Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,114 members, 7,860,028 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Jungle Justice Vs. Lawful Justice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jungle Justice Vs. Lawful Justice (868 Views)

Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / NCC Plans To Introduce Lawful Interception Of Private Communications? / Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jungle Justice Vs. Lawful Justice by Cornel88(m): 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Jungle Justice vs. Lawful Justice.
People believe that the jungle
justice is more positively effective
than the lawful justice because if
police should catch a thief today,
the next 2...3days you see that
same thief on the street, as free as
a bird. For that reason they take
the law by their hand by beating,
burnin, killin etc. them (thieves)
rather than handin dem ova to d
police. Look at the Mubi marsarcar
case, they are still investigating
while the family and friends of the
victims are waiting patiently for
Justice after some culprit are in
police custody. Imagine these
Mudi culprit to be in the hands of
Aluu community, by now their
case would be like that of
Solomon Grunding. I'm not saying
that the 4 Uniport guys are guilty
neither am I sayin that the jungle
justice is better than lawful
justice. But i'm sayin that there
should be an effective lawful
judgment that wil warrant death
sentence after proper
investegations proved a person
guilty so as to reduce the rate of
jungle justice. Imagine this
Uniport guy's case in the hands of
the police, investigations would
have proven then innocent if they
truely are. Kill is geting too much
this day in Nigeria o... I wil advice
dat we stop hope wen we hav not
act. Let us act and hope.
Re: Jungle Justice Vs. Lawful Justice by braine(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
Inasmuch as I prefer lawful justice, sometimes some criminals deserve a modicum of jungle justice but not to the extent of killing. I believe things will change as the Aluu case will kinda make people aware that the act is not acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice Vs. Lawful Justice by 19naia(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
Also many times when something is stolen or someone is raped or assaulted,it is hard to get the police to come when needed ,and so people learn that there is not often help when needed ,so they do what they want to be appeased...I see it in other countries police-very fat and slow and look offended when they are asked to do their job while some police are cynical because so many cases are not serious while the accuser tries to make a bad word argument seem like murder,and so the police get attitude to not get serious until after the victim is dead....needing evidence in the law is a good thing and also the biggest problem to getting justice made...the judge and lawyer and jury are never at the crime scene and never witness the act and even of the hundreds who may have witnessed an act,very few will be made to testify...The justice is decided by the people(judge and jury) least likely to know about what happened other than by hear say...the fact remains that while many guilty go free in modern justice,Far fewer people are killed in innocense as we trade a few forgiven and forgotten guilty -so that less people are unjustly convicted ..

(1) (Reply)

Simplest Of National Flag Design / Have You Been Shot Before? Your Experience. / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.