Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador (6853 Views)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Goodwill Ambassador Awards Honours Segun Arinze,halima Abubakar / Uche Jombo Appointed As NOUN Goodwill Ambassador / M.I Releases Photo Of Man Threatening To Kill Him Over A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by dasparrow: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
Iskra: I will go easy ...you know my post has nothing personal agaisnt anyone... you have to be angry at the events going on in our society. We are in trouble the road we are going. Do you want to have children some day in the future Do you know what does children will become. be ready to run out of your homes for your kids with the current value system we are peddling. It will be much worse and unimaginable if we dont each start hitting th reset button on our value system. Hard conscientous work pays, or if you dont like hard work, Smart non-injury or non life threathening work pays. I dont believe there will ever be a fair world, but I believe in giving everyone a fair and equal chance to gain the right type of knowledge to make our society better.

Well said. Even when I was growing up, I noticed how most Nigerians just worshiped materialism and money. Hence, it is not surprising that this excessive love/desire for material things has given birth to other societal evils like ritualism, kidnapping, increase in armed robbery and the likes. People just want to become rich overnight by any means possible without hard work so that they can show off to their family and friends. We need to change as a society or more trouble will lie ahead for us in the not-so-distant future.
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Joeblis(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
Who's this paris??please stop displaying your fo.olishness here..
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by dasparrow: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Post

Congrats M.I

1 Like

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Iskra: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Olagamalin...you are either a babalawo who can read peoples minds, a clairvoyant, or you are even elpatch who posted it, or his friend(birds of a feather) or maybe you are a psychologist to deduce he was trying to induce humor. Nevermind, keep towing such lines and see how far it gets you. Lets change our value system, the rot and misguidedness is deep.
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Classicalman(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
paris10:

You're everything that is wrong with Nigeria and black people as a whole. Did I just read where you said he was just commending the guy?

Where are your morals? MI was appointed as UNODC'S Ambassador, and all he could say was "nice watch". Doesn't that just say how unintelligent and childish his comment was? Yet, you couldn't see anything wrong with it.

These are the same b.u.l.l.Poo the African Americans are doing to themselves. You see two people fighting each other, ignorant a.s.s standby's commending their shoes and watches. What a sad world.
Shut up there! Must you comment on his remark? He was only commending his watch for goodness sake. What's eating u up? Negro, please!!!!

1 Like

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Iskra: 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Olagamalin... you know if i put you before a mirror you wont recognise yourself, thats figurative if you understand it. I see facts and I write, I dont throw stones and hope it hits something. I would have said nothing if his compliments were complete. He should not have spoken of only the watch. Thats the problem here but I am sure you dont understand that.
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
i love M.I
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by paris10: 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
Classicalman: Shut up there! Must you comment on his remark? He was only commending his watch for goodness sake. What's eating u up? Negro, please!!!!

Your arrogance of self-depreciation couldn't be more vivid. Saying "shut-up there" corroborate and in-line with the symptom of lack of home training. We're going through tough times in our country and we want our children to be responsive, and above all, have the decency to commend to something that is more objective and positive and not some abstract things.

The #Aluu4 were young dudes, and more importantly, at the time where their hormones takes control of their intellect. We're not saying that the Aluu4 were innocent or without faults, and neither are we saying that they weren't innocent. But these dudes had their lives cut short for an alleged robbery based on materialistic reason. Western culture is good if used to it's full potential, but to be particular about an object which depict materialism is somewhat worrying.

I apologize to everyone if I'm taking this too far. Not just happy about what's going on in my Nigeria
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by oubi: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
Aluu indigens Ɗƺƴ here φђ! shocked shocked see as Ɗƺƴ wan murder sm1 jst cos him like wrist watch. Me been wan lik him outfit bt I go shatap ma mout oo. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by emrino(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
#just a passerby#
Provocation is easy to stir up especially in a place with lots of dissatisfaction like our dear country. I don't think u guys r making ur impact (correction) in d right manner cause hostility can not cause a free mind to respond postively.
How about, "el patch, I think it wld b nice if u cld not only concentrate on something materialistic so some other person doesn't get assuaded from the point being that he is now ambassador lets hope he can make a change with his offis". A smart person wld grab ur point without so mch fuss. Its gud u want a change so badly, yes, we need hungry "change seeking" peeps like u, but u don't need to oppress to buttress or impose to repose. Just an advice cause I can sense u want to be constructive not destructive, regards.

