Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use (12964 Views)

BVN Deadline: See The Long Queue At Unity Bank Auchi For Bank Verification NO. / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) / CBN Orders Banks To Publish Names Of Debtors From End Of July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by MarioHeaven(m): 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
[b]In an effort to further deepen the level of financial inclusion in the country, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has approved the use of the Independent National Electoral Commission voters’ registration card as a means of identifying customers for the purpose of opening accounts or engaging in any other financial transactions.

The CBN stated that the development was necessary in order to reduce the number of unbanked people.

The apex bank also adopted uniform account opening forms for use by banks and other financial institutions for the purpose of opening accounts for their customers,

In a circular to all banks and other financial institutions titled ‘Inclusion of Independent Electoral Commission Voter’s Registration Card as a Means of Customer Identification,’ the apex bank said: “Further to our circular on AML/CFT Regulation 2009 on acceptable means of identification for the purpose of account opening and transaction of banking business in Nigeria, it has become necessary as a result of the need to enhance financial inclusion, to extend the acceptable identification options.”[/b]

The circular signed by Amugo K. N for the CBN director, financial policy and regulation department, directed that “all banks and other financial institutions are hereby advised to accept INEC Voter’s Registration Card duly issued by INEC, bearing the holder’s particulars such as name, photograph, date of birth and address as valid additional means of identification of natural persons for the purpose of conducting banking business in Nigeria.”

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=39372

The central bank of nig. has orderd banks to use or accept voters card for bank transactions to enhance the new bank restructuring. Could go a long way to save the banking sector considering the changes of voters card in nigeria in evry voting period? Your sugestions pls.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by uboma(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
Please state the source of your information

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by MarioHeaven(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
The source of my info, is nta ntwork news 9pm news.

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by 1025: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
when i first hear this news, shame catch me because if u see how my face be for my voters'card, no be person go tell u.
any computer literate can arrange that voters' card.
make God punish devil.
sometimes, i go bring out my own and i go begin dey ask wetin jega use our billions do.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by jereal(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
this is great news...!

GTB would not let me open an account with them some months back cos I had no drivers licence, national ID or international passport...

Now I can bounce in anytime time soon and eventually have that master cardgrin

and believe me I know alot of people out there like me...its a great move by CBN...!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by bankyblue(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Makes my job so easy..and more customer base for me. Thank God o
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by searchcorp(m): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Social security number for everybody! How about that?
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
searchcorp: Social security number for everybody! How about that?

Ehm, you think that's achievable in a country like Nigeria? Ordinary census = plenty errors. . .

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by hydeekam: 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
The purpose of which we live is the purpose of our existence i.e (ONI REASON) Gud move
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Great news, wonderful.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by searchcorp(m): 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
HQ:

Ehm, you think that's achievable in a country like Nigeria? Ordinary census = plenty errors. . .

That's what my generation will fix.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by sonyjacobs(m): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
@bankyblue, i guess u must be a marketer in a bank. grin
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Bunchersstab(m): 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
E don tay wey dem dey collect am 4 me
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by SlyIg(f): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
Which one is d voters card pls? Is it that one people used to go out in the night to queue up to register so that they can vote for GEJ?
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Iolo(m): 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
Great move. This has potential to include millions of unbanked folks into the system.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Iolo(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
SlyIg: Which one is d voters card pls? Is it that one people used to go out in the night to queue up to register so that they can vote for GEJ?

Yes basically. That's the temporary voters card issued for the 2011 elections. Each has ur photo, and personal bio as well as finger print markings to know if all your fingers were captured during the exercise.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by emmanwandud(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
NICE MOVE BY CBN,ANYWAY ITS A FULFULMENT OF D BIBLE PROPHECY OF D ANTICHRIST AND VERY SOON SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS,,,,MY FELLOW NLANDERS LETS MAKE OUR HEARTS RIGHT WITH GOD AND ESCAPE D IMPENDING DOOM

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Iolo(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
emmanwandud: NICE MOVE BY CBN,ANYWAY ITS A FULFULMENT OF D BIBLE PROPHECY OF D ANTICHRIST AND VERY SOON SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS,,,,MY FELLOW NLANDERS LETS MAKE OUR HEARTS RIGHT WITH GOD AND ESCAPE D IMPENDING DOOM

Sorry to say but your IQ is on the really low side.

How does voters card, social security numbers fulfill the prophecy of the antichrist? Stop being soo...

I am christian btw.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by a1solution: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
That means everybody can now bank. Its a welcome development.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by postemail: 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
What happened to the funds for national iD?
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by Youngzedd(m): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
emmanwandud: NICE MOVE BY CBN,ANYWAY ITS A FULFULMENT OF D BIBLE PROPHECY OF D ANTICHRIST AND VERY SOON SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS,,,,MY FELLOW NLANDERS LETS MAKE OUR HEARTS RIGHT WITH GOD AND ESCAPE D IMPENDING DOOM

Sorry to vomit this.

You be Johnbull.
Confirm Nwajohnpa.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by legalwealth(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
We thank geja for this
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by farvee: 10:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ooops, how can i creat a tread
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by farvee: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
OOops,how can i create a thread
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by menix(m): 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
Fraud made easy...
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by feminancy(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
wow this sound good . My customers now would have somthing to present if they dont have thire i.d's
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by ZeusI: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
SlyIg: Which one is d voters card pls? Is it that one people used to go out in the night to queue up to register so that they can vote for GEJ?
No. The one you use while visiting that lagos hotel like 'xxxxxxx' to see that may-soon-be muderer without parental consent! Beware!cheesycheesy:p
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by frainc(m): 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
nice move
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by chucky234(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
Why is this news when banks has been accepting the voters card since 2011,I have opened accounts for my siblings with their voters card especially at Eco Bank.
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by AMEBO2BUSY: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote author=searchcorp]
Yes,u will fix it, if only allowed by all these lunatic ,especially DG of NIMC who is hell bent to frustrate proper identication of citizenry, imagine the man single handedly sacking all staff of NIMC dat produce N-ID CARD
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by iykemanchi(m): 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
Iolo:

Sorry to say but your IQ is on the really low side.

How does voters card, social security numbers fulfill the prophecy of the antichrist? Stop being soo...

I am christian btw.

Then think like one
Re: CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use by AMEBO2BUSY: 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
post.email:
What happened to the funds for national iD?
Pls tell them EFCC are just sitting on d fence. The DG in NATIONAL IDENTITY MGT. COM. is busy frustating d dream of getting it done and our president is indifferent 2 d proj

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? / Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria / "We Have Recovered N644bn" - AMCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.