Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

How To Discover A Winning Business Ideas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Discover A Winning Business Ideas (1835 Views)

25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Free Ebook On Writing A Professional And Winning Business Plan / How To Write A Winning Feasibility Study To Attract Investor To Your Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Discover A Winning Business Ideas by page9(m): 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
: How To Discover a Winning Business
Idea

I can't but wonder why some people find it difficult to come up with an idea of their own. If indeed you are better-off giving birth to your biological child than wanting to adopt others children especially when there is no indication that you are infertile. Same with ideas. People are eager to post request for ideas as if it's "One cap fits all"

What works for Mr A, may be a disaster if Mr B tries it . And 1000 and one reasons could be attributed for differente outcome. Therefore, Nathan than expect a "Sure banker" idea as the pool bettors will say, you can do a better job of it yourself.

Business ideas are all around you. Some business
ideas come from a careful analysis of market trends
and consumer needs; others come from serendipity.
If you are interested in starting a business, but
don't know what product or service you might sell,
exploring these ways of getting business ideas
flowing will help you
choose.

1) Examine your own skill set for business ideas.
Do you have a talent or proven track record that
could become the basis of a profitable business?
The other day I spoke to a man who had spent years
managing cleaning services at a hospital. Today he
runs his own successful domestic and business
cleaning service. An ex-logger I know is now making
his living as an artist; he creates "chainsaw
sculptures" out of wood. And the examples of
professionals who have started their own agencies or
consulting service businesses are legion.
To find a viable business idea, ask yourself, "What
have I done? What can I do? Will people be willing to
pay for my products or services?"
2) Keep up with current events and be ready to take
advantage of business opportunities .
If you read or watch the news regularly with the
conscious intent of finding business ideas, you'll be
amazed at how many business opportunities your
brain generates. Keeping up with current events will
help you identify market trends, new fads, industry
news - and sometimes just new ideas that have
business possibilities.
For instance, there are now also entrepreneurs who are
selling tourist travel packages

3) Invent a new product or service.
Think back 30 years ago. Was there a huge demand
for anti-virus software, Internet Service Providers,
or desktop computers? No! The key to coming up with
business ideas for a new product or service is to
identify a market need that's not being met. The
clamor for ever-increasing security, for instance,
has led to an explosion of new security products and
services, ranging from iris-recognition machines
through home security services.
Look around and ask yourself, "How could this
situation be improved?" Ask people about additional
services that they'd like to see. Focus on a particular
target market and brainstorm business ideas for
services that that group would be interested in. For
example, there are millions of childrens across
Nigeria. What products or services could you
create that would enable them to grow, play, study
more easily and live better?

4) Add value to an existing product.
The difference between raw wood and finished
lumber is a good example of putting a product
through an additional process which increases its
value, but additional processes are not the only way
value can be added. You might also add services, or
combine the product with other products. For
instance, a local farm which sells produce also offers
a vegetable delivery service; for a fee, consumers
can have a box of fresh vegetables delivered to their
door each week.
What business ideas can you develop along these
lines? Focus on what products you might buy and
what you might do to them or with them to create a
profitable business.
Continue to the next page, to read more ways of finding
business ideas.

entrepreneurial frame of mind, you'll see that finding business ideas is just as easy as finding leaves on trees. Here are more ways you can generate business ideas:

5) Investigate other markets.

Some business ideas aren't suited to local consumption - but appeal greatly to a foreign market. My own little village is surrounded by acres of wild strawberries. For years the bushes produced berries that mainly fed by birds; B.C. has a thriving strawberry industry that doesn't leave room for a wild berry market. But one entrepreneur realized that there is a high demand for products such as these in Japan - and those same wild berries are now being harvested and shipped. Finding out about other cultures and investigating other market opportunities is an excellent way to find business ideas.

.6) Improve an existing product or service

.You know what they say about the person who builds a better mousetrap. That person could be you! A local entrepreneur has created an improved version of the hula hoop; it's bigger and heavier so hula-hoopers can control it more easily and do more tricks. How did she come up with this business idea? She thought hula hooping would be a fun thing to do with her daughter, but found the commercially available product too flimsy.There are very few products (or services) that can't be improved. Start generating business ideas by looking at the products and services you use and brainstorming ideas as to how they could be better.

7) Get on the bandwagon!
Sometimes govt policies may necessitate a sudden demand for a product or service. i.e. Okada and crash helmet. Likewise markets demand for certain products or services may surge for no apparent reason; masses of people suddenly "want" something, and the resulting demand can't be immediately met. For example, during the SARS epidemic, there was an insatiable demand for facial masks in several countries - and many entrepreneurs capitalized on this business idea.A "bandwagon effect" is also created by larger social trends. There is much more of a demand for properties than 20yrs ago.Look at existing businesses and the products and services they offer and determine if there's a need for more of those products or services. If there is, develop business ideas to fit the market gap. Are you brimming with ideas for starting a business now?

Write your business ideas down. Let them swirl around in your head and coalesce. And keep an open mind and continue to assess everything you read and hear from an entrepreneurial point of view. You don't want to run with the first business idea you think of; you want to discover the idea that's best suited to your skills and desires. Dream, think, plan - and you'll be ready to transform that business idea into the business you've always wanted.

Really. Once you develop an entrepreneurial frame of mind, you'll see that finding workable business idea is very easy.

Best of lucks to all those in search
Re: How To Discover A Winning Business Ideas by braine(m): 12:05am On Oct 11, 2012
Thanks OP. This is quite educating.
Re: How To Discover A Winning Business Ideas by firfinch(m): 12:44am On Oct 11, 2012
Nice and educative. Thanks!
Re: How To Discover A Winning Business Ideas by biz1234: 4:22am On Oct 11, 2012
Well done, you have really hit the nail right on the head. One of the problems people have is that they lack better ways to sell their ideas. Even after coming up with any, they still find it very difficult to market it. One of the fastest and surest ways to market and sell your ideas to hundreds and thousands of people world wide, is by taking your ideas to the internet.
Provided you have an idea, you will most certainly own a business on the internet and make money doing it. This is in my opinion the fastest way to become wealthy today.
Re: How To Discover A Winning Business Ideas by nell07(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
Goodevening Mr 9.
I've been Checking our your topics and posts since I discovered you yesterday...
And I've come to the conclusion that you're one heck of a man...amazing, doesn't even begin to cut it.
Please I need to pick your brain..
Here's my email : macdestiny@yahoo.com
I know you must have an incredibly busy schedule
But still, You wouldn't say no if you knew how much chatting with you would mean to me...
Hope I'm not asking too much though. Expecting to hear from you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best 5 Deposit Account Types To Save Money In For High Interest Yield / Own Manufacturing Plant Of Your Choice / Vtu Recharge Card,data, Subscription Biz Partner Needed Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.