Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,594 members, 7,843,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt (14923 Views)

Bode George's Model Son, Yinka, Shares New Hot Photos / Photos From Yinka Ayefele Father's Burial On-going In Ipoti-ekiti / Atorise Or Yinka Ayefele? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by pheesayor(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2012
klax: I'm not surprise because this is what ACN know best to do. Demolish and destroy is thier hobby. All they live for is to make people that voted for them feel pains at all time in the name of development madness.

By the time they destroy everything I will see if its ghost that will vote for them or live in that silly city they are clamouring to build.
have you seen the road in question? if not, you might curse the person who built such a narrow road
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by ogunsam75(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2012
He can be compensated in as much he have approve plan for the building,but if he didn't follow the right procedure.....his name is SORY
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by onyxo76(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2012
emyibe: Please guys who is Yinka Ayefele
he is a popular singer who sings from a sitting position .had an accident some years ago which claimed his spinal cord.
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by omodapson(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2012
The house is close to the road and that's one of the prize we have to pay for development. I support the govt action but due compensation should be paid if the house has all relevant documents.
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by onyxo76(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2012
i stay in ibadan. building an 8 lane road in the area may not really possible.too many filling stations and buildings will be affected .a 4 lane road is more realistic .
just after ayefele house is a depression on which i guess no road can built.
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by mapet: 11:24am On Oct 08, 2012
seunowokade: This must be a big joke... I dont know what is wrong with our government expecialy Oyo State... No water, our roads are so bad, power failure is part of our system and all they could think of is demolishing and removing sign posts, Job Creation; for where.
...yet the issue on hand is to build a road and you fail to see it.....is it some drug you are or should be taking
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by isuomo: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2012
The day the building was commissioned i was coming in from Lagos and i remembered saying that the person who approved the building should be sacked and that if any govt decides to add just an extra lane to that road, the building will go. I am the least surprised and kudos to the state government. If he got approval legally he will be compensated if not he is in O-Y-O literarily and figuratively. O-Y-O (on your own).
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by mapet: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2012
Oga sir,

1. Building a 4-lane road in a neo-cosmopolitan/populated city in the 21st century may not make logical sense IMHO. I went to Park Avenue in New York a month ago and it was like the former Oshodi madness. Giant Multi-story buildings, with roads that cannot sustain the human traffic. You'll wonder in a typical area in the states when they had to combine traffic light, and traffic warders, road patrol officers, police men, temporary road dividers, to control traffic. If we don't start planning sensibly for the near future it will be mess/chaos

2. There are issues of overriding collective good that superceeds and individual's. Demolishing structures of individuals is one of the sacrifice some people have to make. I believe that Ayefele will be compensated, so what d biggie

3. Gbenga Adeboye of blessed memory's studio was about to be demolished by Marwa back then, and Adeboye went on his radio program to state that even though he'll suffer losses, but if it will be to the collective good of Lagos State and the area, then he's ready to pay the sacrifice. He even went on to further refer to his studio in his jokes as jingles as "ile ise wa, ki won to wo", meaning "my place of work before it is demolished".

4. With technology and engineering feat, nothing is impossible. If cities are built on water so roads can be built in virtually any terrain.

onyxo76: i stay in ibadan. building an 8 lane road in the area may not really possible.too many filling stations and buildings will be affected .a 4 lane road is more realistic .
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by chichiman: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2012
Take it or leave it, this is the height if barbarity. In the developed world, e.g. the UK, if for whatever reasons, your property is to be knocked down, the government duly consults with all parties concerned. A compulsory purchase order is issued and independent valuers are asked to value affected properties. Sufficient time is also given to those affected to relocate as appropriate.

ECONOMICS: Before embarking upon this kind of white elephant project (I am sure the road would fall into disrepair within 5-10 years of completion due to dodgy and shoddy work), the cost of compensating those to be affected by the expansion ought to have been taken into consideration. The question is this. Is it really worth demolishing one single premises worth 200 million naira and several other buildings worth millions of naira because of road expansion. Where is this road? where does it lead to? Must it be expanded to 8 lanes? Or the government thinks they can just bulldoze peoples' properties? Until Nigerians take up arms and deliver jungle justice not to starving citizens stealing laptops and mobile phones, but to rogues occupying government offices and embezzling billions of dollars, this sort of trash would continue to happen. This governor someday, sometime, somehow, is destined to be ripped apart by bullets!
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by steffans(m): 11:42am On Oct 08, 2012
bankyblue: This is beef. Why no quick notice?

