Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Writing A Winning Proposal! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing A Winning Proposal! (638 Views)

Questions About Writing A Book / Be An Author Of A Government Textbook,be Immortalized Without Writing A Sentence / I Am Writing a Novel and Need Some Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing A Winning Proposal! by tomakint: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
There are rules to consider and steps to be taken before embarking on the project of proposal-writing. Proposals are meant to project your idea to the public which might attract support in return. To make it worthwhile, you need time and energy to really draft a very rich one. Let’s consider the following together and it is my prayer you will find them extremely useful;

Three things to consider before writing a winning proposal:

• Who is my audience? You need to decide to whom you are writing the proposal. You need to make sure that your would-be targeted audiences are put into deeper consideration, think about what they might already know or not know about your topic.

• What do I want my audience to get from my proposal? The overall purpose of the proposal should be to get the reader’s approval. Your main purpose should be clearly stated. The readers should not have to figure out what you are requesting in the proposal. The best advice is to state your purpose upfront and then fill in details later in the body of the proposal.

• How then can I make my audience understands what I want them to know? You must put yourself in the shoes of your readers. Think about what they want to hear. Think about what they don’t want to hear. Get someone else to read your proposal before you submit it. Make sure that his or her reaction is what you expected the reader’s reaction to be.

To write good proposals follow these tips;

• State the purpose clearly at the beginning of the proposal

• State the background information the reader will need to understand your proposal

• Use language that everyone can understand

• Use short sentences that are clear and to the point

• Make sure that your ideas are not hidden between unnecessary words

• Make sure that the reader has all the important information needed for the final decision

Proposals will either be accepted or rejected. Obviously, you want your proposal to be accepted. To help make this possible, follow the six steps listed below;

• Your proposal should define the problem and state how you plan to solve the problem: Your proposal should assure your readers that you solve the problem effectively. Everything in the proposal should revolve around the problem and an effective way to solve it.

• Do not assume that your readers will believe your solution is the best: The purpose of your proposal is to convince your readers that your solution is the best. You should not be over confident that they will approve of your solution. Do your best to look at the proposal and solution from the reader’s point of view.

• Your proposal should be researched thoroughly: If possible you should provide readers with examples and facts. These items usually make your proposal more meaningful and convincing. Try to keep your opinions out of the proposal. Opinions are not facts, and most readers will not support them. The best advice is to research other articles and proposals on your topic. You can always include this information in your own proposal.

• Your proposal should prove that your solution works: Make sure that your solution is possible. You should include an analysis of your plan and possible results of your solution. Try a pre-test of your solution to see if it works. You may need to revise your solution before submitting your proposal.

• Your proposal should be financially feasible: Think about the finances of the company or person to whom you are writing the proposal. Make sure that they can afford the solution you are proposing. Make sure to explain why your solution would be worth their time and money.

• Your finished proposal should look attractive: The finished proposal should be as perfect as you can get it. This includes the overall appearance of the proposal and the content inside the proposal.

Looking at the above elaborations on proposal writing, it must be noted that writing a befitting proposal requires a lot of time and energy, and getting the right materials. Nicely written proposals are the best way to get your ideas where they need to go. They are also the best way to get your problem addressed and your solution implemented!

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview Tips / How To Create E-book With Microsoft Word / Behold: 15-year Old Author Emerges!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.