Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP (6745 Views)

Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) / Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst / Journalists Queue For Food In Kogi Government House - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by sindyko(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2012
Does this ruling party want us to die of hunger, even when we are not in drought season. Ur incompetent as lead to short of food and stil vowed that no importation of rice is allowed any longer. Does president want us to be eating stone in rice, when there is no preparation for this unstrategic plan.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 11, 2012
igbsam: So na food be the next thing wey this PDP people wan embezzle now abi. They just want to finish this country. Better still, make dem kuku sell us give another country. Make dem sell this nigeria and we the citizens make we know say dem wan discharge us. I am ready to be sold cos i don tire. How much i go cost for market abeg. Any Economist here please.

Na PDP cause the flood?
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by 190theclown: 9:05am On Oct 11, 2012
Damn it

Thank God I have a small land at d back of my house
Na 2 enter there begin farm
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by valicious1(m): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2012
Since when has it become the role & duty of political parties to make such official proclamations?. That's the sole responsibility of the president or his ministers. PDP of all parties should know this.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by igbsam(m): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2012
noblezone:

Na PDP cause the flood?
Them say food, not flood. Besides, why PDP go announce food shortage, it simply means they want to embezzle all the food in this country. I need an AK47 go guard my most precious Garri.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by ignis: 9:09am On Oct 11, 2012
Can any good news ever come out from PDP?
PDP is banning the importation of flour, thereby making bread expensive to the common man. They are still talking about food shortage.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Pharoh: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2012
If the owner of the house knows when the thief is coming then he will be prepared and protect his house not to be broken. The warning has been sounded now so people should strategize and move quickly with their plans to cushion the effect of this impending disaster.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2012
Zutchy: I tell you,an impromptu ecological disaster,an Act of God indeed,this is like we've never seen in this country before,it has destroyed crops everywhere,this is going to hit Nigeria real hard,but God dey shaaa.
Young man, have you heard of the word climate change and Global warming before ? This flood crisis, this weather debacle is global, its a world crisis, not just Nigeria. Food crisis is world crisis cos many Silos in USA, Thailand etc has been destroyed by devastating flooding worldwide. Nigeria's flood situation is just microcosmic.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 11, 2012
Dear Nairalnders, if you need supplies of GARRI kindly don't hesitate to visit www.garri_activist.com for. Any amount of bags you want.

As we prepare for food shortage, I advice every GARRI eater to stock his store up now as the price of this essential commodity is liable go up soon. And don't forget that mrs widow will soon hit town which the price of Garri is likely to sky rocket high
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by achi4u(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2012
The economic situation of this country has already force me to take some despreate measures which is going back to my village.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Venchy: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2012
Umm Government Magic!!!

I'll like to say this with all due respect to all Academics in Nigeria, "Education in Nigeria is absolute meaningless but PAPER VOUCHER....FOR FOOD ONLY.

It's unspeakable that a tropical country will be short of food, having lots of LAND, RAIN & mineral resources.

This is worrying and I'm beginning to wonder if our education is having any positive impact in our lives or just shopping and living extravagant life.

I use to work in MARKS & SPENCER in 2005 at the food section, all I saw was variety of Fruit from all over the world and some other AFRICAN countries EXCEPT Nigeria, UK as a country does not have the tropical weather but able to produce some other fruits.

Germans have storage capacity of food that will sustain them for at least 3yrs.

United states have shortage of RAIN that's why there has been an issue regarding shortage of food.

Traveling around UK, all you'll see is FARMING left right center but NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT has no idea, GHANA PUNA YAM is is also available in the UK market and not Nigerian yam.

There are ACRES OF LAND EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA but OUR LEADER are not interested in making use of this lands and take advantage of the rain but to announce to the already BATTERED citizens of Nigeria that there will be shortage of food.

Sad sad and nothing but sad and AUTHORITY STEALING.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2012
Like say food dey before
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 11, 2012
Venchy: Umm Government Magic!!!

I'll like to say this with all due respect to all Academics in Nigeria, "Education in Nigeria is absolute meaningless but PAPER VOUCHER....FOR FOOD ONLY.

It's unspeakable that a tropical country will be short of food, having lots of LAND, RAIN & mineral resources.

This is worrying and I'm beginning to wonder if our education is having any positive impact in our lives or just shopping and living extravagant life.

I use to work in MARKS & SPENCER in 2005 at the food section, all I saw was variety of Fruit from all over the world and some other AFRICAN countries EXCEPT Nigeria, UK as a country does not have the tropical weather but able to produce some other fruits.

Germans have storage capacity of food that will sustain them for at least 3yrs.

United states have shortage of RAIN that's why there has been an issue regarding shortage of food.

