Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? (1685 Views)

Jonathan Always Defending Broad Day Corruption / Why Jonathan Always Waiting For Foreign Opinions Before Showing Sensitivity? / Why Is Jonathan Always Abroad When Ameachi Is Attacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by Nonnyz: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2012
ilugunboy: He was looking like a blind man cheesy cheesy grin
Him looking like a blind man but could read though from a T'Prompter, and providing ways to solving the present flood situation; and you been a blind man who could not feel the essence of Mr. President's speech, now, who is better?
Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2012
Let me reiterate, that I did not criticize the president broadcasting from a teleprompter, neither did I insult his intelligence. All I said was that he lacks confidence and his presentation was too clumsy. If he like make he read from slate, na him wahala be that, it will never change anything, not even the hardship we're currently facing in Nigeria, I still bought Petrol for N110 today.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by Gbawe: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
Even the word teleprompter is self-explanatory. It should "prompt" you with points you then speak comprehensively on. It should not be an entire book to read word for word. Most leaders know issues comprehensively and only need bullet points so they don't leave out anything and so they can speak on topics perhaps in a hierarchical order. With most leaders, you may not even be aware they are using a teleprompter because a teleprompter is meant to achieve precisely that. I.e show leaders talking and appearing to look at the camera. Most leaders pull it off because they need only a quick glance to note the next point. Much better than a cue card where one would have to look down. Alas, even a teleprompter cannot disguise very poor ability for retaining facts.

1 Like

Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
Nonnyz:
Him looking like a blind man but could read though from a T'Prompter, and providing ways to solving the present flood situation; and you been a blind man who could not feel the essence of Mr. President's speech, now, who is better?

What manner of English is that part in bold?

Feel the essence? so tell what are the essentials in those 15 minutes rants? Except probably dishing out money?

My guy, you as dumb as you are can do better in reading from that teleprompter. grin
Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by naptu2: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
I noticed this same problem with President Obasanjo.

Usually, before reading from a teleprompter, there should be a rehearsal in which issues such as reading speed, distance, cadence etc are ironed out.

The speaker should also be coached on how to make appropriate pauses, etc to make the speech look natural.

There should also be more than one teleprompter, so that the speaker can change direction, etc seemlessly.

There should have been rehearsal and better coaching.
Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
naptu2: I noticed this same problem with President Obasanjo.

Usually, before reading from a teleprompter, there should be a rehearsal in which issues such as reading speed, distance, cadence etc are ironed out.

The speaker should also be coached on how to make appropriate pauses, etc to make the speech look natural.

There should also be more than one teleprompter, so that the speaker can change direction, etc seemlessly.

God bless you
Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by Puntae: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
At this juncture, seeing the much showmanship of ignorance evolving from critics towards the President's speech not forgetting the fact that some of these critics may not ve known the meaning of a TelePrompter abi initio but due to 'follow follow' and 'busy body', they comment jux to feel relevant. I shall reserve my submissions for better issues and with people of sound reasoning and clear understanding.

1 Like

Re: Why Is President Jonathan Always Reading From A Teleprompter? by Ishilove: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
naptu2: I noticed this same problem with President Obasanjo.

In Nigeria?? Do you think these politicians value such? Bwaha! Don't make me laugh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Declares Dec. 25, 26 And Jan. 1 Public Holidays. / Two Firms Begins Pre-paid Meter Supply,Expect 20hrs Light-Eko Disco / President Jonathan's Silence On The war between Gov Elechi And Ibeto Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.