Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport (13206 Views)

Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport / IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna / Kano-lagos Passenger Train Collides With Truck In Kaduna. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by otokx(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2012
The airport management ought to inspect the runway on an hourly basis and remove any obstruction.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Adanyebe(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2012
akagaba: Hi guys, pls hw do i start a thread. I mean 2create a topic cus i hav gudnews here 2tel. Direct me pls.
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO CREATE A TOPIC BUT U KNOW HOW TO POST COMMENT!****MTCHEEEEWWWWWW*******
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2012
alaoeri:
Frustration don catch u wey your scam level reach this one na wah oh.
@topic thank God no casualty in the incident.

Dat tin na una acct number?
Abeggi..... Respect urself jhor!
Na play play tinz!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by tigonana: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2012
Kai wettin dey happen for niger calamity here nd deir God help us.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Remzolution: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2012
preposterous! Do u mean 2tel me dt d truck jst materialisd in2 d colision? Dt dy didn't c it b4 d plane engagd running? It dazes me dt afta al ds years, 9ja stil cnt hav any sector runing @full capacity 2win d people's cnfidens. Safety measures shouldn't b cmpromisd or taken lightly as d slightest inattentn cn result in disastr. It's pathetic hw bland we r in imbibing industrial ethics. Well, may b it's true dt aviatn is also strivng 2make headlines, i mean, afta ALUU comunity n BH r stealng d show lately. I would rada hav my eyeballs tattoed dn subscribe 2d Nigerian system of governance!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Puntae: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2012
First, we are most grateful to God for no loss of life.
Secondly, were it to be the opposite, a tragedy and shame it will be to the Nation, owning to the yet to be forgotten issue of the Dana Air disaster in June, 2012.
This boils down to the issue of total over hauling of the Aviation Industry whereby a comprehensive and a more effective Safety measures be put in place to regulate and checkmate the Airline companies not excluding Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority. This Safety measures should be independent of the functions of the NCAA that is, a separate independent body should man the affairs of Safety in the Industry. I believe with this, the Industry shall move towards enhancing and curbing issues of poor maintenance and services affecting the Industry...
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by saleeh: 11:23am On Oct 11, 2012
BrutusOj: CATASTROPHE every where.....I think running 2 sahara desert will be de nxt option sad sad sad
don't waste time, do it now...you're saying you can not do
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by dahdah: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2012
packman: it could be that the conductor did not watch very well.

ARE U SICK?
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Todaynatoday: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2012
In all situations, we must give thanks to God. Thank God that no life was lost.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Ashawoboi: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2012
tonyx4x44: o boy no dey disgrace yourself for here o:/ they say taxiway where plane dey taxi (drive) before e take off, dey no say road whe taxi dey use!
u urself, u no understand wetin de here i swear!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by mejai(m): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2012
Fashola would have called lastma tow-van to remove dat sewage poo truck. Since tuesday nyt. Oh my God. grin
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Dee60: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2012
ONLY IN NIGERIA!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by vislabraye(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2012
Flying plane is not the same as driving a car. Do they expect the pilot to just swerve and maneuvre as if its a bicycle?
The guys in the control towers should be blamed. God help us in this country.
Life means nothing because it comes and go like that.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by HillaryCleton(m): 11:52am On Oct 11, 2012
ThankGod as nobody substained injured. But a critical look should be taken to know what might be the cause of it.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by donigspain(m): 11:59am On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: That Pilot needs to be disciplined. Did he or did he not see the truck ? Why didn't he break the plane and alert the towers for alternative action. You don't just assume the space is wide enough and ram someone's aircraft on a visible barrier. It costs money to fix aircraft.
Guy, why you dey fall hand na? You think say aeroplane be chopper bicycle wey fit break anyhow?
Do you also think cockpit visibility is the same with tower visibility? Abeg, pilot no do any bad thing at all since dem control tower people don give 'clear' signal.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by ubest1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2012
is only is fucking country u get such a stupid news, just imagine international communities reading this kind of trash
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by chucky234(m): 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
Airplane colliding with a truck? That's certainly the joke of the century,no other joke come close.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by chucky234(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: That Pilot needs to be disciplined. Did he or did he not see the truck ? Why didn't he break the plane and alert the towers for alternative action. You don't just assume the space is wide enough and ram someone's aircraft on a visible barrier. It costs money to fix aircraft.
Break the plane? Are you kidding me,this must be a joke.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by lapetite(f): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
akagaba: Hi guys, pls hw do i start a thread. I mean 2create a topic cus i hav gudnews here 2tel. Direct me pls.
i think we re in d same shoe cos am just new here n dont even know how to comment on post
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Jjc2000(m): 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
Complete overhaul is imperative to d aviation sector. A truck abandoned at d taxiway to d runway is inexplicable. D aviatn minister knows nothing about aviation she was d facilitator of neighbour2neighbour dat campaigned 4 gej. Round peg in square hole.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by mallorca(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
omenziate: This country just b like joke. Suffering and smiling tins. Notin spoil, man no die, man no rotten
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by nagoma(m): 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
Imanuelle: Sticking to my canoe!