Traveling around UK, all you'll see is FARMING left right center but NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT has no idea, GHANA PUNA YAM is is also available in the UK market and not Nigerian yam.

There are ACRES OF LAND EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA but OUR LEADER are not interested in making use of this lands and take advantage of the rain but to announce to the already BATTERED citizens of Nigeria that there will be shortage of food.

Sad sad and nothing but sad and AUTHORITY STEALING.
bros I tire Oooo......
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2012
This will be nasty. And if there's anything we lack most, it's "storage" and preservative methods for Agricultural Produce.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by PetDancer(f): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2012
A basin of garri is now sold for 3K ,I WONDER HOW WE R GOING TO SURVIVE,BUT I BELEIVE WITH GOD ALL THINGS R POSSIBLE.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Opemipo011: 11:15am On Oct 11, 2012
Fellow Nigerians. In as much we could forecast the implications of the flood, we should not be pessimistic. We can start praying dat the food shortage should be averted. With GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. The earlier the floods recedes the better. May GOD bless and uphold nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Seun(m): 11:52am On Oct 11, 2012
In a free society there's nothing like food shortage, only expensive food. Even if all crops in the country are destroyed, we'll just import more rice and other cheap staples. This is why economically dumb laws banning importation of food are dangerous; they take away that option. In the absence of dumb restrictions on food importation, the only way you can have food shortage is if the entire world runs out of food. Not likely.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
igbsam: So na food be the next thing wey this PDP people wan embezzle now abi. They just want to finish this country. Better still, make dem kuku sell us give another country. Make dem sell this nigeria and we the citizens make we know say dem wan discharge us. I am ready to be sold cos i don tire. How much i go cost for market abeg. Any Economist here please.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Venchy: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
PetDancer: A basin of garri is now sold for 3K ,I WONDER HOW WE R GOING TO SURVIVE,BUT I BELEIVE WITH GOD ALL THINGS R POSSIBLE.

Let's be more PRACTICAL and stop holding God to ransom.
Nigerians and their leaders never gets their priorities right, deviation deviation all the time.

Let's start Farming and forget all this FUCKING PAPER VOUCHERS we all spend yrs and money on at UNIVERSITIES which never gets us anywhere but backward.

Should any sensible Government be reminded that SERIOUS STORAGE GOES ALONG WITH FARMING....

Mumu Leaders, good for nothing but STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Venchy: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
Opemipo_01 :
Fellow Nigerians. In as much we could forecast the implications of the flood, we should not be pessimistic. We can start praying dat the food shortage should be averted. With GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. The earlier the floods recedes the better. May GOD bless and uphold nigeria.

I tire for all this prayer warriors, for once in our lives, please let's be practical and more proactive towards the right thing and stop prayers that will NEVER BE ANSWERED.

This is a foolish idea as we are always missing the point but praying, we pray more than the white people and we don't make any development.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Opemipo011: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
Venchy:

I tire for all this prayer warriors, for once in our lives, please let's be practical and more proactive towards the right thing and stop prayers that will NEVER BE ANSWERED.

This is a foolish idea as we are always missing the point but praying, we pray more than the white people and we don't make any development.

i meant necessary actions should also be taken along side prayers... Dont get me wrong..
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by omenka(m): 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
'Nigerians should know that flooding is a global phenominon'... All too familier excuse.. Terrorism is a global phenon, curruption is a global phenon, poverty is a global phenon. Need I mention more? What asswipes we have at the corridors of power.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by chucky234(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Now, you have a point, Garri will help Nigeria out in this situation, cos Cassava grows in every climate situation. I guess the price will go up.
You have been secretly inducted into the G family without you knowing it,you are now a Garri Billyonaire.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by chucky234(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2012
Seun: In a free society there's nothing like food shortage, only expensive food. Even if all crops in the country are destroyed, we'll just import more rice and other cheap staples. This is why economically dumb laws banning importation of food are dangerous; they take away that option. In the absence of dumb restrictions on food importation, the only way you can have food shortage is if the entire world runs out of food. Not likely.
Thank you,that's exactly what I was trying to prove to Billyonaire and his dull followers yesterday,you cant ban importation when you don't have enough to sustain domestic demand.
Imagine FG banning rice importation when we don't have milling capacity of 500,000MT let alone producing enough to sustain the continuous increase in the demand for rice,this govt got to wake up and do things right before they plunge this country into a pit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by chucky234(m): 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Now, you have a point, Garri will help Nigeria out in this situation, cos Cassava grows in every climate situation. I guess the price will go up.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by Ozonna(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
Seun: In a free society there's nothing like food shortage, only expensive food. Even if all crops in the country are destroyed, we'll just import more rice and other cheap staples. This is why economically dumb laws banning importation of food are dangerous; they take away that option. In the absence of dumb restrictions on food importation, the only way you can have food shortage is if the entire world runs out of food. Not likely.

