Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin (8864 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Germannig: 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2008
NDLEA Chief Releases Names Of Drug Deportees
BY WOLE SHADARE

NATIONAL Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), chairman, Ahmadu Giade has warned Nigerians deported from the United States on drug related offences not to bring the image of the country into disrepute.

advertisement

Giade gave the warning when 19 drug deportees intercepted at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Command of the Agency were transferred to the Agency's headquarters at Ikoyi last Thursday.

According to the NDLEA boss "there are Nigerians that have made the country proud in the United States; we will therefore resist any attempt by a few to indulge in ignoble acts such as drug trafficking."

He gave the names of the deportees as Elabor Francis, 68, from Edo State, Nwachia Hypolitus, 48, from Imo State, Innocent Omorogie, 35, from Lagos, Omozua Emmanuel Omoruyi, 26, from Edo State, Tommiwa Kolly Jas, 40, from Ogun State, Ogunsanwo Ogunniran, 29, from Lagos State, Ani Humphrey Chiedozi, 50, from Enugu State, Lawal Shamsudeen, 49, Lagos, Akinsola Rashida Olayinka, 46, Lagos State, and Adebayo Emmanuel, 46, Kwara,

Others are: Amadi Okechukwu Mummee, 55, Imo State, Aduleja Anthony, 53, Ekiti State, Ojomu Babatunde, 29, Lagos State, Oyetunji Oyediran, 47, Oyo State, Anyaegbu Chukwubuike, 45, Anambra State, Ezebuike Princewill, 46, Imo State, Sofunwa Albert Olatunji, 54, Ogun State, Shennaike Adegoke Adebayo, 48, Lagos State and Oragbon Michael Osai, 43, Edo State.

Preliminary investigation report conducted by the Agency shows that the deportees have served various jail terms ranging from five months to 16 years.

Six of the deportees are from Lagos State. Three each are from Edo and Imo States.

Two are from Ogun State while Anambra, Enugu, Ekiti, Kwara and Oyo States have one each.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jan/19/19.html

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by osisi5: 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2008
From the statistics above

11 of the drug dealers were Yorubas

5 were Igbos

3 were Edo.

I heard someone earlier saying Igbos commit all the crimes in Naija.
The culprits seem to be distributed.
From now on,I'm Calabar

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by presido1: 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2008
I concur but still remain Igbo.Forget all those igbo bashers that will not let igbo go.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2008
its all the same, its jus cos the igbo ones havent been caught.thank God i'm calabar. grin

1 Like

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by presido1: 11:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
olrotimi:

its all the same, its jus because the igbo ones havent been caught.thank God i'm calabar. grin
Oluruwaju Rotimi na calabar name? last time i check calabarians ansa names like Effiong, Offiong,Ede,Udong Ekang and the rest ngs.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2008
havent u heard of a riverian answering rotimi? my constitutin allows ne to be a citizen of a place by some requirements.and am proud to have met them, meaning, am no more a yoruba, hurray!!! grin cool
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by presido1: 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2008
olrotimi:

havent u heard of a riverian answering rotimi? my constitutin allows ne to be a citizen of a place by some requirements.and am proud to have met them, meaning, am no more a yoruba, hurray!!! grin cool
THAT IS TO SAY YOU HAVE DENIED YOUR PEOPLE. CHEI SWAPPING YORUBA FOR N-DELTA. ANYWAY HOW NO WAN BETTER THING SEF.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Bankole01(m): 11:38pm On Jan 18, 2008
+osisi:

From the statistics above

11 of the drug dealers were Yorubas

5 were Igbos

3 were Edo.

I heard someone earlier saying Igbos commit all the crimes in Naija.
The culprits seem to be distributed.
From now on,I'm Calabar

Just because a person says he is from Lagos State does not make him a Yoruba. A lot of Igbo guys born in Lagos claim the State and speak fluent Yoruba.
Without being tribalistic, most drug trafickers are of Igbo persuasion, followed by the Yoruba.
When it comes to prostitution rings, The Edo wins hands down!

