Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy (27798 Views)

Driver’s Death In LASTMA Custody Stirs Controversy / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
Akshow: Achebe is a bitter, pitiable, senile, crippled old man. Dont blame him too much, he had to Get the bitterness of decades off his chest b4 e dies. with such bitterness i Imagine it will be soon. Terrible unforgivin retarded old man.

at least he is better than your leprous, idiottic, hopeless, a$$wipe, fooolish ancestor awolowo
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Classic my a$$? I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.

Talk to me foool, stop the copy and paste, abi you wan run like your yoruba coward brothers
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Akshow: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Soyinka? I respect him for his achievement but the white man must find his writings easier to understand hence the nobel price. I can proudly say that Okigbo was a better writer than soyinka?

Okonjo iweala negotiated a debt relief for this useless country after your fathers embezzled the money after the war. It was so easy to be finance minister back then, how many banks did we have then, how many people even knew what a bank was?
guy stop fooling yourself. Nobel prize Na beans? Now i understand achebes bitterness to yorubas the more. Shey e was in the Runnin for the prestigious award along side ngugi. A yoruba man beat him to it. Settin the pace as the first African Nobel literature Prize winner. Bitter senile achebe why not let go of such hatred and spend the remainin of your crippled days wit love and peace?

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Talk to me foool, stop the copy and paste, abi you wan run like your yoruba coward brothers

Ojukwu fled to Ivory coast. We don't run. We send our general to take the surrendering spoils of war!

When you type your usual nonsense and I don't response, it's because you don't worth the effort.
I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
Akshow: guy stop fooling yourself. Nobel prize Na beans? Now i understand achebes bitterness to yorubas the more. Shey e was in the Runnin for the prestigious award along side ngugi. A yoruba man beat him to it. Settin the pace as the first African Nobel literature Prize winner. Bitter senile achebe why not let go of such hatred and spend the remainin of your crippled days wit love and peace?

Booker prize na beans? what have you yourself ever won?

if achebe is bitter he would be for soyinka but he directed the facts to the right quarters, awo was a snake and someone should say it the way it is, period.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by felifeli: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

at least he is better than your leprous, idiottic, hopeless, a$$wipe, fooolish ancestor awolowo

Little Igbo bros. Your comments all day show that you were not even born before Awolowo died. In which case Biafra , you probably have read about from Nairaland. To cap it all you have not even read Akebe's controversial book. What is your problem ?You dey smoke something ? grin grin
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Akshow: 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

hey you, run along pls. Dont patronize me.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
Akshow: guy stop fooling yourself. Nobel prize Na beans? Now i understand achebes bitterness to yorubas the more. Shey e was in the Runnin for the prestigious award along side ngugi. A yoruba man beat him to it. Settin the pace as the first African Nobel literature Prize winner. Bitter senile achebe why not let go of such hatred and spend the remainin of your crippled days wit love and peace?

Ngugi is actually a better writer than Achebe. Read their books side by side and judge for your selves. Soyinka is an all rounder from prose to drama, poems and poetry. The best among the best, the first among equals.

Achebe bitterness is incurable.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Ojukwu fled to Ivory coast. We don't run. We send our general to take the surrendering spoils of war!

When you type your usual nonsense and I don't response, it's because you don't worth the effort.
I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.

You dont run? thats why they capture you guys, torture you, shame you taint your name in history,
what has mko, diya, adisa, and akintola got in common?
they were all thiefs, coupists, cowards, rascals and cry babies in their lifetimes, history is there.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
felifeli:

Little Igbo bros. Your comments all day show that you were not even born before Awolowo died. In which case Biafra , you probably have read about from Nairaland. To cap it all you have not even read Akebe's controversial book. What is your problem ?You dey smoke something ? grin grin

I may not have been born during biafra, but i heard stories and read lots of books. What annoys me is the level of insecurity the yoruba exhibit whenever they hear an igbo man talk, them go run for una? never again, instead we shall scatter this nation wella
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Dede1(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

A man that could not remember when he graduated from high school led a country for eight years! The same remember the target to shoot during the Biafran war, he did not choose to run from war front. The same man was endorsed for presidency by your clueless leader Ojukwu! Who is stark blind here?

