Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan (8777 Views)

Anambra To Begin Export Of Rice Soon – Gov. Obiano / Nigeria Donates 1,003 Tonnes Of Rice, Maize & Fish To Namibia / Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Neversaydie: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
Importation of rice unacceptable - Jonathan •As FG attracts $7.8bn investment into Agric sector

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has said that the continued importation of rice into the country is unacceptable.

He reiterated that his government would do all that is necessary to put an end to it by 2015 and save the country about N1billion per day.

Speaking during the inaugural meeting of the Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council at the State House, Abuja, on Tuesday, he said the nation's private sector was demonstrating increasing capacity in producing quality rice locally.

“It is unacceptable that Nigeria is still importing rice. This administration is, therefore, determined to ensure that Nigeria becomes self-sufficient in rice production by 2015, so as to reduce the current level of N1billion per day spent on rice importation,” he said.

According to him, in the last 12 months, 13 new private sector rice mills had come up with a total capacity of 240,000 metric tonnes, while the demand for locally produced rice was rising.

The president's remark came on a day that it was revealed that about $7.8 billion investment had been attracted into the agriculture sector this year alone, with agriculture output hitting 8.1million metric tonnes.

President Jonathan observed that the council's first meeting was coming at a time when many parts of the country were being ravaged by unprecedented flooding, which could have adverse effects on farm produce.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/48934-mportation-of-rice-unacceptable-jonathan-as-fg-attracts-78bn-investment-into-agric-sector
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by hollypagan: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
this is opening a fortune door for dangote

2 Likes

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by packman: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
Neversaydie: Importation of rice unacceptable - Jonathan •As FG attracts $7.8bn investment into Agric sector

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has said that the continued importation of rice into the country is unacceptable.

He reiterated that his government would do all that is necessary to put an end to it by 2015 and save the country about N1billion per day.

Speaking during the inaugural meeting of the Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council at the State House, Abuja, on Tuesday, he said the nation's private sector was demonstrating increasing capacity in producing quality rice locally.

“It is unacceptable that Nigeria is still importing rice. This administration is, therefore, determined to ensure that Nigeria becomes self-sufficient in rice production by 2015, so as to reduce the current level of N1billion per day spent on rice importation,” he said.

According to him, in the last 12 months, 13 new private sector rice mills had come up with a total capacity of 240,000 metric tonnes, while the demand for locally produced rice was rising.

The president's remark came on a day that it was revealed that about $7.8 billion investment had been attracted into the agriculture sector this year alone, with agriculture output hitting 8.1million metric tonnes.

President Jonathan observed that the council's first meeting was coming at a time when many parts of the country were being ravaged by unprecedented flooding, which could have adverse effects on farm produce.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/48934-mportation-of-rice-unacceptable-jonathan-as-fg-attracts-78bn-investment-into-agric-sector

[size=40pt]INCAPABLE GEJ SAYING INPORTING OF RICE IS UNACCEPTABLE WAT RUBBISH

BEFORE SAYING THAT WHAT HAS HE PUT ON GROUND BEFORE BRINGING OUT SUCH RATARD STATEMENT

RUBBISH[/size]
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by 234GT(m): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
We have heard this over and over. What are you doing to make sure importation of rice stops? How are you helping genuine local farmers, not political farmers?

1 Like

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
Neversaydie: He reiterated that his government would do all that is necessary to put an end to it by 2015 and save the country about N1billion per day.

Save it for who? Pinching salt.

1 Like

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
It definitely is unacceptable sir... As long as u've got a plan...

I'd prefer u leave us in dis egypt.... Dan allow us die in d wilderness!

3 Likes

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by chucky234(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Another 2015 campaign strategy,hmmm rice importation unacceptable.
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by packman: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
Imanuelle: It definitely is unacceptable sir... As long as u've got a plan...

I'd prefer u leave us in dis egypt.... Dan allow us die in d wilderness!

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA CANT STOP LAFFING grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by mrperfect(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2012
Is a welcome development so that locally made will be developed.