Says the aviation Minister.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Dee60: 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
If I recall, the last time this happened, it was a plane colliding with a horde of cattle. Naija my naija![color=#006600][/color]
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by nagoma(m): 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
BrutusOj: CATASTROPHE every where.....I think running 2 sahara desert will be de nxt option sad sad sad

Sahara Desert may be okay , but be ready to slug it out with the Malian rebels and the pro-Ghaddafi touaregs in South Libya.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by nagoma(m): 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2012

Sahara Desert may be okay , but be ready to slug it out with the Malian rebels and the pro-Ghaddafi touaregs in South Libya.

There is no hiding place!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
emmmmmm some comments here sounds as if the aviation minister was the one that parked the truck on the run way.
na wa ooo, so as a minister she is expected to be at all the airports and ensure that both cows aka malu and shit carrying trucks are not using the runway the sometime with planes are taxiing on it. hmmmmm, i tie o.
i start to wonder what are the airport managers paid for since the minister is blamed for everything.
GOD HELP US ALL AND GRANT US THE WISDOM TO MAKE RATIONAL AND INFORMED COMMENTS WITHOUT ALWAYS BEEN NIHILISTIC BOTH IN THOUGHT AND IN ATTITUDE JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE IN ALUU COMMUNITY.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Venchy: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
Loooooool, thank God no life's lost.

Nigeria is place where shit happen.

In 2008 our London bound flight BELLVIEW had a problem before taken off, no standby engineer at MM but to go and call an engineer from his Sunday church who's has no idea of HEALTH and SAFETY by coming to work on his traditional AGBADA.

I couldn't stop laughing because in an ideal world, an engineer will be wearing his work clothe and safety shoes.

This country is going down right before our eyes.

Lack of concentration and negligent at work is part of Nigerians WORK ETHICS, not the usual useless LEADERS this time.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
Don't worry folks, when the Aviation minister is done with her "Canoe paddling" vacation, this will be looked into. . .
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by luluosas(m): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
Thank God there were no casualties.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Olami90: 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
@billyonaire...u dey fall hand big tym.Small tym nw,u wil b formin frnd to Dangote's in-law wey ur leg no dey touch ground.Do u fink Airplane is lyk kekeNAPEP dt u can break anytym?.borrow knowledge na...
HQ: Don't worry folks, when the Aviation minister is done with her "Canoe paddling" vacation, this will be looked into. . .
Lah GEJ go set another committee to luk into dt.Committee president
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by johnalabi: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
Adanyebe: YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO CREATE A TOPIC BUT U KNOW HOW TO POST COMMENT!****MTCHEEEEWWWWWW*******
guy shaaarap nd learn 2 speak wit people u dont knw, or even sef shay u knw mayb is an elderly person, jst like spitin out unwashed saliva 4rm bad belle, nonsense
Adanyebe: YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO CREATE A TOPIC BUT U KNOW HOW TO POST COMMENT!****MTCHEEEEWWWWWW*******
guy shaaarap nd learn 2 speak wit people u dont knw, or even sef shay u knw mayb is an elderly person, jst like spitin out unwashed saliva 4rm bad belle, nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide / What Was Your First Job Abroad? / "LASTMA Officials Now Operate Like Pick-Pockets"- Twitter User Shares Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.