Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,184 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students (14645 Views)

Two Students Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen Today (graphic Pictures) / Nigerian Lady Murdered In Horrific Manner In Russia (Photo) / Day Of Mourning For People Of Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by mukina2: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nigeria Newsdesk ‏@NigeriaNewsdesk
UNIPORT has declared seven days of mourning for three of its students killed by irate mobs at Omokere-Aluu community, Friday, last week.

https://twitter.com/NigeriaNewsdesk/status/255428658225876992

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by virginvampire(m): 11:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
He who mourns for THREE will MOURN FOR MORE except WE MOURN WITH VENGEANCE

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by SamMilla1(m): 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Century of tears.
Century where people go to schools or markets to shoot others.
Century where some people believe that there are better than others.
Century where people lie to others in the name of God just to make money.

Century where Almost everything is all about money.
I dont mourn humans for 7 days.
I mourn them forever because even if i dont remember them within 7 days, i will still remember them someday.

To the dead,
You were among us here on this dry breezy place called earth, we will be with you somewhere else someday.
Stay good and prepare the road for us,
It's not even easy for us here.

24 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nigeria news desk is not the uniport authority.

uniport has a website and no such info is currently on it.

who made the announcement and were is a copoy of the circular lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
RIP TO THE DESEASED
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
But I thought they were 4? What happened to the 4th person? I have also declared 7 days mourning for them too. embarassed
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Uchenna42(m): 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
Mourning mood activated...........sobbz.....
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Elvin001: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
Some pple said 4 students, some said 3 students...
Some said they stole phones and laptops, some said they were cultist... Which version are we to take?... Maybe king james version would be better.

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
PORT HARCOURT – UNIVERSITY of Port
Harcourt, Rivers State, has declared seven
days of mourning for three of its
students killed by irate mobs at
Omokere-Aluu community, Friday, last
week.
Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof.
Joseph Ajienka, who spoke to newsmen,
yesterday, at the main campus of the
university, described the killing of the
students as a horrendous crime.

Stressing that the university would not
tolerate any act of jungle justice, he
commiserated with the bereaved
families. He said the university had to
suspend its students’ union week, which
was to have commenced yesterday, in
honour of the deceased students and
also declared seven days mourning
period, which would end on Sunday.

He said the three deceased persons
confirmed to be students of the
university were Biringa Lordson, a year
two Theatre Arts student; Ugonna
Obuzor, a year two Geology student and
Mike Toku, a year two Civil Engineering
student.

He said the fourth person killed
alongside the other three was Tekena
Erikena, adding that efforts were still on
to confirm if he was a student of the
university.

The Vice Chancellor said though the
university had declared seven days
mourning period for the deceased
students, which took off yesterday, the
university was still in session.

He dismissed allegations in some
quarters that students of the university
were mobilizing to storm Omokere-Aluu
community, where the killing took place
on a reprisal attack.
Prof Ajienka, who was flanked by other
principal officers of the university, called
on security operatives to fish out those
behind the killings.

When Vanguard visited the community
yesterday, some residents were seen
relocating to neighbouring areas. They
told our correspondent that they were
running from arrest by security
operatives.

Some of them who spoke on strict
condition of anonymity, said they had
been living at the mercy of armed
robbers in the community within the last
six months.

3 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by DICKtator: 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
R.I.P to[b]C[/b]hiadika, [b]U[/b]gonna,[b]L[/b]loyd,[b]T[/b]ekena
Huh?
What a co-incidence though!!
Why can't those in PH give information on what really happened?
Till then my comment remains reserved
#NoToJungleJustice
cry cry cry cry
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Peterpan1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Mmh,mourning,wat's d meaning of dis,where is d love,where is d unity we share as Nigerians,in my own opinion those villagers are worse than boko haram,may d students souls rest in perfect peace,LORD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by yeye4live(m): 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
honestly if am a student dier i wil just park n leave now till tings calm down, mourning or no mourning

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by slimyem: 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
The more i read on the update of the Aluu things,the more saddening the whole issue is....

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Dullard(m): 12:00am On Oct 09, 2012
I just saw this account on daily post.

"Murder of 4 UNIPORT students: An exclusive story behind their death

The brutal murder of the Four students of the University of Port Harcourt has become a major source of worry to many Nigerians who feel that human lives have no value as far as the country is concerned.

