Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,475 members, 7,850,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Ndigbo And Politics Of Indigenship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo And Politics Of Indigenship (523 Views)

What Comes To My Mind Whenever Ndigbo And Biafra Are Mentioned / Ndigbo And 2015 Election: The Correctness Of A Mistake / Igbos Must Prove To The Oba Of Lagos That We Are Ndigbo And We Bow To No Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo And Politics Of Indigenship by Ikndukwe: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2012
Dimgba Celestine A. holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fine & Applied Arts. He is physically challenged and had done creditably well as a Corps member in Imo State. Celestine was offered automatic employm
ent at a ceremony the Governor of Imo State Rochas Okorocha made a hype of.

In an interview conducted by Imo State Civil Service, Celestine was told that he would not be employed as the Civil Service of Imo State is reserved for Imo indigenes. See the date of his employment as further evidence.

I have decided to bring the case of Celestine to public knowledge as a further proof that Imo State has secretly been punishing non – indigenes but not bold enough to tell the public as it was the case in Abia.

Imo State had long disengaged non – indigenes but was quick to condemn Abia for doing same. Enugu is the worst as there is no vacancy at all for non – indigenes, ditto Anambra and Ebonyi. The difference between the Abia Governor and his sister governors is that while TAO made news of his sincerity of purpose, his colleagues curried favour in pretence.

Let somebody from Imo verify the authenticity of this claim and tell us why politics should be mixed with indigenship.

I am sure people have been acting in ignorance as these facts are hardly known. Now Celestine is just one out a few other thousands who the Abia State government has successfully engaged. By the way, not only from Imo and sister states, there are many more from the North who are Abians.

THE TRUTH
Abia appears to be the most liberal of all the States in the South east. These are my reasons:

1. The Chairmen of all major Markets in Aba are non – Abians. The implication is that fairly, they control the State economy. The man at Ariaria is Imo while Cemetry is controlled by Anambra, same is applicable to Ekeoha and Ngwa Road Markets at Aba. Even the famous Umuahia Industrial Market is ruled by Onye Imo.
2. The Chairman of Nigeria Bar Association, Aba Branch (the largest and most influential) is from Anambra
3. All Catholic Bishops in Abia are non – indigenes. Did you just ask my business with catholic Church? I am using it to buttress how liberal and understanding a people can be.
4. The most prominent Chamber of Commerce in Abia is controlled by a non – indigene.

It is therefore preposterous and unspeakable for anybody to play politics with indigenization. As for our friends in the social media, especially those from Igbere who are inciting the public against the governor and government of Abia State, they seem to have forgotten so soon that even within the Abia setting, they carved out Igbere as another State. How? All employments in Abia between 1999 and 2007 were reserved 70% for Igbere and 30% for other areas in Abia as a bold statement that their son was the Governor of the State. They have never complained in any of their threads. They are crying foul now because a more liberal person is trying to distribute resources evenly. It is only God that will punish the wicked while history will vindicate the just

(1) (Reply)

‘suspend Execution Of 800 Condemned Prisoners In Nigeria’ / IMF Commends Nigeria's "Dynamic Reforms" / Senator Ekweremadu:senate'll Not Delist Bakassi,Territory Can Still Be Retrieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.