Is it Quick ir Quit Notice??
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by Flameboy26(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2012
na ur papa
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by steffans(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2012
onyxo76: he is a popular singer who sings from a sitting position .had an accident some years ago which claimed his spinal cord.

God Bless u....
The truth is..he isn't known all over d Country...
Thanks 4 d Info...
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by Sircj(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2012
onyxo76: i stay in ibadan. building an 8 lane road in the area may not really possible.too many filling stations and buildings will be affected .a 4 lane road is more realistic .

Am one of d surveyors dats working on dat road . 4rm d front of d buildin is 4 metre 4rm the drainage. The drainage wil affect some part of d building, like d rit side of d building. It is 4 lane precisely. But it left 4 govt to decide, if d buildin wil stil be there.leavin d buildin there wil be dangerous. 4 metre 4rm d buildin There wil be walkway too.
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by seunfly: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2012
seunowokade: This must be a big joke... I dont know what is wrong with our government expecialy Oyo State... No water, our roads are so bad, power failure is part of our system and all they could think of is demolishing and removing sign posts, Job Creation; for where.

How will governments build roads without removing the buildings and signpost along the way?
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by koyaolayinka(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2012
OMG......
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by Jodesky(m): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
Don't blame the government, Ibadan city is in such a sorry state in terms of physical and town planning. You can't just make omelette without breaking an egg.

People should learn to avoid sentiments in matters of this nature. My only fear is if the govt is sincere in its plan for widening the road. If that's real, then it must go ahead and demolish after compensating property owners on the route.

Ikorodu Road in Lagos used to be a narrow road when we were growing up. It's modernisation did not come without pains to our folks who lost their houses way back then.

In this part of the world, people are always allergic to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by Clemzy16(m): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
There's no big deal in what the OYO STATE. govt is about to do. We're only here shouting because the building belongs to YINKA AYEFELE. Same thing happened here in Benin-city and parts of the oba-palace was demolished. Also, the building belonging to the ex-governor's mother of Edo-state and buildings belonging to other top government functionaries. I belive there is a land survey that say.. Houses should be built about few kilometres away from the road. I also want to believe that not all of (AYELEFE'S) the building would be demolished. Probably the fence and a little part added. Also, he should be compensated knowing well that he has help provide jobs for timing youth of the country. I rest my case o!

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by jayplect(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
A gospel artiste
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by feekman(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
D problem is ther was no setback for d music house if u look @ it verywel,but @ dis point,ayefele will stand and work cheesy cheesy cheesy =)) =)) cos d guy knew that its illegal,during d time of AKALA a.k.a BUJEBUDANNU dey hav warn ayefele for illegal construction but may be he beliv that he is a popular musician,but now 200M ti fe wo gbo sad X_X 3-|

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by flexya: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2012
This must be a big joke for several reasons. Firstly, the road this buildin is sited upon has no need for 8lanes. There is no 8lane road in oyo state, not even the dugbe-UI or bodija-secretariat or ringroad-apata roads, which r arguably busier dan this stretch of road. At most, it would be 4-lanes, which will only eat into some of Ayefeles parkin space, not the buildin. Even our "best road", which is federal road, is the ibadan ilorin express and dats 4lanes plus hard shoulder.

Secondly, also on the same road as Ayefeles buildind is Lister motors, a company dat belongs 2 Aare Arisekola Alao, which Gov Ajimobi wouldn't dare upset, especially as Lister has only recently been renovated wit millions. Arisekola and Alaafin of Oyo, more or less installed Ajimobi and removed Akala. I can't see Ayefeles buildin bein pulled down and lister bein spared.

Thirdly, any plan 2 widen that road would involve so much gutterin and sand fillin that I doubt the govt would start it now. It would consume billions of naira wit little result due 2 the fact that parts of the road suffers from severe landslide

Finally, if the govt does widen that road, it would also need 2 widen the exits of the road ie challenge and orita roundabouts, else there would be creatin a bottleneck (8lanes mergin into an already congested 4 lane roundabout). Anyone that lives in Ibadan knows that when this area blocks, there is a knock-on effect across the city. Months into Ajimobis govt, a bridge was planned for challenge and this is yet 2 see a single column, 18months on.