1 Like

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by 10over101: 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
paris10:

Your arrogance of self-depreciation couldn't be more vivid. Saying "shut-up there" corroborate and in-line with the symptom of lack of home training. We're going through tough times in our country and we want our children to be responsive, and above all, have the decency to commend to something that is more objective and positive and not some abstract things.

The #Aluu4 were young dudes, and more importantly, at the time where their hormones takes control of their intellect. We're not saying that the Aluu4 were innocent or without faults, and neither are we saying that they weren't innocent. But these dudes had their lives cut short for an alleged robbery based on materialistic reason. Western culture is good if used to it's full potential, but to be particular about an object which depict materialism is somewhat worrying.

I apologize to everyone if I'm taking this too far. Not just happy about what's going on in my Nigeria
I think u guys need to respect one another's view and orientate in love...trying to show u r more knowledgeable would only make thingz worse...apology accepted on behalf of other dudes up there..Cheers
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by MuNeme(m): 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
Iskra: @el-patch...these are the type of comments that show how very far removed and pathetic our values have become. Of everything to comment about in that post, it is his watch that caught your eye. He wasn't in a fashion show, he has just been made an ambassador due to his hard work, his using his mind constructively and all you see is his watch. If you were to give a talk to secondaRY school or primary school students(sorry, you cant even give a talk I am sure) what would you tell them. Watch or shoes or car or shirt doesnt add any value to you. Think creatively and produce something that endures and be contented with what you have or work with your conscience to make life better for yourself. Not only seeing his shinning watch because I am sure you will do same if you were in school in a university or even walking on the streets and you might even be salivating with dangerous greed and only the amount of values you have in you will determine what it will lead you to do. A strong value system is a priceless commodity. Spread this. If you dont wear a gold watch in your life it doesnt make you less a m,an. If you produce the best furniture there is by your hard work it is better than the naked avarice you just showed in your post. This is what happens to students in schools ,universities and even in our society on general where wrong values has led to our society standing on its head and it is the result we see everyday playing out in all sorts of cultist criminal gangs wanting to wear fine clothes as a sign of belonging(stupid thinking) or force a girl to go out with them(weaklings in their minds), drive a car you dont have the means to own or care for(criminality and laziness). Lets reset our values, we dont need church or mosque for this we need people to shed every form of societal pretence and hold on to true substance. Hard work really pays, hard work and smart CONSCIENTOUS thinking pays.

So you preferred we fight and break our heads here over who's pathetic or not just because of a common celebrity news? And to think you spent your time to write above makes me feel you need a bigger chill pill!
Meanwhile, big ups M I

1 Like

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by aribolseg(m): 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
10 over 10: I think u guys need to respect one another's view and orientate in love...trying to show u r more knowledgeable would only make thingz worse...apology accepted on behalf of other dudes up there..Cheers

Was about saying that.

Honestly I hate commenting here on nairaland cos if u ainnt degraded on typo errors(which could b an oversight), u ll be dehumanised for saying ur opinion in an insultive manner. Watever. I see notin wrong in loving d watch and to d folks against d guys post, I tink u re taking it far more than expected.
Apology on both sides.....

