Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,937 members, 7,841,596 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Deliverance From Fear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deliverance From Fear (654 Views)

Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / Church Confirms Jim Iyke’s Deliverance From Evil Spirits / Deliverance From Four Demonic Kingdoms! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deliverance From Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Deliverance from Fear
October 12, 2012.

"I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:4).

There are many things in such a world as ours that can bring fear into human hearts--fear of want, fear of war, fear of rejection, fear of the dark, and a multitude of others. Some fears are rational, some are foolish, but all are very serious to those who experience them.

The good news of the gospel, however, can set us free from every fear. Remember that fear entered the world when sin entered the world. "I was afraid," Adam explained, when God found him hiding in the garden after eating the forbidden fruit (Genesis 3:10). The second reference to fear in the Bible, on the other hand, was when "the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward" (Genesis 15:1). The Lord protects us and provides for us; we have His Word and need "fear no evil" (Psalm 23:4).

At least 19 times in the New Testament we hear the words "fear not" or "be not afraid" on the lips of Christ. Whenever phobias beset us or fears discourage us, deliverance is ours when we seek the Lord. Then "we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me" (Hebrews 13:6). Even if we must sometimes "suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled" (1 Peter 3:14).

Perhaps the greatest fear of all is the fear of death, but the Lord delivers us even from this fear, for He has conquered death. In His glorified body, He has said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Revelation 1:17-18). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Deliverance From Fear by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
U fail to realise one thing, that the continual existence of christianity is itself reliant on fear.
Deep in the heart of most christians is the fear of going to hell, and that is sole reason of them being diligent in practising their faith.
Whenever they are challenged by someone else, and they have nothing to defend themselves with, they use the power of fear with words like ''i pity u, u will rot in hell'' to try to frighten the person.

Hence christians and their religion is not only full of fear and insecurities, but are the greatest users of it.
Re: Deliverance From Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:11am On Oct 13, 2012
inurmind: U fail to realise one thing, that the continual existence of christianity is itself reliant on fear.
Deep in the heart of most christians is the fear of going to hell, and that is sole reason of them being diligent in practising their faith.
Whenever they are challenged by someone else, and they have nothing to defend themselves with, they use the power of fear with words like ''i pity u, u will rot in hell'' to try to frighten the person.

Hence christians and their religion is not only full of fear and insecurities, but are the greatest users of it.

There is healthy fear and unhealthy fear. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Re: Deliverance From Fear by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2012
My goodness! So u condone such?
Christians will never cease to amaze me.
U can as well say there is healty and unhealty sin.
So u mean its okay to scare your children to death about stories of hell so that they go to church not becos they love god or humanity, nor wish to do good to both, but so they would have a mansion and ford cars in the after life?
No wonder christianity is in this state.

Arent u meant to attract through a loving and peacegiving nature?
Through the display of the fruits of the holy spirit I expect should be in you?

Smh
Re: Deliverance From Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
inurmind: My goodness! So u condone such?
So u mean its okay to scare your children to death about stories of hell so that they go to church not becos they love god or humanity, nor wish to do good to both, but so they would have a mansion and ford cars in the after life?
No wonder christianity is in this state.

Smh

This article explains what is wrong about the type of Christianity practised nowadays and why we keep reproducing deserters at heart all because we don't tell them the whole truth when we preach the gospel to them.

God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.

It is true that God loves you, but you decide if His plan is "wonderful." If you have heard that happiness comes through Jesus Christ, you may like to think again. The first thing Jesus said of the Apostle Paul (who wrote most of the New Testament) was that He would show him "how great things he must suffer for (His) name's sake.1 Three times Paul was beaten with rods, once he was stoned, three times he suffered shipwreck, a night and a day he spent in the sea.2 There were times when Paul was so unhappy, he wanted to die. The Bible says, "All who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."3 It says we enter the Kingdom of God through much distress,4 and that we were appointed to afflictions.5

Jesus said if we followed Him we would be reviled, persecuted, hated, and all manner of evil would be said against us falsely, for His sake. He warned that we would have to take up our cross daily, deny ourselves and follow Him, saying, "In the world you shall have tribulation," and even that we may be called to die for our faith.6

My wife once spoke to a young man who had believed alluring television advertisements and joined the navy to see the world; and what did he see? He saw the sea . . . and found nothing but hard work. Now he couldn't wait to leave the navy. If they had been honest in their advertising, the navy may not have got as many recruits, but at least the ones they did get would be committed, rather than deserters at heart.

I have told you the truth about Christianity. Oh . . . I forgot to mention one thing along with the trials comes "the gift of God" . . .everlasting life!7 The Apostle Paul lost everything for the sake of his faith, and said that compared to what he had found in Jesus Christ, all the riches of this world were nothing but "dung."8

If you are interested in your eternal salvation, with a tender conscience, answer the following: Have you ever lied, hated, lusted, stolen, committed adultery, had sex outside of marriage (or desired to)? Have you kept the Sabbath holy, always honoured your parents, have you put God first in your affections, have you blasphemed His name (using it to curse), have you made a god to suit yourself (been guilty of "idolatry"making a god in your own image)?

If you have broken even one of those Ten Commandments, then you have "sinned against God." On Judgment Day you will be found to be guilty. Forget any thought of a "wonderful plan" without God's mercy, you will go to Hell. Unless you repent, you will perish.9 God doesn't ask you to consider His plan for your life, He commands you to repent.10 When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment which was due to you and me for our sins. In doing so, He satisfied the demands of Eternal Justice, and at the same time He demonstrated how much God loves us. If you repent and put your faith in Jesus, God will forgive your sins and grant you the gift of everlasting life. Don't say you will "give it some thought"instead obey the command.

If you stepped into a courtroom and offered to pay a £50,000 fine I couldn't pay, what an insult it would be for me to say I would give your offer of help "some thought." Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, then by the grace of God hold on, because you have just begun the "abundant life" you are going to be busy swimming upstream against the world (with all its sinful pleasures), the flesh (your sinful nature) and the devil (you'll find out about him). Read the Bible daily, obey what you read, and you will never fail.

For further reading Foxes Book of Martyrs (at your Christian bookstore).

Bible references:

1. Acts 9:16
2. 2 Corinthians 1:8
3. 2 Timothy 3:12
4. Acts 14:22
5. 1 Thessalonians 3:3

6. Matthew 24:9
7. Romans 6:23
8. Philippians 3:8
9. Luke 13:3
10. Acts 17:30
Re: Deliverance From Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
inurmind: My goodness! So u condone such?
No wonder christianity is in this state

Smh

Lets see what the Bible says:

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Heb. 10:31) The Evidence Bible.

In the late 1980s, TV commercials in the U.S. asked, "What goes through the mind of a driver who is not wearing a seat belt in a head - on collision?" Then they showed a crash dummy having its head crushed by a steering wheel in a collision, and said, "The steering wheel!" Those were scare tactics, but no one complained because they were legitimate scare tactics. That's what happens in a head-on collision if you are foolish enough to not put on a seat belt. To warn of hell is fearful, but it is absolutely legitimate, because the Bible says that it is a fearful thing for a sinner to fall into the hands of the living God.

(1) (Reply)

Heaven Is Real: A Doctor’s Experience With The Afterlife / What Is The Meaning Of "Born Again Christians"? / Are Yorubas Better Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.