Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! (2305 Views)

Chinua Achebe And Wole Soyinka / Between Achebe And Soyinka? / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 1:52am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: let him go on poisoning your wretched mind while he makes his money.It is the ibos that making the old vanity-loving professor richer.Ask your father or fathers to appease the soul of those innocent children they starved.This is the part of the truth achebe does not want you to know.Since the war ended,has the love among ibos grown or has the love an iboman has for iboland grown?Even achebe would not come to anambra.Just like,okonkwo sacrificed Ikemefuna and suffered the consequence.Your fathers who starved those dead people will suffer huge consequences which include that they will not find peace in their abode,their joy will be scattered abroad and they shall fight one another whenever opprtunity for progress presents itself.You and your fathers must atone for your wickedness.

and Tinibu makes a great role model.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 2:05am On Oct 09, 2012
GhostFaceKiller:

and Tinibu makes a great role model.

what does this have to do with Tinubu? Is it Tinubu that is spreading hate?Is Tinubu 81 years and making money by denigrating the dead? I pity the enormity of calamity that can befall a community where they have elders who create and peddle acrimony!!He stays holed u in US and for love of money,he wants to destroy homes,marriages,hopes and lives.Is that the kind of elder you want to be when you are 81?
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 2:10am On Oct 09, 2012
people need to know that the controversial line was included for ulterior motive.It is this motive that I condemn.Already,another old rabble-rouser called col. Achusia is threatening to even write more damning things to stoke up hatred among brothers and you think I will kee quiet.We are africans,we respect the dead,achebe should have included awo's rebuttal
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 2:55am On Oct 09, 2012
why in God's holy name are you hiding my posts?

Rather than hide the rubish onomeasike is posting you are hiding my rebuttal?

[size=20pt]as i said if threats of war and a call to wipe out the ibos can come out from your mouths jus because of a simple book , I do not see the difference between you and the muslim mobs rioting over a F-list movie.[/size]

mod are you here to promote ibo bashing?
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:00am On Oct 09, 2012
I insist,the decision by achebe to ignore awo's rebutal does not represent the view of the ibos,but the way a few of you guys are endorsing this error is pathetic.it is injurious to other ibos who do not share your view and in the event when things go out of hand.the innocent ones will be put in jeopardy.The
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:03am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: I insist,the decision by achebe to ignore awo's rebutal does not represent the view of the ibos,but the way a few of you guys are endorsing this error is pathetic.it is injurious to other ibos who do not share your view and in the event when things go out of hand.[b]the innocent ones will be put in jeopard[/b]y.The

what jeopardy? what war? what in God's name is the matter with you people? why are you full of stereotypical b.s. profiling?

why must you characterize people over one memoir?

what in God's holy name is wrong with this country?
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:05am On Oct 09, 2012
besides,there are more ibos in yorubaland than yoruba in iboland.We should condemn the irresponsible act of achebe and possibly he will serve as a dterent for such deviant antisocial conduct.many of you guts are not even in Nigeria,yet you write inflammatory comments caringless of ur brothers/sisters in jeopardy.This is what a responsible elder should have considered before endorsing the marketing plan for that book!
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:08am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: besides,there are more ibos in yorubaland than yoruba in iboland.We should condemn the irresponsible act of achebe and possibly he will serve as a dterent for such deviant antisocial conduct.many of you guts are not even in Nigeria,yet you write inflammatory comments caringless of ur brothers/sisters in jeopardy.This is what a responsible elder should have considered before endorsing the marketing plan for that book!

do the thugs on the streets of Lagos read? or are you going to incite them to violence so that you can loot the Ibo Properties in your region?
Is this another ACN revenue generation scheme?
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:13am On Oct 09, 2012
Stop suggesting that I may be attacking the ibos.It is achebe's irresponsible role that I condemn and call attention of reasonable people to how they can learn how to act responsibly.He,achebe,made a personal attack and weighty allegations against awo as a person,then the whole yoruba race as a people.He tried to keep a vital information away for readers to make a balanced impression,he concealed the fact that it was biafran soldiers who steal food meant for the civilians.That explains why he is being personally attacked
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:18am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: Stop suggesting that I may be attacking the ibos.It is achebe's irresponsible role that I condemn and call attention of reasonable people to how they can learn how to act responsibly.He,achebe,made a personal attack and weighty allegations against awo as a person,then the whole yoruba race as a people.He tried to keep a vital information away for readers to make a balanced impression,he concealed the fact that it was biafran soldiers who steal food meant for the civilians.That explains why he is being personally attacked