You are dull, slow and not bright!

Your stream of thought begs for redemption. If the test of intellect is the gauge to determine who shoots a gun or ascends to leadership position, IBB or Obasanjo should have been a drooling destitute by now.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Akshow: 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Booker prize na beans? what have you yourself ever won?

if achebe is bitter he would be for soyinka but he directed the facts to the right quarters, awo was a snake and someone should say it the way it is, period.
achebe de craze to insult a whole soyinka? i can see that the issue wit achebe and all Igbo alike is the green eyed monster. Pray deliver my message to your grand father achebe. Tell him the world is movin on and life is to short to live in betterness. Tell him in another life, wit erudite writin, not myopic igbotic writin, he might jus win the Nobel prize.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Ngugi is actually a better writer than Achebe. Read their books side by side and judge for your selves. Soyinka is an all rounder from prose to drama, poems and poetry. The best among the best, the first among equals.

Achebe bitterness is incurable.

I also respect Ngugi, soyinka and achebe but that is not the point of this whole debate.
achebe spoke his mind, he said the truth and instead of some people to objectively deny and correct him where he is wrong, every yourba man pounced on his word and started to give it an ethnic undertone. Achebe has spoken and if you dont like it, go and take a flying nosedive in the lagos lagoon!

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by cjrane: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Awo was described as a "Hawk" in Gowon's government by many accounts of the civil war.
(http://www.africamasterweb.com/CounterCoup.html )

He advocated a complete annihilation of Biafra,whereas the Head of State Gowon,actually wanted a situation where he would take measured actions against Biafra to make reconciliation and peaceful co-existence of all the major tribes would be possible after the conflict.Put differently, Gowon wanted to give Biafra a soft landing that would enable it surrender without being humiliated, while Awolowo out of some unexplained hatred pushed for a total military escalation of the conflict in order to bring Biafra to its knees no matter the cost in human lives.
(http://www.scribd.com/doc/6779049/Frederick-Forsyth-Biafra-Story )

Unfortunately, the voice of people like Awolowo prevailed and became official policy of total war of annihilation against Biafra.This hardened Biafra's resolve to fight to the finish and unfortunately led to colossal loss of lives on both sides.As Gen. Gowon had predicted, that policy of all out war had continued to haunt Nigeria and make reconciliation almost impossible from all the hatred bred by the wicked things that had happened from Awolowo's all out war stance that has ruined our country.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
cjrane: Awo was described as a "Hawk" in Gowon's government by many accounts of the civil war.

He advocated a complete annihilation of Biafra,whereas the Head of State Gowon,actually wanted a situation where he would take measured actions against Biafra to make reconciliation and peaceful co-existence of all the major tribes would be possible after the conflict.

Unfortunately, the voice of people like Awolowo prevailed and became official policy of total war of annihilation against Biafra.This hardened Biafra's resolve to fight to the finish and unfortunately led to colossal loss of lives on both sides.As Gen. Gowon had predicted, that policy of all out war had continued to haunt Nigeria and make reconciliation almost impossible from all the hatred bred by the wicked things that had happened from Awolowo's all out war stance that has ruined our country.

That is my major fear, no sane igbo man will ever contribute his full quota to the Nigerian nation which has been so brutal to the innocent civilians. And because of this all other tribes are also afraid to commit to this disjointed entity called nigeria. The housa wants to grab while the yoruba wants to hold on to the power they acquired from the igbo after the war. in all we all lose and continue to suffer poverty in a land of plenty.