1 Like

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by acidtalk: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
Jonathan Oh! GCFON of MISPLACED PRIORITIES.

So na Rice importation be the upper most agender ontop your table now shey?

God will help us.

By the Way, Nigeria has no functional rice processing plant(s) yet to cater for the 'high' rice consumptions by Nigeria.

Abi you want make we dey chop rice with stones and shaft?

Mr Man, leave us alone, na Uncle Bens Rice you dey chop for villa. Make we still dey manage our Caprice and Tomato rice.

Concentrate on other more pressing issues.

Mr Jonatha leave us alone oh!!!
Na jeje we siddon our own you don bring another wahala come.

6 Likes

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by BrutusOj(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
It will encourage Dangote monopolies grin grin grin
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by kooto(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
packman:

BEFORE SAYING THAT WHAT HAS HE PUT ON GROUND BEFORE BRINGING OUT SUCH RATARD STATEMENT

RUBBISH[/size]
You have just been told what he has put on ground!
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by gbanikiti(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
And how does the unacceptable importation of rice gonna affect the price of garri? Abeg ayam not ready to spoil my teeth with stonish ofada rice! undecided
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Kslib(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
Neversaydie:

VISION 2015 !!!!!
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by taharqa: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
packman:

RUBBISH[/size]
You are an eediot and a complete ignoranti for writing d above. If you know you dont hv a clue wot hv bn done( and wot is still bn done) so far in d Rice sector, then SHUT ya Mouth

1 Like

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
At average of N1B per day, Nigeria spends N365B annually on Imported Rice. That is N365B into other people's economy. $7.8 FDI into the Agro-sector translates to about 1.2Trillion Naira. There is so much opportunity in the Agro-Sector at the moment. Every State in Nigeria has this natural resource called 'Landmass', yet they are queuing up at Abuja for monthly Oil Egunje instead of exploring the opportunities in the Agro Sector.

6 Likes

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by vodkat: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
do u know how many ppl eat rice everyday in 9ja? MILLIONS so wat he is saying is in order
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by chucky234(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
Billyonaire: At average of N1B per day, Nigeria spends N365B annually on Imported Rice. That is N365B into other people's economy. $7.8 FDI into the Agro-sector translates to about 1.2Trillion Naira. There is so much opportunity in the Agro-Sector at the moment. Every State in Nigeria has this natural resource called 'Landmass', yet they are queuing up at Abuja for monthly Oil Egunje instead of exploring the opportunities in the Agro Sector.
Is Nigeria the only country importing rice? Nigeria is not on the list of Thailand's top rice buyers,GEJ should put rice facilities in place before stopping the importation of rice.

1 Like

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
chucky234: Is Nigeria the only country importing rice? Nigeria is not on the list of Thailand's top rice buyers,GEJ should put rice facilities in place before stopping the importation of rice.
Yes, Nigeria is on the top list of rice importers from Thailand. Go google. If you understood the grammer, there is about $7.8B FDIs into Afric Sector already, that translates to N1.232 Trillion Naira. Government has no Business in Business. Itis left for you to take yourself off the Computer, get into the farms and access the facilities provided by these foreign investment partners, its PPP. If you do not get into the JV or Equity partnership with them, they will have no reason to draw their funds into the country. Stay there and criticize.

3 Likes

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by sunrise4u: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
mr pesident sir, did u checkd d rice ur house made gave u yesterday? Its imported rice. So who is fooling who sir? Vision 20 20 20, 9ja is working in deed.....
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by taharqa: 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
chucky234: Is Nigeria the only country importing rice? Nigeria is not on the list of Thailand's top rice buyers,GEJ should put rice facilities in place before stopping the importation of rice.
so you do not know dat Nigeria is the 2nd largest importer( i wud nt be surprisd if it now 1st) importer of rice in d world, eh Chucki?this is for a country dat all its regions can produce various varieties of rice....you did read from d speech dat 13 new mills hv bn built in d last yr( or you thought that was a fluck )? Do you kw dat you can nw import rice processing equipments duty and vat free? Stay there and complain while smart ppl( unfortunately including Foreigners) are taking advantage of rising opportunities
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by khrisponty(m): 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
...But to import toothpick is acceptable abi?
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by SlyIg(f): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
packman:

