Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) (7952 Views)

Open: Cipm Annual Essay Competition 2015 / 2013 CIPM Annual Essay Competition / 2012 C.m.c Annual Essay Competition!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Olsey: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
Introduction
The Nigerian Stock Exchange is pleased to announce the commencement of the 11th edition of the Annual National Essay Competition for secondary and Tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The competition’s overall goal is to develop a culture of wealth creation amongst our youth – ‘Catching Them Young’.

Entry Procedures and Rules:
-Only one entry per person is allowed
-All entries must be accompanied with the competitor’s entry form
-The Essay competition is open for two categories; students in senior secondary school and tertiary institutions in Nigeria
-Entries must be typewritten in English and not mor​​e than 2,000 words
-Essays must be original and unpublished
-All national winners are entitled to a certificate and plaque
-1st Prize winners’ institutions shall receive a trophy each
-34 state winners including FCT shall receive consolation prizes
-Names of winners and runners-up will be published in select Newspapers
-Entries close November 2, 2012
-Equivalent cash prizes will be given out in form of shares of quoted companies

The NSE Essay Competition Topics:
Secondary Schools: What are the Benefits of Good Corporate Governance?

Tertiary Institutions: Corporate Governance and Nigerian Capital Market Development. Discuss

Prizes To be Won:

Tertiary Institutions
National Winners
1st Prize: N300,000.00 (Three hundred thousand
naira only)
2nd Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand
naira only)
3rd Prize: N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand
naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand
naira) each for 34 Runners-up

Secondary Schools
National Winners
1st Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
2nd Prize: N150,000.00 (One hundred and fifty thousand naira only)
3rd Prize: N75,000.00 (Seventy five thousand naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up

Click on the appropriate link below to download the entry from
Secondary Schools : http://www.nse.com.ng/test/SECONDARY%20SCHOOLS%20FORM.pdf
Tertiary Institutions : http://www.nse.com.ng/test/TERTIARY%20INSTITUTIONS%20FORM.pdf

http://www.nse.com.ng/MarketNews/Lists/NSE%20Highlights/DispForm.aspx?ID=80&RootFolder=/MarketNews/Lists/NSE%20Highlights&Source=http://www.nse.com.ng/Pages/default.aspx
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Afam4eva(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
NOTED...
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Fasterboy: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
Is this how to revamp the system?
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by mrperfect(m): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Interesting one.
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by omaojo1: 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
All these essays in Nigeria is just fake and ojoro. When you win the tertiary institutions' first price, its by His grace that you'll even get 200k out of the shares that will be issued in lieu.
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by miteolu(m): 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
This is ICAN PE 1 question (Advance Auditing & Assurance). Is the director of this essay an ICAN student
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Umartins1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pls, how can one get a contestant's form?
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Umartins1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pls, how can one get a contestant form?
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by DonaldGenes(m): 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
Wait oooooooo! Can peeps like us who are running our masters prog' follow participate? Just curious#
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Imoobot(m): 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
pls can a graduate that just came back from NYSC contest?
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by lekzy007(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
Umartins1: Pls, how can one get a contestant form?

Follow the link.
Secondary Schools : http:// www.nse.com.ng/test/SECONDARY
%20SCHOOLS%20FORM.pdf Tertiary Institutions : http:// www.nse.com.ng/test/TERTIARY
%20INSTITUTIONS%20FORM.pdf
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Clemzy16(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2012
This essay writing is either fake or it has been hindered by fraudsters. I remember when i was in s.s.s 1 or 2 back in Niger College Senior Secondary School they brought the information to our school. I took the form, wrote the essay and before i was able to submit we went on strike and i was unable to submit. The strike lasted till the end of the term and there was no staff of my school for me to submit to. I later got a call from my friend a week later that i should go to the Nigerian stock exchange office at Edo state library at sapele road, Benin-city. I spent alot of money to and fro to their office just so i can submit, they later asked me to show evidence of my principal's signature, i however told them that There is no way i can get the signature as We're already on vacation. The man asked me to come the next day. I went there and he took the script from me together with the form. They said the result will be out at first week of resumption. I was eager for us to resume because i was very confident of what i wrote. But unfortunately There was no message whatsoever about result and the price. Infact, they didn't even come back to our school to inform us anything. I was really sad.
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by ddim22: 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
Fasterboy: Is this how to revamp the system?
Tell us how to revamp the system.If you are not eager to participate then hold ur peace and dont discourage others.
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by strita(f): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2012
It is not fake at all.I have more than 200k worth of shares in Nigerian Breweries PLC to prove that not to mention all the dividends I have gotten for 2003 till date. I won the grand prize back then in my SS3 days.I Can't believe it has gotten to 11th edition. How time flies!