3 Likes

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by presido1: 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2008
Bros no igbo born in lagos claim to be yoruba. Even igbos born in ooshogbo or ilesha never claim to be yoruba. Igbo man is Igbo man anywhere you find him. His name will even tell you. Likewise no yoruba claims to be igbo irrespective of birth place.
They speak yoruba does not mean they are yoruba.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ presido 1, bros if you dont comfortable with ur tribe pls feel free to change.this life is too short to be restricted from the good things.like kanye west sang, welcome to the good liiiiife grin
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Bankole01(m): 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2008
olrotimi:

@ presido 1, bros if you don't comfortable with your tribe please feel free to change.this life is too short to be restricted from the good things.like kanye west sang, welcome to the good liiiiife grin

Correction, I didn't say Igbo in Lagos claim to be Yoruba. You can be Igbo and still be from Lagos State. A person could be Yoruba and live in Umuahia and claim to be from Imo State. Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by osisi5: 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2008
Bankole01:

Correction, I didn't say Igbo in Lagos claim to be Yoruba. You can be Igbo and still be from Lagos State. A person could be Yoruba and live in Umuahia and claim to be from Imo State. Nothing wrong with that.

You are a bald faced liar.
You and I know that no Igbos in Lagos say their state of origin is Lagos state.
I was waiting for someone to come make this claim.
There was some other Yoruba tribalist that sais Igbos commit the most crimes but that has been proven wrong time and time again.

Can I also say the ones from Imo could be hausas in Igboland?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by presido1: 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2008
There is notting wrong with it but it never happens. Yoruba man claiming to be Igbo or Igbo man Claiming to be yoruba. Never!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by osisi5: 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2008
Bankole01:

Just because a person says he is from Lagos State does not make him a Yoruba. A lot of Igbo guys born in Lagos claim the State and speak fluent Yoruba.

Show me your proof.
An Igboman born and bred in Onitsha whose parents are from Enugu would never claim Onitsha as his hometown.

Without being tribalistic, most drug trafickers are of Igbo persuasion, followed by the Yoruba

show me your proof!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by osisi5: 12:00am On Jan 19, 2008
Bankole01:

That never happens in Nigeria.
Everything is down to state of origin ie where your fathers came from.
We don't have an Emeka Okolo from Ogun State or Olujimi Akinloye from Abia state.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 19, 2008
@ osisi careful, here ou've got an olurotimi seun from calabar.weird?
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by osisi5: 12:16am On Jan 19, 2008
I've heard this Igbo this, Igbo that too many times and it's plain annoying.
This old article may throw some light.
Nigerians commit crime and the criminals are from all the tribes.

One of the earliest known cases of drug abuse involving a Nigerian was the fate of one Iyabo Olorunkoya, who was sentenced to jail in the 1970s following an attempt to smuggle marijuana into the United Kingdom.

In the mid-1980s, during the General Mohammadu Buhari-led regime, two Nigerians, Messrs Wahab Ojuolape and Bartholomew Owoh as well as a third victim were executed under a peculiar decree drawn to take retroactive effect. Curiously, even this law and other draconian measures devised to deter drug traffickers, appeared insufficient, for about that same period, one Morenike Fausatu Lawal almost made it into history books as the first woman to be killed by firing squad for drug trafficking in Nigeria. Then came the Gloria Okon saga, where a suspected drug courier believed to have died in prison custody, ressurected overseas.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/travels/2005/july/28/travels-28-07-2005-001.htm

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by debosky(m): 12:23am On Jan 19, 2008
all these do not prove anything, na all of us dey do the thing.