So this is either a late April fools joke or Ajimobi has gone suicidal and very crazy. OR we r talkin 4lanes not 8, wit just some paking space/fence bein lost by Ayefele
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by onyxo76(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
flexya: This must be a big joke for several reasons. Firstly, the road this buildin is sited upon has no need for 8lanes. There is no 8lane road in oyo state, not even the dugbe-UI or bodija-secretariat or ringroad-apata roads, which r arguably busier dan this stretch of road. At most, it would be 4-lanes, which will only eat into some of Ayefeles parkin space, not the buildin. Even our "best road", which is federal road, is the ibadan ilorin express and dats 4lanes plus hard shoulder.

Secondly, also on the same road as Ayefeles buildind is Lister motors, a company dat belongs 2 Aare Arisekola Alao, which Gov Ajimobi wouldn't dare upset, especially as Lister has only recently been renovated wit millions. Arisekola and Alaafin of Oyo, more or less installed Ajimobi and removed Akala. I can't see Ayefeles buildin bein pulled down and lister bein spared.

Thirdly, any plan 2 widen that road would involve so much gutterin and sand fillin that I doubt the govt would start it now. It would consume billions of naira wit little result due 2 the fact that parts of the road suffers from severe landslide

Finally, if the govt does widen that road, it would also need 2 widen the exits of the road ie challenge and orita roundabouts, else there would be creatin a bottleneck (8lanes mergin into an already congested 4 lane roundabout). Anyone that lives in Ibadan knows that when this area blocks, there is a knock-on effect across the city. Months into Ajimobis govt, a bridge was planned for challenge and this is yet 2 see a single column, 18months on.

So this is either a late April fools joke or Ajimobi has gone suicidal and very crazy. OR we r talkin 4lanes not 8, wit just some paking space/fence bein lost by Ayefele
just what I mentioned in my earlier post. You are a true resident of ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by manibuds(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
pek: Visited Ibadan two years ago and I told my colleague that the building will one day be demolished. It is too close to the road and if any expansion work is to be done, it will go. Let's not get sentimental here, but the truth must be told. All he can do now is ask for compensation.
you are right,i told my pals exactly the same thing.ayefele built his house on a space that only ideal for horticultural expression,i hope ayefele gets some compensation because the officials should have stopped him unless he acted against good advice believing in the power of his egunje
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by tellwisdom: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
No be warehouse be this??
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by Jodesky(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2012
flexya: This must be a big joke for several reasons. Firstly, the road this buildin is sited upon has no need for 8lanes. There is no 8lane road in oyo state, not even the dugbe-UI or bodija-secretariat or ringroad-apata roads, which r arguably busier dan this stretch of road. At most, it would be 4-lanes, which will only eat into some of Ayefeles parkin space, not the buildin. Even our "best road", which is federal road, is the ibadan ilorin express and dats 4lanes plus hard shoulder.

Thanks a great deal for this detailed info. We are better informed now. It might just be the case that the building is too close to the road as posited by MANIBUDS & PEK. We got to learn to respect laws.
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by Afeeztemitope(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2012
الله اكبر، اهدنا صراط المستقيم
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by phemieojelabi: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2012
I wonder what this gov and his ministry want to do with 8lanes,when there re other facilities to be put in place.Ever since this administration began in OYO STATE no specific solid project has been launched go to OYO south,west and east district u will see what we talking abt,They just woke and decided to pulled down hard earned money STRUCTURE for an ELEPHANT project that will later be abandoned.Go back to the drawing board and watch the campaign video,May be from there we see what masses really need's for now
Re: Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt by DeGreatWon: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
i am not sure Ayefele will be compensated. Anyone who understands town planning laws would know that d property was illegally sited on a setback.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugoji Nneamaka Visits Home Of Elderly With Items (Photos) / Don Jazzy / Photo: 31 Year Old Toyin Lawani, Steps Out With Daughter & 21year Old Fiancee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.