Since the incident, many people have advocated for the immediate arrest of those behind the heinous act and possibly charge them if found guilty. While some have continued to advocate for death sentence, others advocate for life imprisonment.

However, Daily Post investigation reveals that none of the four murdered students was involved in robbery or any kind of pilfering. Our correspondent spoke with an anonymous colleague of the late Llyod and Ugo whom he said were aspiring musicians and his colleagues.

It was gathered from the source that Ugo and Lloyd were cousins. Someone was indebted to Ugo around the community and had vowed not to pay. Ugo who was popularly known as Tipsy had gone to meet with a fearless University guy (name-withheld) to help them track the debtor who had been on the run. The guy who was feared by many in the school had accepted to accompany his friends to get the debtor tracked down and get his own percentage of the money. They were joined by their room mate, Chidiaka. On their way to the place, they met one of their friends, Tekena, who knew nothing about the plan, and he joined, just for the hype as it’s normal with young boys of juvenile age.

They were actually 5 that got to the debtor’s compound. Unknown to the other four, the “Confra” guy who was contracted to intimidate the debtor just to get the money paid went with a gun .When they got to the guy’s house around 12am, fight ensued, as the debtor confronted them. A next door neighbour, a woman started shouting on top of her voice, that they were thieves, attracting other bad boys around the areas, whom they said were mainly “vickins”, rival cult group of the one on contract. They swung into action by tipping the vigilantee who confronted the boys, referring to them as thieves. At the process of beating the boys, and while they were trying to explain, the fifth ‘guy’,the cultist brought out his gun to scare the people, and he escaped, leaving the rest four at the mercy of the villagers.

The explanation they tried to give fell on the community’s deaf ears as the people insisted that they must be killed. Another close friend of Ugo and Lloyd had reacted by calling on the president to take action against those behind the murder of the four students. The young man who had pleaded that his identity be kept secret said: “Mr President those 4 boys who were killed at Aluu near Uniport were my young friends. I was their mentor. Two of them were promising rappers and singers. I am forwarding their work ironically titled “ain’t no love in the
city” http://hitplayonline.files./2012/08/17-heart-of-the-city-ft-yetty-big-l-and-tipsy.mp3″.

This story got to dailypost as an eyewitness account from the 5th boy who escaped. He narrated this to Ugo and Lloyd’s friend who has pleaded that his identity be kept secret."

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/08/murder-4-uniport-students-an-exclusive-story-behind-death/

It also looks like one of them is not yet a student but aspiring for admission.

Tags: featured

DailyPost Staff
View all posts by DailyPost Staff →
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:05am On Oct 09, 2012
mukina2:

https://twitter.com/NigeriaNewsdesk/status/255428658225876992

Please they were 4 killed not 3.

This is the track that featured two of the killed victims. Where is the love.
It is as if they knew there was no love for them in the HEART OF THE CITY they reside.

Heartbreaking.

http://hitplayonline.files./2012/08/17-heart-of-the-city-ft-yetty-big-l-and-tipsy.mp3

[size=13pt]RIP and I hope their Killers are brought to justice[/size].

[size=13pt]Tekena[/size]

[size=13pt]Aladin[/size]

[size=13pt]Lloyd[/size]

[size=13pt]Ugonna[/size]

[size=13pt]#JusticeforAluu4[/size]
embarassed
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by mrperfect(m): 12:14am On Oct 09, 2012
This is a welcome development.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by freecocoa(f): 12:15am On Oct 09, 2012
If I don't stay away from the internet till this issue dies down, I may just lose my mind, the pain and anger is just too much.

8 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by mbaemeka(m): 12:31am On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: If I don't stay away from the internet till this issue dies down, I may just lose my mind, the pain and anger is just too much.

400Likes!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by sapien(m): 12:33am On Oct 09, 2012
A new word just discovered in the English dictionary,"ALUU" means "SAVAGERY","WICKEDNESS."

