Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Help Me Make A Choice - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me Make A Choice (1260 Views)

Guys Help Me Make Choice Between Dis Two Powerful Phones / Pls Help Me Make A Gud Choice Btw Tecno L7 And Phantom Z Min / 3 Phones That Will Make A Mark In 1st Half Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Make A Choice by Dextra(f): 8:55am On Oct 13, 2012
I use Nokia torchlight which I bought for 3,600 naira. I have laptop which I use for my browsing and movie watching. Right now, I need a phone that I can browse with, take lots of pictures with and won't spoil easily cos I always throw my phone accidentally or when I am angry! I have seen a lot of phones but I can't make a choice. I need you guys that are so good with phones to assist me.
Here are the qualities I want.
1. Very clear picture quality. (I take a lot of pictures)
2. Browsing and downloading
3. Games
4. Long battery life
5. Some of my friends say "get an android", please what is an android?
6. I am not a fan of blackberry
7. Financial budget #100,000 and below. Nothing above that. I think it will be stupid to buy a phone above 100k if it gets stolen I might feel it.
Please make a suggestion, I need to buy it before the end of this month.
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Damon03(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2012
Hmmm.... This "always throwing ur phone accidentally or when u're angry" will complicate tinz o, cos most of them are touchscreen only. Nt being a BB fan makes it easier tho

Options are:
1.Nokia 808 purview... Talking of great pictures(prolly the best camera phone yet ) and nice battery life + it shouldnt spoil easily since its nokia. Runs Nokia belle os

2. Samsung galaxy s3... Arguably the second best phone in the world (if d iphone5 is no.1), runs android os... so u'll av alot of games. In short the phone is great.

Both of them are in the range of 95k. use google to find out more about this two.....

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Choice by cantell(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
Dextra: I use Nokia torchlight which I bought for 3,600 naira. I have laptop which I use for my browsing and movie watching. Right now, I need a phone that I can browse with, take lots of pictures with and won't spoil easily cos I always throw my phone accidentally or when I am angry! I have seen a lot of phones but I can't make a choice. I need you guys that are so good with phones to assist me.
Here are the qualities I want.
1. Very clear picture quality. (I take a lot of pictures)
2. Browsing and downloading
3. Games
4. Long battery life
5. Some of my friends say "get an android", please what is an android?
6. I am not a fan of blackberry
Surprised! A naija lady who is not a fan of BB.
Android phones are cool but their batteries are crap!
Nokia E6 on the other hand is also cool and it has a long lasting battery.
It also has a touch screen and a physical qwerty keypad.
Price is around 48k.
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Dextra(f): 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
Damon03: Hmmm.... This "always throwing ur phone accidentally or when u're angry" will complicate tinz o, cos most of them are touchscreen only. Nt being a BB fan makes it easier tho

Options are:
1.Nokia 808 purview... Talking of great pictures(prolly the best camera phone yet ) and nice battery life + it shouldnt spoil easily since its nokia. Runs Nokia belle os

2. Samsung galaxy s3... Arguably the second best phone in the world (if d iphone5 is no.1), runs android os... so u'll av alot of games. In short the phone is great.

Both of them are in the range of 95k. use google to find out more about this two.....
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll look into the Nokia 808 Purview, I like pictures a lot! And I'll try not to smash it!
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Dextra(f): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
cantell:
Price is around 48k.
Yes, I think Blackberries are overrated! Not to mention the fact that it makes people laugh when nobody's laughing and it dissociates them from the environment.
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Gbadebo01(m): 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
you can buy sony xperia s, its camera is 12 megapixel so u ll have super clear pictures!
it has a 4.3inches hd screen of 720*1280 resolution with is the same with the galaxy s3 but galaxy s3 is bigger i.e 4.8 inches.. so literally xperia s screen is sharper than galaxy s3 but its not noticeable to the human eye.. so no big deal! it also has this cool feature its called floating touch. You don't have to touch the screen of the phone b4 u press what u want to access on the phone! isn't it cool? so effizilicious!
its also PlayStation certified so u can play games on the go till u drop!
it also has gorilla glass to help with ur anger thingy, yeah? i
the downside to the phone is that it does not have a memory card slot ( but doesn't really matter when u have 32gb of internal memory, ain't it?) it uses micro sim too (not sure if that is really a bad side sha) PRICE: around 75k

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Damon03(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2012
Gbadebo01: you can buy sony xperia s, its camera is 12 megapixel so u ll have super clear pictures!
it has a 4.3inches hd screen of 720*1280 resolution with is the same with the galaxy s3 but galaxy s3 is bigger i.e 4.8 inches.. so literally xperia s screen is sharper than galaxy s3 but its not noticeable to the human eye.. so no big deal! it also has this cool feature its called floating touch. You don't have to touch the screen of the phone b4 u press what u want to access on the phone! isn't it cool? so effizilicious!
its also PlayStation certified so u can play games on the go till u drop!
it also has gorilla glass to help with ur anger thingy, yeah? i
the downside to the phone is that it does not have a memory card slot ( but doesn't really matter when u have 32gb of internal memory, ain't it?) it uses micro sim too (not sure if that is really a bad side sha) PRICE: around 75k
I believe thats your phone, nice features. But gorilla glass is no longer a reason to buy a phone cos most new phones have it. And the camera is just 12mp like Nokia N8, the 808 pureview is 41mp. And not having a memory card slot is a big minus. Having high resolution and playstation in a plus tho. Cool phone
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by jenius2joe(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
Nokia lumia 600 or Nokia lumia 800 is the best option i can s uggest to you.

it is very very cool.
fast response time tongue
HD pictures Very very Clear pix
Good sound for music

Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Gbadebo01(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
Damon03: I believe thats your phone, nice features. But gorilla glass is no longer a reason to buy a phone cos most new phones have it. And the camera is just 12mp like Nokia N8, the 808 pureview is 41mp. And not having a memory card slot is a big minus. Having high resolution and playstation in a plus tho. Cool phone
but i think symbian os (on the 808 pureview)s lacking behind in usability and apps
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
cantell:
Price is around 48k.

when you say android batteries are crap? you don't mean galaxy s3, droid razr maxx? shei cos those fit nicely into her budget
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Damon03(m): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
Gbadebo01:
but i think symbian os (on the 808 pureview)s lacking behind in usability and apps
And android with all its apps and usability, u still av to almost break ur neck looking for a way to make the ba3 last more than 4hrs.
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by sniperwolf(m): 6:51am On Oct 20, 2012
Gbadebo01:
808 Pureview runs Nokia Belle NOT Symbian. And can be upgradeable to FP Belle 2
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Gbadebo01(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2012
sniperwolf:
808 Pureview runs Nokia Belle NOT Symbian. And can be upgradeable to FP Belle 2
nokia belle is symbian...nokia just changed the name... do ur research well!
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Dextra(f): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
I finally settled for Samsung Galaxy S3. So so cool!!! Thanks for all your contributions. Strictly for entertainment!
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Damon03(m): 12:32am On Nov 13, 2012
^^Glad I could be of help.
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Dextra(f): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
Thanks. It's cooooool!
Re: Help Me Make A Choice by Damon03(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
Dextra: Thanks. It's cooooool!
U're Welcome

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Iphone Won't Turn On / Ultimate Beast First Android Phone With As Much RAM As Your Laptop Zenfone 2 / Gets Airtel Cheats For Free.... Browser With 100 A Week..check This Out....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.