Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

For Women Only - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / For Women Only (1779 Views)

[women Only] 10 Everyday Diet Tips To Help Bring The Weight Down / [women Only]the Number 1 Secret To Losing Weight Permanently / FOR WOMEN ONLY!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Women Only by WesleyanA(f): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2008
what do you define as a stable period? do you see your period in the same week every month or what?
mine is very irregular and i skip sometimes. the length of days is also irregular.
what causes this? i'm 17

no! i'm not pregnant. tongue
Re: For Women Only by Iman3(m): 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2008
Its your leftist politics that is causing your irregular period. I recommend a copy of Bill O'Reilly's "Culture Warrior".
Re: For Women Only by ifyalways(f): 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2008
irregular periods might be caused by :
smoking and drinking
significant weight gain/loss
drug and caffeine use.
over exercise and poor nutrition.
abnormalities in the uterus ed fibroids,cysts.
recent childbirth,abortion or miscarriage.
stress and emotional truama.

if yours is so serious/you are so bothered abt it,go see a OB/Gyn to determine the cause.
you might go for a complete blood count test(CBC).cheers
Re: For Women Only by ifyalways(f): 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2008
I-man:

Its your leftist politics that is causing your irregular period. I recommend a copy of Bill O'Reilly's "Culture Warrior".
LMAO.what are you even doing here?
Re: For Women Only by WesleyanA(f): 10:32pm On Jan 19, 2008
ifyalways:

irregular periods might be caused by :
smoking and drinking
significant weight gain/loss
drug and caffeine use.
over exercise and poor nutrition.
abnormalities in the uterus ed fibroids,cysts.
recent childbirth,abortion or miscarriage.
stress and emotional truama.

if yours is so serious/you are so bothered about it,go see a OB/Gyn to determine the cause.
you might go for a complete blood count test(CBC).cheers

thanks a lot Ifyalways. I don't think i have any of those conditions (maybe except stress) but then it has always been irregular since i started.
what do you define as regular period. do you have to see it in the same week every month?

I don't think it's that serious. everything can't be perfect. oh well. . .

I-man:

*hisses* I-man ko, You-woman ni.
Re: For Women Only by Iman3(m): 10:37pm On Jan 19, 2008
ifyalways:

LMAO.what are you even doing here?

Is it not sexist to bar a particular gender from an entire thread? Many men may know 1 or 2 things about irregular periods.If there is a male doctor,is the poster saying he is not welcome?

WesleyanA is a chauvinist and a notable femi-nazi on NL.I think she has issues with men grin grin

@WesleyanA

Try Ann Coulter's How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) or If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans.
Re: For Women Only by WesleyanA(f): 10:57pm On Jan 19, 2008
I-man, tais toi! grin

I might vote for mitt romney if you can be quiet for a sec grin grin
Re: For Women Only by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2008
WesleyanA:

what do you define as a stable period? do you see your period in the same week every month or what?
mine is very irregular and i skip sometimes. the length of days is also irregular.
what causes this? i'm 17

well, i might be wrong about this. . . but the length of the day does not matter. mines use to last for 7 days, then it went down 5 days, then it went down 4 days. . . .and it does not come the same week of every month. , more like it comes late one week of every month. , like 14th of march, then 21st of April. . . . but i dnt think it's unstable.
Re: For Women Only by WesleyanA(f): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2008
thanks. i guess its normal then. i thought it was weird
Re: For Women Only by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2008
WesleyanA:

what causes this? i'm 17

My period is very regular. it comes every 30 days. Sometimes weather can also influence and change it to 28 days.
I might have a regular period but i also have regualar pains. Sometimes I fee like removing my womb! cry

The best solution anyway is consulting a GYN.
Re: For Women Only by uspry1(f): 3:38am On Jan 21, 2008
I had stable period that last 5 days every 28 days, only one period missing every 11th month per year. All of sudden in 2005 i got trouble having 10 days irregular period every 25 days for three months painfully. I suffered to buy 2 bags of period pads enough for 10 days period---i hate wasting my money on it.

That was something not right in order for me seeing GYN. As of result that I had a swollen inflammatory fibroid that needs to be medically surgical as soon as possible. I go for it having total hysterectomy with bilateral because of five reasons i made decision at below:

(1) I am middle-age.
(2) I already have two children. (now age 14 and 19). No more babies.
(3) I am sick and tired of buying periods pads, hate suffering pain from menstral cramps.
(4) no worry about ovary cancer. (i don't have one but don't want go thru near future)
(5) ******* ******* (two words, i won't tell public, due to personal private)

Good news for me, i do not have any menopause effect since my 2005 hysterectomy. No need to obtain prescribed medicine for my rest of my life. Neither I do not have PMS nor sexual dyfunctional. I still have my favorite active normally as before surgery---nothing to take from me, whew!!! Hooray! Hooray!
Re: For Women Only by Dreloaded(f): 3:45am On Jan 21, 2008
You're still pretty young.

I've skipped months before. It was nice  wink

Mine used to be irregular but now that I'm older it's usually within the same time each month and last for 3 days, at most, 4.

Btw Happy New Year, Wes. Long time  smiley
Re: For Women Only by tinakoya(f): 1:01pm On May 31, 2008
You are young so this is expected,it is true that ur period is unstable but before you 20yrs it will change gradually,you body is still tyring to get use to the hormonal changes. Dnt worry abt it  love
Re: For Women Only by Doctor7(m): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
At any moment of irregular cycle, this is due to inability to ovulate at the precise time and there is a cure for such abnormality. contact doctor@herbalmedicalcentre.com
Re: For Women Only by surgeon(m): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
Hello ladies,

I'm afraid I've committed look[/i]ery. Might as well go the whole hog and then commit [i]post[/i]ery  grin

The menstruation is said to be regular, when it comes at [i]regular intervals
. The average is 28 days interval. But there is an accepted normal range: 22 - 36 days.

So, if a lady usually sees her menses every 24 days, as an example, this is normal. And as long as it comes roughly every 24 days interval, it is then said to be regular for that particular lady since that is her usual interval. The regualrity therefore, refers to the rhythm: every so-and-so days interval - and it sticks to that interval if it is regular.

Imagine an event occuring every 6 days, starting from Monday. The next event therefor would be the Sunday following. Then Saturday, and so on. The day of the week changes, but the event still stays regular at every 6-days interval.

The same thing with a regular period. The dates may change from month to month, but it is the interval that determines regularity. Except, of course a mentrual period that comes every 30 days - the date then tends to stay nearly the same, month after month, since this 30-day interval resonates well with the 30-days that makes up a calender month, more or less.

Forgive my intrusion, ladies.
Re: For Women Only by sms4health: 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
Surgeon is absolutely correct.

The regularity is the key, this you will get by counting and not by expecting it on the same day or week, month after month.

If you notice anything else, consult a doctor

(1) (Reply)

Fetal Doppler Market In Nigeria / Any Reason To Why My Palms Are Soft / Health Talks: Anti-aging & Weigth Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.