Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,653 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

NYSC Batch A 2013 House - NYSC (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Batch A 2013 House (342522 Views)

Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / A Thread For Batch A 2013 Corpers Posted To ONDO State / NYSC Adjust Batch A 2013 Mobilization See The New Time Table Here . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by floridarh(f): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2012
@parkac and sandylurv...thanks alot for the info.
@ignis...wats the condition am all ears.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2012
Morning every1.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by ignis: 9:43am On Dec 12, 2012
floridarh: @parkac and sandylurv...thanks alot for the info.
@ignis...wats the condition am all ears.
The condition is this, you will pay me 5% of the total sum of the budget. Do we have a deal?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by braine(m): 9:45am On Dec 12, 2012
autumn.flower:
I just saw pics of lagos camp and my fears has just been confirmed.. Am so scared.

Morning folks

Lagos has always been a 'no no' for me from day one. The environment alone is nothing to talk about. I believe in adapting to where ever one is posted to; except the Boko Haram states.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by autumnflower(f): 9:51am On Dec 12, 2012
braine:

Lagos has always been a 'no no' for me from day one. The environment alone is nothing to talk about. I believe in adapting to where ever one is posted to; except the Boko Haram states.
I use to have the same perception, but realized life is about taking chances, what's the point of adapting somewhere there are no chances to take? Get my gist?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by floridarh(f): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2012
ignis:
The condition is this, you will pay me 5% of the total sum of the budget. Do we have a deal?
we wuld hav a deal only on one condition...dat is if all wat u tell me to put on the list eventually goes into my final list.agreed?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by An0nimus: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2012
A lot of activity on here though lol...morning folks!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by braine(m): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2012
autumn.flower:

I use to have the same perception, but realized life is about taking chances, what's the point of adapting somewhere there are no chances to take? Get my gist?

By chances you mean career wise? Or the environment?
What's really the use of serving in Lagos when corpers are only going to be in four areas only? Ofcourse, Lagos may be a good place for some people. But for someone like who has lived and schooled in Lagos, I'd preffer exploring somewhere new since I'm going to end up coming back to this same stressful Lagos.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by yokiti: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2012
ogbeche77:
Lollz... All road may lead there if you want ooo... I redeployed to Ogun after camp in katsina.. But most of my friends in camp stayed back, one had the intension of redeploying before getting to camp, but with the camp experience, many changed there mind, and I believe they will enjoy there stay minus the harsh weather ooo

I know someone serving there (Katsina) currently though in Batch B.

Left for the crises that are not predictable in the north, rural states (apologies to anyone that does not subscribe to that) are the best place to take care of one self with the paltry #19500 as the cost of living there is low.

Unless, you are earning above #50,000 and have free acomodation coupled with a close ppa to your residence... states like Lagos, Port Harcourt and FCT is a no go area for corpers.

People that want to be close to centre of innovation and information may have different views from what I wrote up there.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by ignis: 10:49am On Dec 12, 2012
floridarh: we wuld hav a deal only on one condition...dat is if all wat u tell me to put on the list eventually goes into my final list.agreed?
Please..... I beg to disagree ma. Your condition is not plausible.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by autumnflower(f): 10:51am On Dec 12, 2012
braine:

By chances you mean career wise? Or the environment?
What's really the use of serving in Lagos when corpers are only going to be in four areas only? Ofcourse, Lagos may be a good place for some people. But for someone like who has lived and schooled in Lagos, I'd preffer exploring somewhere new since I'm going to end up coming back to this same stressful Lagos.
Career wise.
I believe there is an exeption to every rule, hopefully I'll be. Unlike you I have never been to lagos, under normal circumstances would I like to leave my confort zone and go there, no! But, the earlier you set up shop, the better.
So where are you hoping for, don't tell me anywhere, because that's not true. Everyone, has a place in mind.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by autumnflower(f): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2012
yokiti:

Left for the crises that are not predictable in the north, rural states (apologies to anyone that does not subscribe to that) are the best place to take care of one self with the paltry #19500 as the cost of living there is low.