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by somegirl1: 12:33am On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: If I don't stay away from the internet till this issue dies down, I may just lose my mind, the pain and anger is just too much.

pele, same here dear.
seems to have taken over my life since Friday.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 09, 2012
am gradually beginning to lose my concentration, i need some rest.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by jumpmasta(m): 12:52am On Oct 09, 2012
How could human beings be so wicked? cry cry cry cry cry cry******still crying***

2 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by habayommy: 1:01am On Oct 09, 2012
you've just said my mind cry
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by mrPero(m): 1:17am On Oct 09, 2012
may GOD HELP US ALL
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by WinkWrld: 1:25am On Oct 09, 2012
its 3days now, i still cant find sleep. Again, this makes me cry! I wish time could be reversed. I have never seen such brutality in my life. God, May your Wrath fall on the people involved and their generation in totality, as you have said 'Thou shall not Kill' .May the Souls of these students and other faitfuls, through the mercy of God RIP. You said whatever i ask in your name, so shall be answered.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by kuphid(f): 1:25am On Oct 09, 2012
I have never heard or imagined this kind of cruelty, Jeeeeez! after that of Cynthia's, I thought I have heard it all, this is just so wicked, my heart bleeds,can't even close my eye without thinking of what their last minutes on earth was like, their thoughts and all that...

Horrible things happening, could it get any worse?...Christ please do come.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Horus(m): 1:27am On Oct 09, 2012
[size=17pt]Help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria[/size]

The Petition

We URGE you to help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria.
Almost daily, persons suspected of petty or serious crimes, including children, are subjected to the worst forms of brutal assault by mobs who take the law into their hands in apprehending, trying and convicting these suspects.
The mob actions often involve stripping the victims until they are stark Unclad, after which they are viciously beaten with sticks and all manner of cudgels until they die. On other occasions, used car tires (tyres) are hung around suspects’ necks and they are doused with gasoline (petrol) before being set ablaze while alive with onlookers standing by.

Thanks to the power of the Internet, information about these extra-judicial trials by angry mobs on the streets of Nigeria is shared on blogs and social media like Twitter and Facebook, revealing that these practices are more common than assumed. This year alone, several of such brutal applications of mob justice has occurred around Nigeria.
With your help we can put an end to these barbaric acts and ensure that legal processes are followed in the matter of arresting and prosecuting perpetrators of these obvious crimes.
We also seek to make sure that the Nigerian Police adheres strictly to the LEGAL processes in dealing with suspected criminals after arrests are made.

We are petitioning the following institutions and officials:

1. The Nigerian National Assembly
2. The Nigerian Inspector-General of Police
3. The Attorney-General of the Federation
4. State House of Assemblies
5. Governors and State Commissioners of Police
6. The Nigerian Presidency

Our Demands:

a. Make it a criminal act to facilitate or participate in any act of mob lynching.
b. The intended enactment must provide incentives for informants who witness and document such acts.
c. Provide budget for public enlightenment on this matter.
d. The Nigerian Police force be more transparent on issues regarding arrested suspects

We encourage you to sign this petition and to join us in compelling the Nigerian authorities to end bestial acts that debase our humanity and project a barbaric image of Nigeria. Help stand for human decency and the rule of law in Nigeria.

Thank You.

Link to the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/help-stop-mob-lynching-in-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 09, 2012
Horus: [size=17pt]Help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria[/size]

The Petition

We URGE you to help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria.
Almost daily, persons suspected of petty or serious crimes, including children, are subjected to the worst forms of brutal assault by mobs who take the law into their hands in apprehending, trying and convicting these suspects.
The mob actions often involve stripping the victims until they are stark Unclad, after which they are viciously beaten with sticks and all manner of cudgels until they die. On other occasions, used car tires (tyres) are hung around suspects’ necks and they are doused with gasoline (petrol) before being set ablaze while alive with onlookers standing by.

Thanks to the power of the Internet, information about these extra-judicial trials by angry mobs on the streets of Nigeria is shared on blogs and social media like Twitter and Facebook, revealing that these practices are more common than assumed. This year alone, several of such brutal applications of mob justice has occurred around Nigeria.
With your help we can put an end to these barbaric acts and ensure that legal processes are followed in the matter of arresting and prosecuting perpetrators of these obvious crimes.
We also seek to make sure that the Nigerian Police adheres strictly to the LEGAL processes in dealing with suspected criminals after arrests are made.