One love
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by MuNeme(m): 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
Iskra: @el-patch...these are the type of comments that show how very far removed and pathetic our values have become. Of everything to comment about in that post, it is his watch that caught your eye. He wasn't in a fashion show, he has just been made an ambassador due to his hard work, his using his mind constructively and all you see is his watch. If you were to give a talk to secondaRY school or primary school students(sorry, you cant even give a talk I am sure) what would you tell them. Watch or shoes or car or shirt doesnt add any value to you. Think creatively and produce something that endures and be contented with what you have or work with your conscience to make life better for yourself. Not only seeing his shinning watch because I am sure you will do same if you were in school in a university or even walking on the streets and you might even be salivating with dangerous greed and only the amount of values you have in you will determine what it will lead you to do. A strong value system is a priceless commodity. Spread this. If you dont wear a gold watch in your life it doesnt make you less a m,an. If you produce the best furniture there is by your hard work it is better than the naked avarice you just showed in your post. This is what happens to students in schools ,universities and even in our society on general where wrong values has led to our society standing on its head and it is the result we see everyday playing out in all sorts of cultist criminal gangs wanting to wear fine clothes as a sign of belonging(stupid thinking) or force a girl to go out with them(weaklings in their minds), drive a car you dont have the means to own or care for(criminality and laziness). Lets reset our values, we dont need church or mosque for this we need people to shed every form of societal pretence and hold on to true substance. Hard work really pays, hard work and smart CONSCIENTOUS thinking pays.

So you preferred we fight and break our heads here over who's pathetic or not just because of a common celebrity news? And to think you spent your time to write the epistle above makes me feel you need a bigger chill pill!
Kai,some dudes can be too serious
Meanwhile, big ups M I(nice shoes)
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by sturvs: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Nobody: 3:52am On Oct 10, 2012
Gaiden k: Another quality product of jos.

Taraba!

@ Iskra...you are just unnecessarily rigid

M.I congrats!
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Dahbutter(m): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2012
Congrats to the undisputed MI! Well deserved for a guy who speaks his mind and is never swayed by political favour and material gains unlike most other Nigerian artistes who sold their concience to pdp for peanuts. I love this guy- Mr Incredible

1 Like

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by dave247(m): 11:17am On Oct 10, 2012
Hey, Nice one here! Congrats Bro..... Doing it for Africans......Congrats Again
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by nkenzino(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
come one , come all vote LIKWID lounge as best bar,best new bar,best club n best new club....http://www.thecbrawards.com/index.php?option=com_smartformer&formid=5
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Chinakwaeze(m): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
And so
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Thumbs up @ MI
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by livingstoneony(m): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2012
Leadn: Our very Own Mr Incredible becomes a UN Ambassador for UNODC

Chocolate City Music rapper Jude Abaga, popularly known as Mr. Incredible has been knighted as UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador on Smuggling of Migrants in Abuja.

Smuggling has been defined as the procurement of such peoples into a State for financial or material benefit. Virtually every country in the world is affected by this crime; Nigeria is no exception.

M.I, has been selected to speak against this vicious cycle. He serves as a role model capable of speaking powerfully against such smuggling. His journey in hip-hop within Africa stands to remind young men and women that even when the odds are stacked against you, persistence and hard-work pay off.

visit the link to see his tweet, and tweet at him to congratulate him...
http://xtremegists.com/2012/10/m-i-honored-as-un-goodwill-ambassador-for-unodc/

UNODC assists Governments and other entities across the world to roll back threats causes by illicit drugs, transnational organized crime and terrorism.
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by livingstoneony(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2012

Chocolate City Music rapper Jude Abaga, popularly known as Mr. Incredible has been knighted as UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador on Smuggling of Migrants in Abuja.

Smuggling has been defined as the procurement of such peoples into a State for financial or material benefit. Virtually every country in the world is affected by this crime; Nigeria is no exception.

M.I, has been selected to speak against this vicious cycle. He serves as a role model capable of speaking powerfully against such smuggling. His journey in hip-hop within Africa stands to remind young men and women that even when the odds are stacked against you, persistence and hard-work pay off.

UNODC assists Governments and other entities across the world to roll back threats causes by illicit drugs, transnational organized crime and terrorism.
Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by livingstoneony(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2012

Re: M.I Appointed As UNODC’s Goodwill Ambassador by livingstoneony(m): 10:03am On Oct 11, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Top Yoruba Actors From Other Tribes (photos) / 36,000 Youths Benefit From Churchill's Foundation "Say No To Hunger" Project / Tboss Of Bbnaija Gets N25million Endorsement For An E-commerce Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.