Today they caught 11 yoruba people, tomorrow they may catch 17 edo people. You'd need overall statistics to make any genuine claims.
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by oldie(m): 12:56am On Jan 19, 2008
Were they arrested as Igbos/Yorubas/Edos?
They were arrested as Nigerians!
Enough of this tribal bulk-passing
This tribal thing is getting tedious on this forum
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by osisi5: 1:10am On Jan 19, 2008
It's so true.
Outside of Nigeria no one cares what tribal origin our criminals are from but many Yoruba nairalanders at various times have accused Igbos of being the main criminals in Nigeria
and that criminalisation of the Igbo nation is what I would not let anyone get away it.
Nigerians commit crimes,that's it.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by naijaking1: 1:10am On Jan 19, 2008
Foolish southerns dying to see who is cleaner, ever wondered why many Hausa/Fulani guys don't bother wasting time overseas job?

I mean the equally educated HND/B.Sc holders from the north.

While all the criminals arrested overseas are from Yoruba, Igbo, Edo, Ijaw, Ibibio, etc areas of Nigeria, the permenent secretaries, directors of the ministries, civil servants in Nigeria are from the northern part of Nigeria.

This is really what we ought to be arguing about in this thread.

Guys, wake up and smell the coffee or the marijuana---- or whatever opens your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Bankole01(m): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2008
naijaking1:

Foolish southerns dying to see who is cleaner, ever wondered why many Hausa/Fulani guys don't bother wasting time overseas job?

I mean the equally educated HND/B.Sc holders from the north.

While all the criminals arrested overseas are from Yoruba, Igbo, Edo, Ijaw, Ibibio, etc areas of Nigeria, the permenent secretaries, directors of the ministries, civil servants in Nigeria are from the northern part of Nigeria.

This is really what we ought to be arguing about in this thread.

Guys, wake up and smell the coffee or the marijuana---- or whatever opens your eyes.

I have to agree with you. The ajegoros don take over Nigeria. This is why the rest of us fight over crumbs!
Enough brothers: Lets work together to reclaim what belongs to us.
At least we don't rape little girls!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Germannig: 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2008
A northern Nigerian, who was the ambassador to Ireland once told the Irish government that all of the Nigerian rogues (bad guys) operating outside of the country were southerners.
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by naijaking1: 9:53pm On Jan 19, 2008
Germannig:

A northern Nigerian, who was the ambassador to Ireland once told the Irish government that all of the Nigerian rogues (bad guys) operating outside of the country were southerners.

It is very surprising how the Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Edos, Ibibios fight amongst themselves giving the northerners all the rooms thay need to manipulate Nigeria.

Shame on the sensless southerners.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by almondjoy(f): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2008
oldie:

Were they arrested as Igbos/Yorubas/Edos?
They were arrested as Nigerians!
Enough of this tribal bulk-passing
This tribal thing is getting tedious on this forum

Thank you jare!  If the Nigerian government spend time and resources taking care of the mentally and spiritually abused citizens in Nigeria, maybe many graduates will secure gainful employment.

Who cares where the drug dealers are from?  Like if an American is caught in the Olympics for using steriods they would stress that he or she is from Alabama or Missouraaaaaaaaaaaa?

naijaking1:

It is very surprising how the Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Edos, Ibibios fight amongst themselves giving the northerners all the rooms thay need to manipulate Nigeria.

My sentiments exactly! Thank you very much!  The day we will look at ourselves as southerners below the River Benue and have an iota of shame for the way we treat ourselves, then I will know that we really have Christains in Nigeria.  Till then, na joke we dey joke!

Next time I come to this world, If I do not come as a white man or woman, please let me come as a Northern man or woman.  Southerners are just too disgraceful.  You guys are here bickering without trying to figure out why you will never have a southern president in Nigeria for the next 50 years! Since OBJ having got mad that the Third Term Agenda failed woefully, sold NIgerians to the Northerners once again. Do not get me wrong, for if he won fair and square-that would have been a good thing.  Yaradua never won any elections and you are here quarrelling amongst yourselves as usual? undecided In this 2008 again?  Una no get shame at all!  The very reason I can never associate myself with most southerners--if at all, with a long spoon.  Longer than I will even use for dealing with the devil himself.  I would rather deal with a northerner anyday even with the jihadist extremism!  They are far better anytime, anyday!

