Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nepotism And Tribalism In Nigeria As A Polity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nepotism And Tribalism In Nigeria As A Polity. (1729 Views)

El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine / Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Sultan Group Tells Bishop Oyedepo And Ex-Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nepotism And Tribalism In Nigeria As A Polity. by lawmercy: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2012
I have seen a lot of youths who want to pursue education, but have no means to do so. This makes me wonder why those at the helm of the country deem it fit to send those that don't value this opportunity to foreign countries to squander tax payer's money. I feel to be taken serious in Nigeria one has to recourse to arms. What do you say of the case where ex-militants are sent to a university in the west african sub-region and each one is paid 900 dollars plus 900 ghana cedi as allowance for monthly upkeep, minus their feeding and the fact that they are accommodated in fully air-conditioned hotels. They increase fees in Nigerian universities, while militants are sent abroad for an education they don't value. How does someone without an SSCE benefit from a short course in a university? The Nigerian government is trying to count one million without starting from one. The most annoying fact is that this so-called students have chosen to boycott lectures, because the dollar aspect of the payment made to them has been reduced from 900 dollars to 500 dollars. Have pondered situations like this over and over and it makes me doubt the viability of Nigeria as a state. I feel it is in the best interest of some factions in the country to secede, because people like those in the southwest who are confrontation averse, and do not believe in taking up arms end up being dis-advantaged.

(1) (Reply)

Resign Now, CNPP Tells ‘corrupt’ Ministers Wogu, Orubebe / The Antic Of A Man That Is Sunk; The Orji Uzor Kalu Example / Describe El Rufai In Two Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.