Correct!!!

Somthing tells me that GEJ will rescind its decision to increase the Import duty on rice and wheat flour. I believe the Minister of Agric will advise him to do so.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by haibe(m): 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against
kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and
earthquakes, in divers places.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by tpia5: 7:34am On Oct 12, 2012
There might be food shortages and epidemics related to the flooding.

How ironic considering the popularity of garri on nl recently.

Hope it (garri) wont become limited supply.

But, i think the govt should import food if necessary.
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by citizenisb: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2012
http://ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101643:flood-high-levy-on-rice-trigger-fears-of-food-crisis&catid=31:business&Itemid=562

THE planned hike in levy on imported rice by the Federal Government has triggered fear of imminent food crisis in the country, especially those from the flood-ravaged states.

Besides, there is a worldwide apprehension over imminent food crisis in 2013, due largely to severe weather condition in the United States and other food-exporting countries.

Grains such as rice, millets, corn, remained a staple food in Nigeria and stakeholders had expressed fears that with the recent 100 per cent increase in duty on imported rice, an average and low-income earner might not be able to purchase the farm produce.

The 2013 budget proposes a 100 per cent levy on imported polished rice. Several voices of concern are emerging from all sectors, urging the Federal Government to reconsider its levy regime on imported rice to avert food crisis in the country.

The Minister of Environment, Hajiya Hadiza Mailafia, who spoke to State House Correspondents, after a meeting of the Federal Executive Council recently, revealed that several thousands of farmlands had been destroyed by the ravaging floods across the country.

She said: “The consequences of the floods are that there are huge losses of farmlands, there are likely threats to food security, we are likely going to have challenges that have to do with the health of the people in some areas”.

Also, the Federal Director of Agriculture in Adamawa, Wali Hamman, said there was a real possibility of food crisis in Adamawa State next year.

Considering the huge damage on the farmlands, he said there was likelihood of food crisis in the state, if immediate action was not taken to address the situation.

He said: “Most of the farmers affected by the disaster are more preoccupied with how to save themselves and their families from the disaster than of their farms”.

Kano State has equally been badly affected by the floods, which resulted in the disruption of rice production in the state.

A statement from the association of rice growers in the state, disclosed that about 95 per cent of all rice farms in Kano State have been destroyed by flood.

Also, Plateau state government said that the flood that affected eight local government areas in the state, had washed away eight bridges and rendered more than 10,000 people homeless.

The state’s Commissioner for Information and Communication, Abraham Yiljap, told newsmen after the weekly executive council meeting few days ago, that more than 100 villages and 4,000 hectares of farmlands were destroyed.

“Unfortunately and tragically, Plateau has been affected by another flood disaster after the one in Jos North.  Several crops had also been washed away by the disaster. This situation would lead to likely shortage of food supply in the state, as the areas ravaged were mainly agricultural areas.”
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by rawtruth(m): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2012
Quote:

"There are ACRES OF LAND EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA but OUR LEADER are not interested in making use of this lands and take advantage of the rain but to announce to the already BATTERED citizens of Nigeria that there will be shortage of food.

Sad sad and nothing but sad..."

Unguote:

Meanwhile, these same "leaders" remain silent while fulani herdsmen all over Africa conspire and converge on the arable plains of northern Nigeria, killing hard-working farmers and destroying their properties, while their herds of animals trample arable land into hard-crusted earth, unsuitable for manual farming; particularly across central Nigeria where most of Nigeria's staple food is produced. Thousands of Berom and Tiv farmers in Plateau state and parts of Doma in Nassarawa state, respectively, have not cultivated their lands for the past two farming seasons because of armed nomadic fulanis' activities. Perhaps the 'PDP' hasn't the wisdom to appreciate the negative effect of these fulani wars on food production. Or, maybe they believe cow meat and milk can replace potatoes, millet, guinea-corn, maize, cassava, yam, rice, soya bean, beniseed, etc.,. We haven't seen anything yet!
Re: Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP by uzodinma06: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
http://newhomes.ng/find-property/

"There are ACRES OF LAND EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA but OUR LEADER are not interested in making use of this lands and take advantage of the rain but to announce to the already BATTERED citizens of Nigeria that there will be shortage of food.

Sigh

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Proceed On Terminal Leave By First Week March:Pof Jega / The Emerging MegaCity In Nigeria(the Biggest BuiltUp/metropolis Area In Nigeria) / Cocaine Smuggling Politician Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.