I fear for this country, the whole country might never ever fully recover from the events of 1966-1970.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Yujin(m): 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
cjrane: Awo was described as a "Hawk" in Gowon's government by many accounts of the civil war.

He advocated a complete annihilation of Biafra,whereas the Head of State Gowon,actually wanted a situation where he would take measured actions against Biafra to make reconciliation and peaceful co-existence of all the major tribes would be possible after the conflict.
(http://www.scribd.com/doc/6779049/Frederick-Forsyth-Biafra-Story )

True write-up. I'd prefer to put such: Awo ruined Southern Nigeria and invariably the easiest chance to re-integrate the Igbos. What a shame! However, the Hausa/Fulanis led by Sir Ahmadu Bello destroyed a Nigeria of equality. Does he deserve to be called a hero of nigeria?
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Chuksgeo: 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
The yo-rubbers are the most cowarded tribe in this entity called nigeria, well that is a topic for another day. obafemi awo or awolowo is a nazist following his infamous 'STARVATION POLICY', and how can a tribe that have never fought a war tell war stories more than others who have? This is to show that the yo-rubbers are cowardly parrots just like the saying 'after the mens wrestling women discuss the match' this is just what the yorubas are doing, ' it is also said that if you are not when the dead is buried and you are asked to dig the corpse you will definitely start from the leg' this is typical of this ofe mmanued yo-rubbers, COWARDS! IGBO KWENU!
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Dede1:

Your stream of thought begs for redemption. If the test of intellect is the gauge to determine who shoots a gun or ascends to leadership position, IBB or Obasanjo should have been a drooling destitute by now.

Eeyah! You are not bright. Stop patronising me, who the heck gives a fck about redemption? The same man kicked your a$$ during the war. Deal with it.
Your Oxford trained clueless leader endorsed him for presidency, deal with it. If IBB was silly then Ojukwu had to more silly than silliness.

By the way, your misguided sons taught the likes of IBB how to seize power in a violent brutal way. we talk of another legacy of Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Chuksgeo: The yo-rubbers are the most cowarded tribe in this entity called nigeria, well that is a topic for another day. obafemi awo or awolowo is a nazist following his infamous 'STARVATION POLICY', and how can a tribe that have never fought a war tell war stories more than others who have? This is to show that the yo-rubbers are cowardly parrots just like the saying 'after the mens wrestling women discuss the match' this is just what the yorubas are doing, ' it is also said that if you are not when the dead is buried and you are asked to dig the corpse you will definitely start from the leg' this is typical of this ofe mmanued yo-rubbers, COWARDS! IGBO KWENU!

It's famous.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by felifeli: 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
You people please stop commenting so that I can go to sleep. grin grin grin
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Chuksgeo: 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
@ prof corruption then obafemi awolowo was a NAZIST deal with it period!
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Onlytruth(m): 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
LOL, this "Prof Corruption" is a certified goat.
He reminds me of one Yoruba woman interviewed in the video attached on page 1 of this thread.
In that video, the woman called MKO - "MK HO"! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make man laff first before commenting. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Chuksgeo: 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lol! MKO pronounced Mk HO! by a mad woman Lol! Hahahahoho!

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Balkan(m): 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
demmy:

If the highlighted were true you wouldn't whine about how Lagos landlords are not renting houses to you igboids.

And believe me from now on its going to be even more difficult for you.

Young man I have told you. You have been letting house in Lagos and give instuction to your agents to take only Yorobbers, we know all this but how many of your pple can afford it? Go and check the statistics of houses in Lagos and their owners. You will be shocked.

Go to Abuja and check the landlords of various ptties and including plazas and Hotels. Just with £20.

You can't stop the moving train. Check how many Yorubas that are tenants to Ibos in your land, you will cry and hide in shame.

How many Yorobbers can afford to by land in Lagos if not for govt. Alocations?

Your tribalism is only setting you back, its old fashioned.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Desola(f): 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption, I duff my hat to you.

