Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (11418 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Why Do Pastors Sell Their Sermons? / Do Pastors Fall Sick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by packman: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
i just want to know if pastors pay their tithe's cos they keep preaching about tithe in churches but i really want to know if pastor's pay their tithe

please drop your comment.......
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by bernfame(f): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2012
My pastor does pay tithe.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 12, 2012
bernfame: My pastor does pay tithe.

To himself?

See these jokers

2 Likes

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by eddy1977(m): 12:59am On Oct 13, 2012
Just call them or email them. I am pretty sure they willl be glad to answer. At least my pastor pays his tithe.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by bernfame(f): 5:41am On Oct 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

To himself?

See these jokers
How can he pay tithe to himself. And point of correction, you dont pay tithe to your pastor, you pay tithe to GOD.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 6:09am On Oct 13, 2012
bernfame:
How can he pay tithe to himself. And point of correction, you dont pay tithe to your pastor, you pay tithe to GOD.

You mean you we pay tithe to the same God who NEVER DEMANDED TITHE FROM CHRISTIANS AND WHO HAD CHANGED/NULLIFIED THE LAW OF TITHING

4 Likes

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by PastorKun(m): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2012
bernfame:

And how does God receive these tithes?

4 Likes

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by petres007(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2012
packman: i just want to know if pastors pay their tithe's cos they keep preaching about tithe in churches but i really want to know if pastor's pay their tithe

Whether or not pastors pay their tithes does not validate Christian tithing. It just shows how much of a confused and unbiblical model we have.

See - http://www.acts1711daily.com/2012/10/02/israel-the-church-the-tithing-ordinance/
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by bernfame(f): 1:15am On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

You mean you we pay tithe to the same God who NEVER DEMANDED TITHE FROM CHRISTIANS AND WHO HAD CHANGED/NULLIFIED THE LAW OF TITHING
Go and read your Bible and stop quoting me. Paying of tithe is non negotiable. I'm sure that Malachi 3:8-11 can answer your question.

8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and in offerings.
9. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole generation.
10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD OF HOST.

4 Likes

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 14, 2012
bernfame:

See this thief. You must be making some income from the tithes of sheep in some church.

How does god get the tithes? Does god evenneed the money in the first place. Why not give the money to the poor and needy?

Tithing to private jet pastors is foolish. Pastors dont tithe.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2012
bernfame:
Go and read your Bible and stop quoting me. Paying of tithe is non negotiable. I'm sure that Malachi 3:8-11 can answer your question.

8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and in offerings.
9. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole generation.
10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD OF HOST.

And can you tell us who Malachi was talking to in those verse What kind of tithe is NOT negotiable Why don't you be the very one to sit down and read/study Hebrews 7......I have done that and the truth therein had set me free. Why don't you do same..... cool
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Joagbaje(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
packman: i just want to know if pastors pay their tithe's cos they keep preaching about tithe in churches but i really want to know if pastor's pay their tithe

Yes pastors do pay tithe. Some pay it in their church ,others psy it to another ministry they are submitted to.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by plappville(f): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2012
They are like everyone so they should pay if be it. When someone repented He is to work with His hands. No one should use God to benefit from Others.

28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

Give to those in need ooo, The bible is clear! The tithe should be used on the poor.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by plappville(f): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2012
bernfame:

Yes, but God no dey come down come spend am na, The poor should eat the tith not the Pastors.
Apostle Paul told us to work with our hands. This include Pastors.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 6:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
Joagbaje:

Yes pastors do pay tithe. Some pay it in their church ,others psy it to another ministry they are submitted to.

There is no such practice with/within the NT among the Apostles. Imagine the ministry of Timothy doing this to the ministry of Apostle Paul OR Paul doing this to Peter etc......hehehehehehehe cool

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Joagbaje(m): 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
A pastor is first a christian . He must practice what he teaches. If he teach on fasting and prayer ,he should be number 1. Same goes for evangelism ,intercession and giving. He does this as a believer not as a pastor. 80% pastor earn salary from jobs and businesses . Only few are into full time ministry , and most of them may have allowances or salary. They should pay tithes as others.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2012
Joagbaje: A pastor is first a christian . He must practice what he teaches. If he teach on fasting and prayer ,he should be number 1. Same goes for evangelism ,intercession and giving. He does this as a believer not as a pastor. 80% pastor earn salary from jobs and businesses . Only few are into full time ministry , and most of them may have allowances or salary. They should pay tithes as others.

