Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Fashola And His Ideas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola And His Ideas (925 Views)

Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashola And His Ideas by chychy(f): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
[b]The other day, while preparing 4 work, i was listening to one of our local radio stations and the topic 4 d day was car "spooling" or "pooling", i ain't sure what d word is anymore.

U know what his next plan is? To place a levy on cars that drive only one person. It might not be effective asap but it is in the offing. He wants to "force" pple to hitch rides in order to ease the traffic in Lagos State. For instance, if i live in ur neighbourhood and our kids school in d same place or neighbourhood, we are supposed to take turns in driving all of them to school.

That is ok as far as i'm concerned but what happens when i'm going to work, market or school?

Yes the traffic situ in Lagos needs an overhaul, but is restricting the public the best way to tackle it?
Meanwhile, he (Fashloa) still drives around town with his entourage.

Couldn't he start by re-configuring the public transportation condition in Lagos?

Nairalanders, ur views r very welcome,
Let the opinions start rolling, [/b]
Re: Fashola And His Ideas by doyin13(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2008
Tragic situations like traffic condition in Lagos demand radical solutions.

But the state government has not been able to properly administer conventional solutions,
fat chance it will be able to manage the radical ones.

Just an headline grabbing measure in my opinion. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Bloody Looters Looting Democracy! / Sunny Okosuns Is Dead / Nigerian Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.