Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. (9681 Views)

Is It Appropriate To Integrate Sexual Educ Into Informal Education For Children? / Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? / Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by shaibolo(m): 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
@Op, you did not state your preference (education, entertainment etc). However, if you must allow your kids to watch tv, DSTV Channel 319 (Learn) is recommended.

1 Like

Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by CHIPPO1: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
I will recommend Barney...
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by destinedtee(m): 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
juman: I remember the days of "tales by moonlight".
abi o my brother cheesy
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by destinedtee(m): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
shaibolo: @Op, you did not state your preference (education, entertainment etc). However, if you must allow your kids to watch tv, DSTV Channel 319 (Learn) is recommended.
Thanks Shaibolo smiley...Sincerely,i believe you have stated the right preferences which are education and entertainment.I think that is what kids need primarily ...Education also includes good moral upbringing i believe.Thanks.
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by Ngodigha: 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT (WWE).
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by EfemenaXY: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
^^ Lol! My boys love that show!

@Poster, for the very young kids / babies (0 - 12 months), Teletubbies is a good one.

The colours on Tinky-winky, Dipsy, La-la and Poh keep my little girl (7months) captivated. At least it keeps her quite during meal times! grin grin
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by davies123: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
destinedtee: There are lots of programs running on the screen today and some of them are just junks.Can you please mention some good TV programs which you feel will make a positive impact on Children.Thanks
Almost all the programs on Dstv Disney Junior Channel got a pass mark for kids
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by MrHim(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Samanja undecided
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by mikolo80: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
VOLTRON DANGER MOUSE TURTLES THUNDERSUB THUNDERCATS SESAME STREET
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by bizideas2(m): 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kung fu Panda.Dstv channel 305
The Poo guy get real sense of humor.The sense of humor they will learn from the POO guy will go a long way in helping them survive in our country.Because wahala dey every where and you need a sense of humor to maintain your sanity.
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by dabrake(m): 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
world strongest man grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by timpaker(m): 1:01am On Oct 07, 2012
i recommend ''Having S*x in 3D'' showing on Nilesat
''Seven tales of the continent'', ''babyman'' (showing on nilesat i can't remember the channel)
and ''destiny kids''
NOTE: i suggest the programmee should be seen from bottom-top.
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by jibosqie(m): 7:01am On Oct 07, 2012
Dr WHO
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by xtayle(m): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2012
destinedtee:
Thanks Shaibolo smiley...Sincerely,i believe you have stated the right preferences which are education and entertainment.I think that is what kids need primarily ...Education also includes good moral upbringing i believe.Thanks.

Add children classics like "The Sound of Music", "Baby's Day Out" and "Mrs Doubtfire". My kids are never tired of them.

1 Like

Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by Eltonluigi(m): 11:41am On Oct 07, 2012
The Simpsons,
Family Guy.
Please don't get them close to anything like Southpark!
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by gat2so(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Tom & jerry ,,,Mr bean,,,
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by destinedtee(m): 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
xtayle:

Add children classics like "The Sound of Music", "Baby's Day Out" and "Mrs Doubtfire". My kids are never tired of them.
Thanks sir.
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by ayox2003: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2012
Ngodigha: World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT (WWE).

Ah! shocked shocked

Hope say u get methylated spirit and first-aid box for house.

Frawzey
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 10, 2012
the less TV your kids watch the better. Get them books. I will always be grateful to my mom for taking our TV away in place of a full library. Shaped us real good.

1 Like

Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by maclatunji: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
biz.ideas:
Kung fu Panda.Dstv channel 305
The Poo guy get real sense of humor.The sense of humor they will learn from the POO guy will go a long way in helping them survive in our country.Because wahala dey every where and you need a sense of humor to maintain your sanity.

Winnie is classic!
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by maclatunji: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Discovery Channel or National Geographic.
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Dora the explorer
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory( still have passion for it grin)
peter pan
Bbc knowledge and other interesting discovery
Charlie Brown wink
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Dora the explorer
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory( still have passion for it grin)
peter pan
Bbc knowledge and other interesting discoveries tv programs
Charlie Brown wink
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by 33komkom(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
TELLS BY MOON LIGHT
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by goist(m): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
I will strongly recommend that popular 9ja kidies programme in d 80s aπϑ 90s called 'speak out' aπϑ "tales by moon light". I also reckon kids of dis days will like d dramas acted by our national assembly.
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by koolnd: 3:04pm On May 20, 2019
Assessment of Television Programmes on Nigerian Girl Child Educational Development, in Portharcourt Metropolis.

Television programme can be of a general benefit to children. It can bring them into contact with aspects of life they would not otherwise become aware of, it can provide a valuable tool in the home and...

http://www.scharticles.com/assessment-of-television-programmes-on-nigerian-girl-child-educational-development/
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by ifyalways(f): 4:28pm On May 20, 2019
I will mention the ones i watch with my grands, when we can sad

Thomas and Friends
The Johnsons tongue
Elena of avalor
Vamprina
Nneka and Friends
Turtle Taidoo( i even want to be on the show live) grin cheesy grin
Cowpellpedia

Those are my favourites and i can sing, dance to all the theme songs. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by Trendytessy(f): 5:43pm On May 20, 2019
Mickey mouse clubhouse
Doc Mcstuffins
Sophia the first
Elena of avalor..

Almost all the shows on Disney junior are okay for kids
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 21, 2019
ifyalways:
I will mention the ones i watch with my grands, when we can sad

Thomas and Friends
The Johnsons tongue
Elena of avalor
Vamprina
Nneka and Friends
Turtle Taidoo( i even want to be on the show live) grin cheesy grin
Cowpellpedia

Those are my favourites and i can sing, dance to all the theme songs. cheesy

Nneka and friends? What channel is that pls?
Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by ifyalways(f): 7:09pm On May 21, 2019
smiley
thelastorca:

Nneka and friends? What channel is that pls?

1 Like

Re: Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. by ifyalways(f): 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
Cowbellpedia is back, teachers edition. Where are all the Nld teachers o cheesy No female teacher playing angry Ishilove grin

Most of the female teachers(graduates inclusive) dey one mgbeke nursery school dey collect 10K monthly. cry

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should A Primary Child Be In A Boarding School? / SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You / Why Did You Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.