Okay....maybe we might engage in debate soon....after you respond on the other thread, indicating your interest for a debate. cool
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by plappville(f): 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Okay....maybe we might engage in debate soon....after you respond on the other thread, indicating your interest for a debate. cool

Pourquoi tu m'engage pas au sujet du Sabbath? J'aimerai bien que tu viens me montre un passage dans la bible par raport au Sabbath. Stp.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 5:10am On Oct 15, 2012
plappville:

Pourquoi tu m'engage pas au sujet du Sabbath? J'aimerai bien que tu viens me montre un passage dans la bible par raport au Sabbath. Stp.

Ce qui a Sabbat a à voir avec la dîme? Je ne comprends pas votre quête ma chère chérie sœur. shocked
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by plappville(f): 7:51am On Oct 15, 2012
Goshen360:

Ce qui a Sabbat a à voir avec la dîme? Je ne comprends pas votre quête ma chère chérie sœur. shocked

C'est normal, Ils n'ont rien en commun. je devais te dirigé vers le lien du sabbat que j'ai créé.

Le frère @Image123 a essayé, mais il ne fournit pas un verset qui manifestement annulés ou changé le jour du sabbat donc, je pense que tu peux fait quelque chose.
Je tiens à te fait confiance smiley

Voyez ci-dessous. Mais nous allons parler en anglais, alors que d'autres peuvent contribuer.

https://www.nairaland.com/1042585/how-observe-shabbath
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by PastorKun(m): 8:13am On Oct 15, 2012
plappville:

C'est normal, Ils n'ont rien en commun. je devais te dirigé vers le lien du sabbat que j'ai créé.

Le frère @Image123 a essayé, mais il ne fournit pas un verset qui manifestement annulés ou changé le jour du sabbat donc, je pense que tu peux fait quelque chose.
Je tiens à te fait confiance smiley

Voyez ci-dessous. Mais nous allons parler en anglais, alors que d'autres peuvent contribuer.

https://www.nairaland.com/1042585/how-observe-shabbath

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Zikkyy(m): 8:34am On Oct 15, 2012
Pastor Kun:

They were discussing in tongues grin
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by plappville(f): 8:38am On Oct 15, 2012
Zikkyy:

Oga Zikkyy na you sabi oo grin
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by omotola1(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2012
bernfame: My pastor does pay tithe.
Mine too pays his tithe.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by stagger: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this thief. You must be making some income from the tithes of sheep in some church.

How does god get the tithes? Does god evenneed the money in the first place. Why not give the money to the poor and needy?

Tithing to private jet pastors is foolish. Pastors dont tithe.

So you just sit in your house, and conclude that pastors don't pay tithe without any empirical or statistically-derived evidence. And we wonder why the black man is in a depraved state!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by greatgod2012(f): 11:35am On Oct 15, 2012
Im an anglican, and im d church treasurer, so, im 100% sure dt our vicar pays his own tithe.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by heed101(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2012
My own is that the tithe paid to these churches, where are they? Or God is sending Angel Gabriel to collect such tithe? I think it z high time Government should start collecting tax from all these churches because they make money more than some multinational firms.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by mrkels(m): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2012
Wait o, pastors do receive salaries ? kiss
No wonder some have jets/schools/airlines tongue
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Orikinla(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2012
YES.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by mrkels(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2012
Zikkyy:

People are staring at me o! Lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 15, 2012
stagger:

So you just sit in your house, and conclude that pastors don't pay tithe without any empirical or statistically-derived evidence. And we wonder why the black man is in a depraved state!

You are one to talk about the state of the black man when you are a slave. A mental slave to a jewish religion that eslaved millions of blacks. And continues to tell us that God/his son (Jesus) is a jew and all his prophets came from the Middle east.

The same christianity that sucks tithes out of hardworkijng Nigerians, majority of who are poor? Does God need money in the first place? Fool. Why not tithe to charities and orphanages. Does your pastor need a private jet or the latest SUV?

Concerning your wanting of evidence for pastors paying tithes;

a) The big MOGs run their own churches and they dont go to other MOGs' churches on sundays. Who are they tithing to? Themselves? Their own churches aka themselves? Oyedepo is worth 150 million dollars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Oyedepo.
How much tithe would he have to give to another church if his yearly income is about $20 million? $200,000 to another church?

b) Catholics dont tithe, so do their priests. Priests in Germany came under fire for asking for tithes. http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012/s3597281.htm

c) As a former christian (ctholic) htat has been to Baptist and pentecostal churches. Their pastors have never even claimed to pay tithes or have never paid tithes in my presence. This is my experience
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 15, 2012
Orikinla: YES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? / Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt / If You Are So Familiar With The Bible Rearrange These Popular Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.