Unless, you are earning above #50,000 and have free acomodation coupled with a close ppa to your residence... states like Lagos, Port Harcourt and FCT is a no go area for corpers.

People that want to be close to centre of innovation and information may have different views from what I wrote up there.
You just succeeded in scaring me the more.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by oklasteve(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2012
Aloha..to all BA13! I am one of the foreign-trained Nigerians..Could anyone help inform me if it's possible for me to do my registration by sending my certificates and other docs before the dead line 24th Jan,2013..cos i can only be in the country by mid February.I will appreciate your kind and elaborate advice and suggestions...
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2012
yokiti:

Uncle Sam...Uncle Sam,I understand u're trying to give caution...bt it aint dat bad..c'mon!! Lolz....Anyways,like I said before,if u live in these cities or have family or frnds there,its nt dat difficult..However,be prepared to hustle 4x more than ur counterparts in other states and keep ur eyes open for opportunities.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by angelajuni(f): 11:49am On Dec 12, 2012
Ellylace: Uncle Sam...Uncle Sam,I understand u're trying to give caution...bt it aint dat bad..c'mon!! Lolz....Anyways,like I said before,if u live in these cities or have family or frnds there,its nt dat difficult..However,be prepared to hustle 4x more than ur counterparts in other states and keep ur eyes open for opportunities.
no mind bro sam.......itz nt dat bad esp when u have a family,relatives n friends that can cover accomodation,feeding espcially......but truth be said,it wld be vry difficult for pple coming to lagos 4 d very 1st time cos lagos is actuallya lot more expensive than most cities in Nigeria(i have lived in Enugu n Owerri) espcially cost of transportation........but d big edge is dat u have info and quick access to job and career oppurtunities,hussle packages nd even xsams and stuff.......but all said no matter where you go to (even in lagos or zamfara) na still God go bless ur hussle........
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2012
Scary reviews of lagos cry
I hope †☺ serve in lagos,neva been dere bt I hope †☺ get my own place.shud I be scared?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by autumnflower(f): 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
sandylurv: Scary reviews of lagos cry
I hope †☺ serve in lagos,neva been dere bt I hope †☺ get my own place.shud I be scared?
I guess were in this together. Am scared!!!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
autumn.flower:

I guess were in this together. Am scared!!!
no need to be scared gurls...start nw and make ur enquiries and connections..and if u can,try and visit lag before march..so u can be familiar wif d place and ease ur worries..
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by autumnflower(f): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ellylace: no need to be scared gurls...start nw and make ur enquiries and connections..and if u can,try and visit lag before march..so u can be familiar wif d place and ease ur worries..
Connections with who? I don't have family or relatives there, I was hoping to get my own place just like how sandylurv said. If I am sure of a good organisation, not teaching, I am willing to risk it, but as it stands now.. cry
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
....And one more thing,when the preliminary numbers are released,start working ur posting on time,or u wnt get lagos..d crowd is mind blowing!!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by angelajuni(f): 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
sandylurv: Scary reviews of lagos cry
i sincerely didnt put that up to scare js make up ur mind and come to lagos prepared 4 whateva d situation........if u havnt stayed in lagos b4 nd ur runz 4 d lagos package is sure.......why not come here in January and get used to the system by march,so u no go b JJC by d@ tym nd u for don knw hw go dey go........bt what i wld still is Lagos is nt Heaven or Newyork......itz nt a guarantee for success nd itz nt very different frm oda cities in Nigeria......na js gra gra way dey nothing more........big shout to you though
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
autumn.flower:

Connections with who? I don't have family or relatives there, I was hoping to get my own place just like how sandylurv said. If I am sure of a good organisation, not teaching, I am willing to risk it, but as it stands now.. cry
surely,u have frnds who have served in lag before...dnt u? As for gettin a good organisation,my dear,keep ur fingaz crossed...
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
Tnx Elly,I'vε̲̣̣̣̥ bin asking questions nd frm wat I'vε̲̣̣̣̥ gathered ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ far,lagos iz rowdy,nd cost of transportation iz outrageous.Also heard u can spend a whole day in traffic.hmmmmm!
Personally I dnt mind teaching,I jst hope †☺ get a decent place †☺ stay veri close †☺ whereva I'm gonna teach,dat wat I can cut down on transportation xpenses.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by angelajuni(f): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ellylace: ....And one more thing,when the preliminary numbers are released,start working ur posting on time,or u wnt get lagos..d crowd is mind blowing!!
e b lyk say na u be chair-lady 4 d runzzing matter.........lol........how u doing today?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
angelajuni:
i sincerely didnt put that up to scare js make up ur mind and come to lagos prepared 4 whateva d situation........if u havnt stayed in lagos b4 nd ur runz 4 d lagos package is sure.......why not come here in January and get used to the system by march,so u no go b JJC by d@ tym nd u for don knw hw go dey go........bt what i wld still is Lagos is nt Heaven or Newyork......itz nt a guarantee for success nd itz nt very different frm oda cities in Nigeria......na js gra gra way dey nothing more........big shout to you though
Tnx dear,I promise nt †☺ be scared anymore,loolzz
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
sandylurv: Tnx Elly,I'vε̲̣̣̣̥ bin asking questions nd frm wat I'vε̲̣̣̣̥ gathered ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ far,lagos iz rowdy,nd cost of transportation iz outrageous.Also heard u can spend a whole day in traffic.hmmmmm!
Personally I dnt mind teaching,I jst hope †☺ get a decent place †☺ stay veri close †☺ whereva I'm gonna teach,dat wat I can cut down on transportation xpenses.
Nw dats d spirit!!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
angelajuni:
e b lyk say na u be chair-lady 4 d runzzing matter.........lol........how u doing today?
rotfl..my dear,its a dog eat dog world..no tym for dulling o wink I'm gud dear;heading to d market soon..u?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by angelajuni(f): 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ellylace: rotfl..my dear,its a dog eat dog world..no tym for dulling o wink I'm gud dear;heading to d market soon..u?
my dear!!!!......na so.i am good o.....i js dey haus they hear wetin angels like u dey talk 4 nairaland......u'v refused to send me a request on fezbk.....why na?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Ellylace(f): 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
angelajuni:
my dear!!!!......na so.i am good o.....i js dey haus they hear wetin angels like u dey talk 4 nairaland......u'v refused to send me a request on fezbk.....why na?
tried to..bt there were several ppl. Wif exactly d same name as urs..add me instead; Elaine Okafor
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by braine(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
autumn.flower:

Career wise.
I believe there is an exeption to every rule, hopefully I'll be. Unlike you I have never been to lagos, under normal circumstances would I like to leave my confort zone and go there, no! But, the earlier you set up shop, the better.
So where are you hoping for, don't tell me anywhere, because that's not true. Everyone, has a place in mind.

I prefer a very remote area somewhere in the South such as an area in Rivers, Abia etc, where there's freshair. Lagos is cogested and overrated.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by yokiti: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ellylace: Uncle Sam...Uncle Sam,I understand u're trying to give caution...bt it aint dat bad..c'mon!! Lolz....Anyways,like I said before,if u live in these cities or have family or frnds there,its nt dat difficult..However,be prepared to hustle 4x more than ur counterparts in other states and keep ur eyes open for opportunities.

@ Firstlady, My brother Angelajuni, miss Sandyluv, and autumn flower( when are you bringing winter, spring and summer roses?).

I pointed out the "free" residence (which is 90% possible when you have relatives around your PPA) to cut expenses in my earlier post.

I believe is better to prepare one's heart for the challenges ahead...... That was what i did up there.

My posts about the challenges ahead are not meant to scare anybody but for you to brace up for the future challenges.

I will live you with this quote..."whatsoever you desire; see it, dream it, say it, hear it and make it a reality."

Wishing everyone of us a rewarding and fulfilling service year ahead irrespective of anywhere we find ourselves.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A 2013 House by Password77(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hmmm, our house is kinda busy today...
By the way, has any of u seen Jonathan recently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (321) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch B House / NYSC 2013 Batch C Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.