[/size]
by Sally Hansen

I like to keep my nails done some way, or the other. I mean they have to be on point! Period. I usually use acrylic on my nails to give it that extra protection because much of what I do during the week is hands on. Because I do my own nails when I use acrylic, I also remove them myself too...

In the past when ever I was in a rush to take off the acrylic nails, I would at times chip at them bit by bit and then rip them off. This is highly inadvisable because as I am about to tell you, it is a fact that just "taking off" acrylic nails can and WILL tear/rupture your nails!

So always do it the right way which is to soak your nails in nail polish removal solutions. It is time consuming but it sure beats having to what I did once, which was rush to the nearest CVS to buy the above product because the entire center of one of my nails was GONE! - YES GONE! tongue And it hurt like hell lol.

Anyway, so to get into the 'haul' let me say that this product is AWESOME!! As it promiseS it will repair your nails within 5 DAYS! When I ripped my nail it did just that. I cleaned it with disinfectants and then applied Sally Hansen's Nailgrowth Miracle polish and I kid you NOT, by the next week my nail was as good as new!! It was almost as if nothing happened. All I did was I apply it every other day - for one week!

I use it anytime I do anything to my nails. Even if I just paint colored polish on my natural nails, once I remove the polish, I buff them and then apply this product.

The only thing though is that it isn't the "cheapest". I did pay between $8 - $10 USD (can't remember) for this bottle. And you may ask "Doesn't the average name brand polish cost this much?" well yeah, but considering that this product is really a "one use" kind of polish, that is a bit much and after a while, it DOES become stale and you will start to see air bubbles on your nails tongue.

Other than that, if you have damaged nails I highly recommend this. smiley

my rating: 4.5/5
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by 190theclown: 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
Pls OP what product can I use 4 d hair in between my legs
Its grown so much dat I can hardly av a visable sight of my balls
D last time I tried cutting it, all sorts of wild animals ran out of it
Please help

*worriedboy*
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
190-the-clown:
Please help

*worriedboy*

A lawnmower. tongue
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
190-the-clown:
Please help

*worriedboy*
Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo *winks*
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by yme1(f): 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
wow. . . . the nails are lovely (going to order for mine now grin)
I have searched everywhere for acrylic liquid solution/powder but couldn't get any
even went as far as asking those chinese nails peeps and they won't let me in on where to get it from angry angry
I can do my nails myself and I don't see any reason why waste money to fix them in shops(tho I hardly fix nails because it feels uncomfortable sometimes)
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 05, 2012
y me: wow. . . . the nails are lovely (going to order for mine now grin)
I have searched everywhere for acrylic liquid solution/powder but couldn't get any
even went as far as asking those chinese nails peeps and they won't let me in on where to get it from angry angry
I can do my nails myself and I don't see any reason why waste money to fix them in shops(tho I fix nails because it feels uncomfortable sometimes)

cheesy cheesy

So you're going to use the same product I used? smiley
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by yme1(f): 12:42am On Dec 05, 2012
*Kails*:

cheesy cheesy

So you're going to use the same product I used? smiley
Yeah I will smiley
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 05, 2012
y me:
Yeah I will smiley

You'll love it!! smiley
Please let me know how it goes!! smiley

And I must warn you that the acrylic liquid has a strong
smell so, make sure you're near windows. wink

other than that,
Enjoy!
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by yme1(f): 1:10am On Dec 05, 2012
*Kails*:

You'll love it!! smiley
Please let me know how it goes!! smiley

And I must warn you that the acrylic liquid has a strong
smell so, make sure you're near windows. wink

other than that,
Enjoy!
Thanks for the heads up sweetheart
will let you know when i get it done grin
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 05, 2012
y me:
Thanks for the heads up sweetheart
will let you know when i get it done grin

cool cool
Re: Product Haul Thread :) by 190theclown: 6:53am On Dec 05, 2012
*Kails*:

A lawnmower. tongue

How muc is it sold
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Checkout These Very Beautiful Hairstyles Of Our Mothers Of Old / Get Rids Of Stubborn Pimples, 08144758217 / Simply Gorgeous Wardrobe Collections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.