We are petitioning the following institutions and officials:

1. The Nigerian National Assembly
2. The Nigerian Inspector-General of Police
3. The Attorney-General of the Federation
4. State House of Assemblies
5. Governors and State Commissioners of Police
6. The Nigerian Presidency

Our Demands:

a. Make it a criminal act to facilitate or participate in any act of mob lynching.
b. The intended enactment must provide incentives for informants who witness and document such acts.
c. Provide budget for public enlightenment on this matter.
d. The Nigerian Police force be more transparent on issues regarding arrested suspects

We encourage you to sign this petition and to join us in compelling the Nigerian authorities to end bestial acts that debase our humanity and project a barbaric image of Nigeria. Help stand for human decency and the rule of law in Nigeria.

Thank You.

Link to the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/help-stop-mob-lynching-in-nigeria/

For someone who is NOT Nigerian, Blyss, you awfully do concern yourself with Nigerian affairs. Hmm.

Anywaz, I want to cosign, but no way am I putting my credit card (donation) info on anything Nigerian related.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 09, 2012
virgin_vampire: He who mourns for THREE will MOURN FOR MORE except WE MOURN WITH VENGEANCE

Such immature mindset. Is Vengeance the answer? Ever thought of the endless cycle of destruction, choas and loss one single "reprisal" attack could lead to?

SMH.

What we need is an Effective way of combating Mob Lynching. Something to serve as a deterrent. Most importantly the government needs to provide easy access to the Police - working phone lines is a good start.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by joyfun: 2:12am On Oct 09, 2012
Never in my life have I seen or heard of this type of barbaric act. Still thinking it was one of those bad nollywood movies involving fetish acts. but it was real. And they were kids that could have been close to any of us.
No words...just too shocked ,my brain is still processing the whole thing. that nasty, evil video ,where spectators watch young kids beaten to death and roasted and show no humane feelings.
that entire community is cursed for sure...unless they repent and ask God for forgiveness. But to the rest of us, what can we do to turn the evil persisting in our nation? How could this have been prevented? this community had no police surveillance? no church? no mosque? no fear of God? we wait for answers that we may never get in this depraved society.

3 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:35am On Oct 09, 2012
joyfun: Never in my life have I seen or heard of this type of barbaric act. Still thinking it was one of those bad nollywood movies involving fetish acts. but it was real. And they were kids that could have been close to any of us.
No words...just too shocked ,my brain is still processing the whole thing. that nasty, evil video ,where spectators watch young kids beaten to death and roasted and show no humane feelings.
that entire community is cursed for sure...unless they repent and ask God for forgiveness. But to the rest of us, what can we do to turn the evil persisting in our nation? How could this have been prevented? this community had no police surveillance? no church? no mosque? no fear of God? we wait for answers that we may never get in this depraved society.

^^^Repent!? shocked.....you're having a laugh; the whole evil village is cursed beyond redemption and the issue of repentance should be discussed with the devil in hell...they're an open wound on the conscience of the Ikwerre people in particular, and Nigeria in general; and if i had my way, they all would be wiped off the face of the earth with a mini nuclear strike!

The tin-pot village head needs to be dragged down to the barracks and given a healthy dose of beating b/4 being shown the video to identify ALL the vermin that took part in the lynching; including identifying the villagers that stood by watching like it was some kind of entertainment.

When caught, nothing short of public execution is good for these scum.....i don't want them given life sentences and then my hard-earned tax would be used to feed the murderous stupi/d oafs.

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by babanifada(m): 2:36am On Oct 09, 2012
Chai....this our obodo Nigeria nah wah ooooo...even the guy whe carry gun enter movies for Colorado kill 12 people and injured 42 no get this kind killing....chai ! Now me dey wonder cos another man country come safe pass my papa land...wetin man go do for this kain situation? kill four people because lap top? God abeg open your door for those guys nd comfort them till judgement day and make there.killer suffer every single second on.earth and make them wish they were dead every seconds.of there lives......baba God abeg answer this one for me starting right away.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by GhostFaceKiller: 2:43am On Oct 09, 2012
God will help us all.

I am beginning to get real worried about this country and the level of anarchy and barbarism we find ourselves.

Please we need to do something for these guys and their family.

I don't know what to suggest. Someone please come up with an idea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Men Break Into RCCG, Steal Items Worth N680,000 / Man Arraigned For Allegedly Sodomising 14-Year-Old Boy In Adamawa / Joint Border Patrol Team Seizes 550 Cartridges, Prohibited Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.