On this thread alone, you have totally annihilated the ibos.

Totally enjoy reading your retorts. Splendid!

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Onlytruth(m): 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
An evil man's devilish legacy has now become internationally documented through this memoir.
Achebe owed it to the spirits of dead Eastern Nigerian children, starved to death through a federal policy designed and implemented by Awolowo -a man whose hide was saved and freed by an Eastern Nigerian son, Emeka Ojukwu.

By this memoir, Achebe has earned yet another feather to his "Ichie" hat. cool
Whenever he passes on now, he will become indoctrinated into that special immortal space in Eastern Nigerian hearts.

Congrats to the Eagle on top of the Iroko tree! cool cool cool
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by kaykad: 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
A wise man wil avoid war at al cost but shouls b ready to defend him self
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by felifeli: 12:07am On Oct 07, 2012
Hmnn. I will nominate Bros Seun for Nobel prize for proving this forum so that Igbo people can vent their anger instead of still running about naked and killing people with cutlass. Evil people will always try to cheat you and when you retaliate they start weeping all over the place.we should have given them Biafra so that Ijaw can starve them instead. Good night (yoruba) folks. Good night bros Seun.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by demmy(m): 12:17am On Oct 07, 2012
Chuksgeo: The yo-rubbers are the most cowarded tribe in this entity called nigeria, well that is a topic for another day. obafemi awo or awolowo is a nazist following his infamous 'STARVATION POLICY', and how can a tribe that have never fought a war tell war stories more than others who have? This is to show that the yo-rubbers are cowardly parrots just like the saying 'after the mens wrestling women discuss the match' this is just what the yorubas are doing, ' it is also said that if you are not when the dead is buried and you are asked to dig the corpse you will definitely start from the leg' this is typical of this ofe mmanued yo-rubbers, COWARDS! IGBO KWENU!

While you and your tribe were still waiting to be discovered in the rain forest of Orlu, Yoruba people were battling Hausa/Fulani on the battle fields as far back as the 18th century. We know them more than you do. And you should know that before garrulous igboids leaders like Ojukwu came on stage, previous igbo leaders followed the foot steps of Yoruba leaders. But thats a topic for another day. But just know that everything you know we taught you! Ibadan lemo e o mo lalupon.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 07, 2012
igbos are the most parasitic pple on earth. they steal, plunder, maim and encroaches on peoples property. Very Senile minded, Quick to mischievousness, fast in perpetrating crime. undaunted in carrying harddrugs regardless of the implications. Rugged and stupid living. Double sided mouth. If i have my way. i would chase you guys away from south west. Parasitic Conjugation called nationhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Ngodigha: 12:51am On Oct 07, 2012
lowgeorge: igbos are the most parasitic pple on earth. they steal, plunder, maim and encroaches on peoples property. Very Senile minded, Quick to mischievousness, fast in perpetrating crime. undaunted in carrying harddrugs regardless of the implications. Rugged and stupid living. Double sided mouth. If i have my way. i would chase you guys away from south west. Parasitic Conjugation called nationhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First class monkey, you should be more concerned with your joblessness than Igbo affairs. It seems anything Igbo chokes you in your sleep, idiott.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nebeuwa(m): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2012
lowgeorge: igbos are the most parasitic pple on earth. they steal, plunder, maim and encroaches on peoples property. Very Senile minded, Quick to mischievousness, fast in perpetrating crime. undaunted in carrying harddrugs regardless of the implications. Rugged and stupid living. Double sided mouth. If i have my way. i would chase you guys away from south west. Parasitic Conjugation called nationhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is words like that led to the Rwandan genocide, when the Hutu referred to the Tutsis as cockroaches.

Be guarded with your words, because everyone is human and nothing less than a man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC / Man Who Tried To Kidnap Mathew Dike In Rivers Caught (photos) / Yahaya Bello Invites Young Boy Who Drew His Portrait, Places Him On Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.