Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? (6517 Views)

...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by cogsej06(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
yuzedo: My Wedding:

1. Less than 50 guests.
2. Reception in my compound.
3. Sliced Bread & Stew + Coke (2 to 1 bottle)
4. Honeymoon in one of the rooms of my brother's mansion.

Budget?
1. 10 loaves of Butterfield Bread + Two Crates of Coke = N4500
2. Reception Venue = Free
3. Honeymoon = Free

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

lmao and falls frm my office chair to the amusement of my colleagues
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by 2sa2: 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
xtremeidea: [size=28pt]LOL[/size]
do you have to make it so big? angry
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by kedukc(m): 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Profidada: What borders me most is this issue of honey moon. You see a couple during wedding only for them to disappear into tin air with their cell phones switched off all in the name of honey moon. Some find themselves in hotel fucking without telling anyone their location. What if something strange happens where will the necessary assistance come from.

Damn, i havent laffed for some tym on dis site! This one got me.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by specialguest(f): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
Its ok but personally i dont find mr biggs appealing as a wedding Reception/ lunch venue. Reason been that the food tastes funny ever since i became an adult angry (i think a few will agree with me) ... Since a wedding is suppozed to be a memorable event id suggest u sought the assistance of friends/ relatives to cook at home and you can have the lunch in your living room or if its small then you could put up a meduim sized canopy in the compound, plastic chairs and tables dont cost much to rent.
In addition get a dj in the same manner you get the cooks.. Scout for one among your cousins, brothers, brother in laws, friends etc someone should be good at spinning.

All the best.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by deluckiest(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
jigawatts: @OP: its very okay, as long as ur patner is okay with it

As for me, a very little introduction(sitting-room stuff) and Nikkai (Islamic Marriage) in the mosque will seal it for me, Nothing more, after the Nikkai in the mosque, just few foodstuffs will be sealed and shared in the mosque, thats all, no partying, no noise-making, Cash gifts will be highly preferable. NO RECEPTION, NO DANCING, NO NOTHING, We'll do our RECEPTION and DANCING with ourselves later in the Night wink wink

Lol...You are a real miser! grin
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by deluckiest(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
ednut1: dis is d kind of tin i want, but my mum will never allow, we went for a weddin in ilorin last month, hall 1m, caterer 2.5m, oda expenses dont knw, 8 cows from wednesday to saturday, govnor came chief iman came, i was jst der smh. Wat wastage, my own mum aand her friends are into opressin each oda

super story...next.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
1ndidi2: I picked some ideas from a discussion on wedding expenses and came up with this:

First we would stock up the house with enough foodstuffs,appliances and all the necessary material things to start a home(good food/entertainment is part of honey moon)

Then with the immediate family members alone we do a little get-to-gether in the sitting room for the traditional rites.

On a sunday morning we go to church as normal with very few guests- d IV card would read(wedding/thanksgiving/lunch...) So after the mass proper we give thanksgiving,then we proceed to a mr.biggs or something and order up food/drink for the 'very few 'guests.
All the guests have to be in church and we all proceed together to the venue! Maybe I won't disclose the venue for the lunch so that quarter of the guests won't be @church and one half would be @the 'mr biggs' already(probably ordering up)!

I guess who didn't come to church may miss out!

What do you think?X_X

I think I love this idea but the challenge would likely be the parents on both sides and sometimes the bride. I remember responding to a wallpost of my friend on Facebook once on the issue of wedding where I said if I had my way, 30people would be the maximum number of people at my wedding. When next I called my fiancee, we argued over that for almost 30minutes with her insisting she was only going to wed once in her life time. Anyways, as for me, I have decided that when we want to do the wedding, I ain't going to spend more than what I plan and if they need me to assist more than I plan to, then my take would be no reception and let us serve the meals right there in church.
I remember discussing something like that with my mum and she was like her 1st son's wedding can't be done that way and all stuffs. That day, I missed my dad because I knew he would always listen first even if he isn't going to accept but my mum is the opposite and I too could be very obstinate when I make up my mind. I am just waiting till then and see what plays out because I am not ready to waste money I can use to plan for my family feeding people who all they have to do at my wedding is to come merry.

