Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Preview Dis Magazine Site Pls Critiques - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Preview Dis Magazine Site Pls Critiques (743 Views)

Help Me Review This Site Pls / Needs Concise N Clean Magazine Site Asap / Check Out My Blog Site Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preview Dis Magazine Site Pls Critiques by greatdbanj: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2008
Pls i want u 2 comment on dis site www.justumagazine.com. Thanx
Re: Preview Dis Magazine Site Pls Critiques by webpro(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2008
what program did you use for your banner? Try reducing the spacing in your site, try also to use 750px in your page width so that i can match very well with any system side scrowling is offensive to browser. try and drag your table to meet with were your pictures endss

any way nice work.
Re: Preview Dis Magazine Site Pls Critiques by my2cents(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
i c 2 main problems:

1a) Long download times

1b) You have to find a way to deal with your images. Many are dithered and many, I can see, were scaled in the code rather than on the backend. Typical example: http://www.justumagazine.com/logo.jpg alone is 100K!!! shocked shocked If you had scaled it (proportionally) using fireworks or photoshop so that it met the same proportions as it exists on your site, I bet you, you could have cut at least 90K from that file size

2) Your site architecture doesn't seem to follow a particular style, the most popular being the grid style. Compare your site to (note: I am not endorsing this site. I just googled for a comparable magazine site and chose the one I liked best) http://www.ovationinternational.com/ - see how ovation's site is better laid out?

From research, the human eyes scans a web page from top-left and then proceeds in a way that "draws" out the letter "F". The way your site is laid out, I don't know what to look at first, not to mention, most of the items are below-the-fold. Also, as a side note, perhaps you should tone down on the red? Just a suggestion.

I hope these help.
Re: Preview Dis Magazine Site Pls Critiques by goldenimp(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2008
men you really need to know how to optimize all your graphics with fireworks etc

sorry about this, but i think the whole site needs a redesign

(1) (Reply)

Request For Any Ebooks/tutorial And Its Yours / Must We Be Blamed For Every Scam? / Need help with Java server pages ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.