I will let you know that I am partly Nigerian from my Dad's side who happens to be from Lagos and a prominent family at that.
What you are doing is promoting and fueling more hate from the Ibos towards the Yoruba people. You will surely fail to incite violence fro the Yorubas against the Ibos. Your type are the problem we have in Nigeria. I am sure you are way too old to be on this site and you have brought your tribal sentiments to infect the younger generation towards war.
Mr. it won't happen. You can rally thugs at the motor parks but not here.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:19am On Oct 09, 2012
at 81 years,haba,he should be fair in his accounts so young ones like you and I can appreciate and learn from where these older ones erred.Young ibo lads have the right to know the other side of the truth he is hiding.Infact,achebe is guilty as well,perhaps,it is his failure to admit that his endorsement of ojukwu's actions then that starved the civilians.If he had written a balanced report,by now we should be criticizing both parties that fought the war instead of taking sides.He has created this schism so his books can sell
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:21am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: at 81 years,haba,he should be fair in his accounts so young ones like you and I can appreciate and learn from where these older ones erred.Young ibo lads have the right to know the other side of the truth he is hiding.Infact,achebe is guilty as well,perhaps,it is his failure to admit that his endorsement of ojukwu's actions then that starved the civilians.If he had written a balanced report,by now we should be criticizing both parties that fought the war instead of taking sides.He has created this schism so his books can sell

Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:24am On Oct 09, 2012
no single ibo blood will be shed again.If nigeria disintegrates,the ibos will still need seaports and good neigbours,dont allow an 81 year old to sacrifice the prospect of excellent post-nigeria relationship.Ibos should not have endorsed the achebe error,it is a political miscalculation.The yorubas aint fools,you know.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:26am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: no single ibo blood will be shed again.If nigeria disintegrates,the ibos will still need seaports and good neigbours,dont allow an 81 year old to sacrifice the prospect of excellent post-nigeria relationship.Ibos should not have endorsed the achebe error,it is a political miscalculation.The yorubas aint fools,you know.

beacuse AWO is your God and tinibu his appointed pope.

fark off
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:27am On Oct 09, 2012
adios,tell your ibo brethren,the war is over.whatever war they think is left is in their imagination.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:30am On Oct 09, 2012
I am not defending awo,he has already stated his own side during his life time,if I can refer to it,a sensible responsible 81 year old man can do same.clearly,you will rather believe that achebe is right by making money out of igbo calamity
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:32am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: adios,tell your ibo brethren,the war is over.whatever war they think is left is in their imagination.

why not tell them yourself? you have been ranting and nagging over Achebe's depiction of AWO and declaring and threatening war over it. If you can muster such zeal over a book that you feel threatens the unity of Nigeria why not apply such zeal in condemning the real terrorist threats that plagues us such as Boko Haram and the entire northern elites? why?

You my friend are a tribalistic old goat.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:32am On Oct 09, 2012
not even one line did he include awo's rebuttal,just because he wants to sell his dry book.omo ole anambara
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:34am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: I am not defending awo,he has already stated his own side during his life time,if I can refer to it,a sensible responsible 81 year old man can do same.clearly,you will rather believe that achebe is right by making money out of igbo calamity