God forbid bad thing!

1 Like

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by naijaking1: 11:49am On Jan 20, 2008
@Almondjoy

That's pure almond taste there for you.

You go girl!
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by kainos76(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2008
Nigerians when will u people stop being tribalistic? I am sure if those people alleged to be engaged in drug trafficking won the Nobel prize this thread would actually read "Nigerian a Nobe prize winner". It's a shame that success has many wives but seeming failure is a destitute.
Lets be real folks those culprits were Nigerians period! Lets stop passing the buck and start taking responsibilities for the woes our compatriots committed.
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by toshmann(m): 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2008
you guys forgot something. . . . all the criminals are nigerians the foreign police does not know which is ibo yoruba or efik.
i think as a nation we have failed woefully. we are so interested in unimportant issues leaving the real issues unattended to. here is a case of drug crooks and instead of facing the shame they brought on the nation we are busy fighting where they come from.
just recently the ex-president's son said a lot of things and instead of us to question the contracts he said OBJ awarded to his daughter-in-law we are interested in the sexual stories that wont mean anything in our economy.

una no de shame? even the failed elections in far away kenya is seen as an african failure in internatiional communities. drug crooks are seen as a nigerian failure by africans and we are busy fighting for their tribes.

tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by willy4: 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2008
naijaking1:

Yorubas are the people who caused it, They prefer to ally and help Northerners kill their fellow southerners rather than help the southerner.
They will tell you some thing but at your back, they will do the opposite. Even at this moment Yoruba soldiers are helping Northerners kill unarmed Ijaw Children instead of helping them.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by Esss(m): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2008
@ Toshmann

You said it like a true born sensible Nigerian. (i.e one of the ones chopping our money in gorvernment)  angry

@ Almondjoy

The Southern blood in me is saying I should Kidnap you, and ask for a very large ransom, but all you said is the truth.

I have said it time without number, we southerners are one of the dumbest peeps in the country. Oya make una clap for una selves, we don finally win, na yoruba people dey commit all the crimes for area, but who be the past presido wey just commot?? who dey now?? who go enta next?? I fit still bet say the next wan sef no go be  lipsrsealed man.

We as a nation have had our minds beclouded with such trivial issues such as tribalism and who commits more crimes Igbos or yorubas and the crooks are having more time to loot the country dry. Instead of uniting we are busy pointing fingers.
O.K I agree, four of my uncles in Canada are drug dealers all from enugu state, another six are in the US dealing crack-cocaine all from Onitsha so?? What does this change??
At least these folks made an effort to better their lives (although they went about it the wrong way) and were caught. Its better to try than to sit idle and die of starvation.

We will all be identified by the colour of our passports and not the tribal marks on our faces??

N.B; At all these igbo bashers, y'all are the reason we are having this arguement in the first place.  The Igbos are very industrous people who have made their marks in the different trades/businesses they are involved in. So I strongly advice that you change your mind set about us. You heard??
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by naijaking1: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2008
@Esss

You sound Nigerian, but very, very, very questionably Igbo.

I wouldn't matter if you had not gone out of your way to make a fool of yourself.
Re: Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin by boladez(m): 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2008
Truly this is not a matter of tribe or ethnic origins it is a Nigerian Problem!!!!

To the white man, we are all NIGERIANs it dosent really matter the tribe, im sad and ashamed cos that is a further dent on our image, cry

At London Heathrow Airport they have a screening area specially for Nigerians , and a seperate one for other Africans!!!!!!!!!! They usually post rude, insolent wicked looking Idians and "by force Brits" to check Nigerians.
Even here in Africa, eg South Africa, Kenya , or even Ghana Nigerians are viewed as criminals and treated harshly without any form of decorum.

Please please leave this tribal thing to rest and let us join hands to stop these BASTARDS who are spoiling our image world over!!!!!!!, then can we move forward as a people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts / I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows / A.P.C Governor M.A Abubarkar Loses Primary Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.