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
Profidada: What borders me most is this issue of honey moon. You see a couple during wedding only for them to disappear into tin air with their cell phones switched off all in the name of honey moon. Some find themselves in hotel fucking without telling anyone their location. What if something strange happens where will the necessary assistance come from.

Some few friends usually know where the honeymoon is.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by 1ndidi2(f): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
specialguest: Its ok but personally i dont find mr biggs appealing as a wedding Reception/ lunch venue. Reason been that the food tastes funny ever since i became an adult angry (i think a few will agree with me) ... Since a wedding is suppozed to be a memorable event id suggest u sought the assistance of friends/ relatives to cook at home and you can have the lunch in your living room or if its small then you could put up a meduim sized canopy in the compound, plastic chairs and tables dont cost much to rent.
In addition get a dj in the same manner you get the cooks.. Scout for one among your cousins, brothers, brother in laws, friends etc someone should be good at spinning.

All the best.

Tanks sis! Money aint d problem,I just want a lowkey/different arrangement.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by birdman(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
There is no such thing as moderate in Nigerian wedding. Just ready your bank account. Otherwise your relatives will be using you as reference point of what not to do 10 years from now
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by divinelove(m): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Weddings and Child Dedication are things you should not hold back your spending. These are happy moments in a lifetime. If you do not spend on Weddings, do you prefer to spend on burials or memorials ? Common, if you must be married, be financially okay. And make sure you spend money on it. I hate conservatism when it comes to once in a lifetime event. Stop this misers mindset, we are not Londoners.

so u ll encourage ppl to borrow so as to ve a society wedding they dnt need. It all boils down to wat one can afford n getting ones priorities right plus separating needs frm wants. More like cut ur coat according to ur cloths
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by emalekuo(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
All the babes here just dey run their mouth that u are cheap for wanting a small wedding. These same girls no get 10 kobo and may not even know how to work for one yet they all want big weddings. If you know what its like to make money in this present economic climate you would understand that only the pastor prayer is enough. If you have the raw cash splash it but if you don't ? Pls send no one. I rather have a simple wedding and have a splendid honey moon than wasting my money on food that guests don't even eat.

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by chiomat: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
plz i need to know d court wedding procedure, mine is december plz get me informed tanks.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
birdman: There is no such thing as moderate in Nigerian wedding. Just ready your bank account. Otherwise your relatives will be using you as reference point of what not to do 10 years from now

They will only use you as a bad example if you are not doing well in life but if you are, they would use you as a positive reference. Therefore, why not define yourself before it gets too late.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by pendusky(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2012
Odinaka00:

Hahahahahahahahaha dude U̶̲̥̅̊ got ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on Ŧħåϯ one o.....I'm laughing like a crazy mauphuker in my office nw lol

*mouth sealed*
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by birdman(m): 8:56am On Oct 12, 2012
GboyegaD:

They will only use you as a bad example if you are not doing well in life but if you are, they would use you as a positive reference. Therefore, why not define yourself before it gets too late.

They will then claim you are stingy. Of course you shouldn't base your life on what your relatives say, but you need to know its going to be there.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by kessyur: 9:29am On Oct 12, 2012
pendusky: Nlers are neva serious people...i wished seun create a board that people subscribe at least $10 a month to view and comment on it! Atleast for serious people!!

Anyway i blame etisalat and airtel for the free mb...
.this is suppose to be an interesting topic that so many would have learn from, but the comments are naïve.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by pendusky(m): 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
kessyur: .this is suppose to be an interesting topic that so many would have learn from, but the comments are naïve.

Ure right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Budget Event Decoration Call 08171542705 / Most Popular Event Centre In Ikeja / RAW HONEY FOR SKIN LIGHTNING & BRIGHTENING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.