1 Like

Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by oriauwa: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
The Nigerian Stock Exchange is pleased to announce the commencement of the 11th edition of the Annual National Essay Competition for secondary and tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The competition’s overall goal is to develop a culture of wealth creation amongst our youth – ‘Catching Them Young’. This landmark initiative continues to be guided by the following key objectives:

Expose the young ones to the operations of the stock market;
Develop a culture of medium and long-term investment habit among the youth;
Expose the students to career choices in the securities market and related professions;
Fill some gaps between school curriculum and practical approach to investing in the stock market.
Entry Procedures and Rules:

Only one entry per person is allowed
All entries must be accompanied with the competitor’s entry form
The Essay competition is open for two categories; students in senior secondary school and tertiary institutions in Nigeria
Entries must be typewritten in English and not mor​​e than 2,000 words
Essays must be original and unpublished
All entries must be submitted via email to essay@nse.com.ng
All entries become the property of The Nigerian Stock Exchange and will not be returned.
The decision of The Nigerian Stock Exchange panel of judges is final
All national winners are entitled to a certificate and plaque
1st Prize winners’ institutions shall receive a trophy each
34 state winners including FCT shall receive consolation prizes
Names of winners and runners-up will be published in select Newspapers
Entries close November 12, 2012
Equivalent cash prizes will be given out in form of shares of quoted companies
The NSE Essay Competition Topics:
Secondary Schools: What are the Benefits of Good Corporate Governance?

Tertiary Institutions: Corporate Governance and Nigerian Capital Market Development. Discuss

Prizes to be won
Secondary Schools
National Winners
1st Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
2nd Prize: N150,000.00 (One hundred and fifty thousand naira only)
3rd Prize: N75,000.00 (Seventy five thousand naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up

Tertiary Institutions
National Winners
1st Prize: N300,000.00 (Three hundred thousand naira only)
2nd Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
3rd Prize: N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up

Click on the appropriate link below to download the entry from

Entry form for Secondary Schools[url]http://www.nse.com.ng/test/SECONDARY%20SCHOOLS%20FORM.pdf[/url]

Entry form for Tertiary Institutions[url]http://www.nse.com.ng/test/TERTIARY%20INSTITUTIONS%20FORM.pdf[/url]
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Olsey: 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
strita: It is not fake at all.I have more than 200k worth of shares in Nigerian Breweries PLC to prove that not to mention all the dividends I have gotten for 2003 till date. I won the grand prize back then in my SS3 days.I Can't believe it has gotten to 11th edition. How time flies!
Congrats. Please can you remember which month the result was announced?
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by alexzeko(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2012
Pls wen will the stock exchange realize d essay result
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by diutor: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by Olsey: 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2012
CONGRATS to the winners;
www.scholarship-nigeria.com
SCHOLARSHIP NIGERIA
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by mail13231(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2012
Olsey: CONGRATS to the winners;
www.scholarship-nigeria.com
SCHOLARSHIP NIGERIA
A student of OAU, Ife emerged top. Congrats
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by alexzeko(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2012
How can i get all d names of winners in d nse essay competition
Re: The 11th Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Annual Essay Competition (2012) by stockbull(m): 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
Latest Technology has made a possibility to charge your phone using burning fire.
.see it here www.wificallingiphone.com
www.wificallingiphone.com/2016/06/charging-my-android-and-iphone-with-fire.html

(1) (Reply)

Jamb To Release Result Tomorrow / How To Activate MTN Youtube Night Data 2023 / Chapter 1 Summary Of Sweet Sixteen For JAMB 2020 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.