Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,427 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Is A Passport Agent Actually Needed? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is A Passport Agent Actually Needed? (1271 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Getting A Passport In Nigeria / Passengers From 4 US States May Soon Need A Passport For Domestic Flights / Do I Need A Passport To Travel To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Passport Agent Actually Needed? by Mojir(f): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2008
Hello Nairalanders,

Please is it possible to obtain a Nigerian passport without actually going through a passport agent?

If yes, then how long will the process takes even after making the on-line payment?

Please share with me your experience.
Re: Is A Passport Agent Actually Needed? by Goshen360(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2008
Mojir:

Hello Nairalanders,

Please is it possible to obtain a Nigerian passport without actually going through a passport agent?

If yes, then how long will the process takes even after making the on-line payment?

Please share with me your experience.

visit the immigration website: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/index.htm

pay to a credit card by interswitch with uba bank and make the online payment
fill the forms and print out confirmations
print and sign guarantor's form
get all neccesary documents and you will be given appointment day from your print out.
pls follow this link for the rest procedures: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/Guideline_Documents/Passport_Guidelines.htm

thanks
Re: Is A Passport Agent Actually Needed? by beejazzy(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2008
Hi mate,
Yes it is very possible to get a passport without going through an agent
The duration here is what matters cos after you've made the payment
electronically, you would then be given a date for appointment at the
regional office, after which might take up to a month or thereabout
before you get your passport.
But i would advise you go through someone you know thats working
at the immigration centre passport department to help you in the
processing of the passport cos this dont really take much time and
it depends on how fast you want it that matters.
Let me know where you stay so i can know if i will be of help
cos i know of someone who works there but he's office is in
Ogun State capital, Abeokuta, who can get it done for you as specificied
by you, and if Abeokuta is a place you can visit, then get back to me on my email
so i can give you details on how to get in contact with him.
oloksbeejay@yahoo.com . thats my email address. hope am able to answer your
question. Cheers
Re: Is A Passport Agent Actually Needed? by babycool(f): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2008
As far as you are well educated, you dont need an agent.
Just but your card and go online, if you follow the procedures accordingly, you will get your passport at two weeks maximum.
Re: Is A Passport Agent Actually Needed? by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 12, 2008
yes it's very possible to get one done without going through a middleman. i should know i did one some weeks back in Abuja.

the catch is that it'll take you time as others have said. after doing what you have to do online you'll be given an interview date which in my case was 2 weeks away. after the interview/snapping you'll be given another one week to come pick up your passport. so let's say the whole process will take you about a month.

another difficulty might be getting a guarantor who has either of the 2 ID's: driving license, National ID and e-passport. but I'm sure if you search well enough you'll find one.

all in all #15,000 can see you through if you stay in Abuja and intend to see it through there.

you get the card #9,000
browse online and print your necessary papers #600
run around including going to court to certify your guarantors form #3,000 (i didn't actually go to court so this figures' an estimate)
and then you take your self to and fro the immigrations office twice: to snap the picture and later on to collect your passport #1,000 (if you take public transport)

see this thread for more: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-70331.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Holiday Accommodation In London / Win A Free Pilgrimage Trip To Jerusalem Also Live Concert By Tope Alabi / Study Opportunities In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.