RUBBISH[/size]
If i ve gotten access to your face,i would simply spank it! Make sure you read an article before rushing to comment it. Idiott t t t t t...
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Louis88: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
Just reading this makes me want to flog you,are you even listening yourself,please tell me,which country in this modern age imports what it can produce domestically,Nigeria does not only have the capacity to produce locally to satisfy local consumption but also export and earn hard currencies in exchange,if more mills are set up to cope with the demand do you know how many jobs will be created,do you not know that this is also one of the most effective ways of creating wealth in the grassroots? I mean are you this blind?

4 Likes

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by SlyIg(f): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
acidtalk: Jonathan Oh! GCFON of MISPLACED PRIORITIES.

So na Rice importation be the upper most agender ontop your table now shey?

God will help us.

By the Way, Nigeria has no functional rice processing plant(s) yet to cater for the 'high' rice consumptions by Nigeria.

Abi you want make we dey chop rice with stones and shaft?

Mr Man, leave us alone, na Uncle Bens Rice you dey chop for villa. Make we still dey manage our Caprice and Tomato rice.

Concentrate on other more pressing issues.

Mr Jonatha leave us alone oh!!!
Na jeje we siddon our own you don bring another wahala come.
Im simply tired of someone like you on dis forum. So food isnt a pressing issue my dear! Some people would just sit down to criticise negatively. Infact,i dont kw where and how to start putting you in order. Leave your phone/computer and get busy with yourself. Stop talking unnecessarily here. When reasonable people are talking abt how to move on with life in d country,you are there lazying abt with your brain. Mtweeeeeeew...

4 Likes

Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by packman: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
SlyIg:
If i ve gotten access to your face,i would simply spank it! Make sure you read an article before rushing to comment it. Idiott t t t t t...

[size=40pt]wat an idiot in the form of human skin you are the most annoying ting about you is you read the full post yet you cant seem to understand my concern

you are such a ratard that knows Noting

FOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL[/size]
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by SlyIg(f): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2012
Louis88: Just reading this makes me want to flog you,are you even listening yourself,please tell me,which country in this modern age imports what it can produce domestically,Nigeria does not only have the capacity to produce locally to satisfy local consumption but also export and earn hard currencies in exchange,if more mills are set up to cope with the demand do you know how many jobs will be created,do you not know that this is also one of the most effective ways of creating wealth in the grassroots? I mean are you this blind?
Never mind all these sillyy foolss on nairaland who cant even manage their brain but are busy criticising the president.
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
packman:

[size=40pt]wat an idiot in the form of human skin you are the most annoying ting about you is you read the full post yet you cant seem to understand my concern

Reduce the font size or you will be banned. This is not a threat, its a guarantee!
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by HayZee06(m): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mr President, if importation of rice is unacceptable then exportation of D*me P....is prohibited....Gbam!!!
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Abuleoshi: 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
didnt this same mo-ron GEJ go to malawi some weeks back and say he wants them to export rice to Nigeria? typical GEJ being clueless as usual, i will be surprised when he starts having clues to Nigeria's numerous problems!
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by doofanc: 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
The quality of the locally produced ones will rival that of any foreign one.

I don't know what it is with Nigerians and imported goods
Re: Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan by Louis88: 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
packman:

Punk,you can't even type a straight sentence of correct English and yet you come here to try and engage in issues with people who are far more intellectually advanced than you can ever be in the next 10yrs,please don't come here to spill balderdash,go and learn good English first then you can come back let's discuss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customized Irrigation Solutions for Plantain, Cocoa & other tree Crops / Maize Market In Nigeria / 250 Trailers Load With Fertilizer Arrive Kebbi For Dry Season Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.