Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Awesome Reward For Honest Cab Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awesome Reward For Honest Cab Man (448 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Samaila Inusa: Army Offers N1Million Reward For Information On Kidnapped Colonel / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Reward For Honest Cab Man by Yaya6: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
“I was flown to Lagos with my wife and our Association Chairman. I attended an elaborate ceremony organized by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) to showcase integrity. I was given some amount of money. I am so happy about it.”

Those were the words of Mr. Imeh Usuah, the Abuja Cab driver whose story of integrity was published in THISDAY edition of September 20, 2012. He has been reward. The story headlined, “One Missing Hero at the National Honour’s Awards” caught the attention of many individuals, corporate organizations, and government agencies. In the end, it was the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) that fired the first shot at recognising integrity.

Mr. Usuah had returned the sum of N18 million to the two Britons who forgot the money in his cab. He said, “I did it to let people know, especially the foreigners that Nigerians are good and great people. I can go hungry for days, for as long as my integrity remains, hunger will disappear by itself”.

Perhaps, Usuah has a clairvoyance eyes to predict his own future that hunger will disappear by itself as integrity takes centre stage in his life, on September 25, exactly five days after the publication, the Security and Exchange Commission honoured a rare ‘national hero’ using him as an ambassador to launch the maiden edition of its Integrity award with the sum of 2.5 million naira reward in cash and investment.

The Director General, SEC, says, “this award is being instituted to remind our people that integrity pays and with integrity we can achieve whatever we want to achieve in life without necessarily cutting corners. Also, it is to tell everyone that integrity can take higher than improper behavior which brings people down.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/awesome-reward-for-honest-cab-man/127186/

(1) (Reply)

Security Vote: What Do You Know About It? / My Predictions About How Money Will Be The Last Tool Of Control For Humanity / Making Legislative Resolutions Mandatory For Executive Heads, Ministries, Agenci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.