Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS (2353 Views)

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With / Michael Okwu, Nigerian On Nbc/msnbc / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS by tundewoods(m): 11:50am On Jan 19, 2008
I was inspired by the voltron thread to start this new thread about cartoons i use to watch on NBC,CBS & ABC Televison stations back in the early 80's while growing up in Detroit Michigan.I later watched some on Nigerian TV in the early 90's but nothing beat the early saturday cartoons shown before 12 o clock.Here are the cartoons i remember (I'm sorry alot of these cartoons may sound strange to younger folks or those totally raised in Nigeria)

1.  Smurfs
2.  Dungeons & Dragons
3.  G.I Joe
4.  Snorks
5.  Alvin and the Chipmunks
6.  Gobots
7.  Looney Tunes
8.  M.A.S.K (
9.  Muppet Babies
10. Scooby Doo
11. My Little Pony
12. Pac- Man
13. Barbie
15. Peanuts (Charlie brown and Snoopy dog)
16. Heathcliff
17. Flintstones
18. Richie Rich
19. He-Man & the Masters of the Universe
20. Transfomers
21. The Real Ghost Busters

Re: The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS by tundewoods(m): 11:10pm On Jan 19, 2008
Yea i just remembered to add the following

The Care bears
Fat Albert
Ewoks (from the Star wars fame)
Re: The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS by Wordsmith(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2008
Lol, i watched most, if not all the cartoons you mentioned and i'm staying naija. . . .
Re: The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS by tundewoods(m): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2008
Wordsmith:

Lol, i watched most, if not all the cartoons you mentioned and i'm staying naija. . . .

I am not disputing the fact that some of the cartoons have never been shown on Nigerian TV.what i said is that they are pure 80's Saturday morning classics shown on NBC,CBS & ABC.
Re: The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS by grafikdon: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2008
Spiderman
Biker Mice
Spiral Zone
Incredible Hulk

The Spidey cartoon was awesome! I don't think I missed an episode, always had to suspend my Saturday chores until the end of the show. grin grin
Re: The 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons Restrospective : Shown On NBC,ABC& CBS by tpia: 3:26am On Apr 06, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Hitv Now Available On Mobile Platforms: Iphone Ipad Android Nokia Blackberry / Jozi Kings Movie Review By Nollywood Film Critics USA / Which Korean Movie Has The Best Sound Track?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.