Achebe can write a nursery book and still make money afterall he is Achebe. He is a writer by profession where else do you expect him to earn a living?
If his book is selling of the rack then don't hate but be glad for the man. Who knows it may even win the Pulitzer.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:41am On Oct 09, 2012
I am not a tribalist,it is your father-achebe,that is a tribalist and confusionist.I have made my view known about boko haram,you need a strong compassionate and honest leader to deal with them.sadly jonathan is not so he keeps bombing and killing his own peole.he forgot he is the president and father to all boko-haram and non boko-haram.I am sure some of the innocent being killed voted for him during election.he should show exemplary conduct of honesty,not this profligacy and anti-poor policies.Imagine,if the 5000 note had succedded,the anti-govt sentiments among the led will grow more,and more sympathy for anti-establishment elements.it is common sense,no permanent friendship,it is permanent interest.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:44am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: I am not a tribalist,it is your father-achebe,that is a tribalist and confusionist.I have made my view known about boko haram,you need a strong compassionate and honest leader to deal with them.sadly jonathan is not so he keeps bombing and killing his own peole.he forgot he is the president and father to all boko-haram and non boko-haram.I am sure some of the innocent being killed voted for him during election.he should show exemplary conduct of honesty,not this profligacy and anti-poor policies.Imagine,if the 5000 note had succedded,the anti-govt sentiments among the led will grow more,and more sympathy for anti-establishment elements.it is common sense,no permanent friendship,it is permanent interest.

now you have latched unto Jonathan. ACN goon.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:45am On Oct 09, 2012
GhostFaceKiller:

Achebe can write a nursery book and still make money afterall he is Achebe. He is a writer by profession where else do you expect him to earn a living?
If his book is selling of the rack then don't hate but be glad for the man. Who knows it may even win the Pulitzer.

money!!money!!money!that is all you and know ibo folks care about.Go and read what it takes to win pullitzer .not controversey,it is high level of professionalism.The man should just stick to writing fictions and ibo nursery rhymes.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 3:48am On Oct 09, 2012
ACN or no ACN,Nigerians like me,not biafrans like you,will make our country work.I will fight all agents of distabilization like your father achebe.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 3:53am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: ACN or no ACN,Nigerians like me,not biafrans like you,will make our country work.I will fight all agents of distabilization like your father achebe.

Did Achebe call for the dissolution of Nigeria in his book? Have you even read the damn book? Now you are a patriot only when the Ibo sesccionist plight is put forward. You hate Ibos so much that you can't leave with them, why not let them be on their own?
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by onomeasike: 4:09am On Oct 09, 2012
tufiakwa,I will never read or buy the book.I will rather stick to reading the book reviews.Achebe has to write a book that will bless and not curse,achebe should be father to even the yoruba young elements who look up to him by giving both sides of the truth.did 2 million people die?yes.What caused it?war and disagreement over the propriety or otherwise of feeding insurgents by sustaining food supply to civilians in enemies' quarters.
Achebe did not do this becos the book wont sell!
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by GhostFaceKiller: 4:20am On Oct 09, 2012
onomeasike: tufiakwa,I will never read or buy the book.I will rather stick to reading the book reviews.Achebe has to write a book that will bless and not curse,achebe should be father to even the yoruba young elements who look up to him by giving both sides of the truth.did 2 million people die?yes.What caused it?war and disagreement over the propriety or otherwise of feeding insurgents by sustaining food supply to civilians in enemies' quarters.
Achebe did not do this becos the book wont sell!

how does the action of one Man (Awo or Achebe) affect the general view we should hold for each other.

If Awo wronged the Ibos collectively should that be translated back to all yorubas? If Achebe's memoirs reflected Awo in a bad light should that make you hate all Ibos?

Ponder...

All genocides that have occurred began with hate speech. From the sophisticated Nazi propaganda against the Jews to the crude radio shows that led to the Rwandan Genocide. You have chosen a platform here and hope to take advantage of social media platforms to spread your bile.
You are spreading hate, simple.
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by afroxyz: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
Seriously, when would Nigerians out-grow this ethnic bias?
Re: Achebe And His Publishers To Make Millions Of Dollars Out Of Igbo Calamity! by Chuks84(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
The title of this trade caught my eye and I thought I would be reading someone's intelligent view on the controversial book not knowing that the author of this thread is a hate filled, bile spewing bigot. It's obvious that this fool doesn't have a job. Who else will spend time writing all these trash. The fact that you even brought ethnicity into the matter has undermined whatever point you are trying to prove. You are just blowing hot air. Mad man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solidstar Goes As Far As Doing A Collabo With Nicki Minaj And Drake / Pastor's Second Wife - Episode 12 / Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries #7 On The New York Times Best Seller List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.